Chapter 585
83 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I don’t want to waste my energy on anything other than what I will be doing. Destroying you brings me no benefit or joy, and I’d rather you do yourself and your bloodline a favor.” Jianmen kept the blade of his meat cleaver embedded in the forehead of the dark red liquid head: “I don’t care what you did to all the others who came here, I don’t care what made you, and I don’t care what you as a living curse are set out to do. Just shut up and listen, can you do that?”

 

The dark red liquid head became silent, seeming like it was considering Jianmen’s demands.

 

“Now if you don’t have anything else to say, I’ll let you know what would happen next - ” Jianmen drew his meat cleaver back inch by inch and said with a stern tone: “Whoever did that thing down in this wretched castle of yours, it tore a hole in the fabric of reality itself, and it endangered the world with it. And I just came here for a rumored very destructive weapon owned by your family. The connection is just too coincidental for me to ignore. Now, being a curse that is attached to a bloodline and conjured at this very castle, you are going to be rooted here. And therefore, you are going to be the first barrier standing between this world and the destructive beings on the other side of the hole. You will perish, and your castle will be no more, but I can offer you this: I will make sure that the bloodline you are conjured here to protect lives on, as long as I live.”

 

“You have no place to offer me that, or anything for that matter.” The head responded with a hoarse voice: “I am here to safeguard the Hellinger bloodline, and I shall not be subjected to any demand. NONE SHALL COMMAND ME!”

 

With this head screaming out the last few words in extreme anger and hatred, Jianmen for a brief moment felt that his hold on the internal structures of the head was slightly shaken, which was somewhat odd because even though the new energy he gained was not able to bring him to his full power and potential, he still possessed the level of power that could rival some younger and less experienced full-fletched actual gods. And the spell he used was cast with some power that was only usable by the gods as well, and in normal circumstances, this kind of beings would not be able to even influence the spell, not to mention shake it. Similar things happened earlier while he was countering the attacks from this head - a very small trace of power seemed to have seeped into his broom and his meat cleaver, temporarily causing a little bit of damage to his weapons. He did not pay too much attention at the time and attributed it to his power still in recovery, but right this moment, it was pretty clear to him that it could be some other reason.

 

And while Jianmen’s thoughts went away for a briefest of moments, an energy vortex appeared higher up in the sky, and within it, a chaotic and unstable portal appeared. When Jianmen looked up, he saw a winged humanoid being, whose exterior was covered in a substance that looked like cracked coal burning in blue flame and had four dark blue eyes on his head. This being looked around and sent out its power of mind and will to scan the whole realm in which the Hellinger Castle resided, a completely rude and untoward behavior of someone of Jianmen’s level in his previous world.

 

“I an Durkahn Kaksar, Lord of Night Terror and Sleeplessness.” The being announced his entrance with a voice so loud, dreadful and obnoxious that the currently suppressed tear in reality showed little signs of unstability: “I’ve come here to collect the flesh, minds and souls of two humans who offered me their legacy and memory - ”

 

“Shut the fuck up!” Jianmen tossed the dark red liquid head onto the ground, making a huge crater in the process, and lunged at that being in the sky.

 

Durkahn Kaksar was obviously not expecting to encounter anyone or anything of similar levels of power when it came to this realm, and with Jianmen’s meat cleaver closing in, it conjured two ring blades with three curved spikes at the far end in the formation and shapes of a three-pronged claw and crossed them in front of its body to guard itself.

 

“Crack!” The two ring blades were made of some kind of heavy and hardened stone with a thin layer of bone as their internal skeletons, it was just a great horror and shock to Durkahn Kaksar that Jianmen found out about it this way - through the pieces of the blades flying through the sky.

 

Durkahn Kaksar tried to defend itself by using the two wings that were made of millions of tiny pieces of high density lints and crystals, but neither of them were fast enough to stop the head of a humble looking rattan broom from hitting its face.

 

As Durkahn Kaksar fell towards the ground, pieces of its exterior body, like debris from a falling meteor, broke off from it and scattered into the sky, burning and turning into ashes in the process.

 

“Who are you - ” Durkahn Kaksar stopped himself from falling before it reached the ground and tried to utter a question, but before it could finish the sentence, the sharp tip of the meat cleaver had already dug into its forehead, at the center of its four eyes, and merely hair widths of distance away from its energy core - its sole connection to its godhood, without which, this avatar of its would be no more and it would endure an unimaginable loss.

 

“Declaring your name at a rift of reality and abusing your influence as a god, someone didn’t pay attention during the godhood orientation.” Jianmen’s eyes glowed in warm but terrifying orange and golden light: “Name your business here, and LEAVE!”

 

“I - I came here for two humans that offered their legacy to me, and - and they broke their covenant with me.” Durkahn Kaksar answered as it tried to avoid the tip of the blade, which could instantly destroyed its avatar and possibly even itself if the wielder wanted to: “Lucias Vyn, Matthew Vyn, former members of a human family named Hellinger - they swore on True Words and to the Will, that their bloodline shall end with them, in exchange for knowledge and long life.”

 

“And how is that kind of covenant broken?”

 

“I don’t know - it was just - broken, almost without any kind of warning. It’s as if the Will loosened its grip - ”

3