Chapter 595
87 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The dark red and dark blue dome showed cracks on their surface as the dark orb continued to bounce around inside releasing traces of dark energy everywhere. Many of those who were stationed around the edges of the crater could easily see the glowing eyes and shining claws of the creatures released by the orb through the semi-transparent wall of the dome.

 

These dark creatures could serve as the evil enemy swarm in almost every video game or fiction novel in the world - they came in different shapes and sizes, some with asymmetric heads, some with multiple heads, some were headless, and had eyes on different parts of their bodies and limbs. 

 

The mages had set down various traps in some of the inner area of the crater and some around it and weapons aiming at the center of the crater. The warriors got into their formations and stations, with archers and shooters in the back and fighters with shields and scepters in front. If one was to look down from higher up, it would be a comically absurd sight to behold - weapons like rocket launchers, cannons and sci-fi looking ray guns with antennas aiming at the position of enemies, while at the same time fighters wielding cold weapons like swords, maces and scepters were standing beside these mixed weaponry along with fighters armed with guns, grenade launchers and other types of advanced tech modern weapons.

 

“So, the other guy is still waiting?” Tze Cha asked Jianmen, his tone full of despise and mockery: “What is he planning? Riding in on a white horse with the rising sun behind him?”

 

“They will come.” Jianmen sighed: “They just need to come from a realm that is further away and much more prone to the influences of the Defilers.”

 

The dome cracked up some more, while the fighters on the outskirts of the crater were finishing up their final preparations.

 

“Countdown, sixty seconds.” Jianmen announced to everyone, with his left hand raised, and a long energy spear made of some kind of dark metal in his palm. The head of the spear was made with a curved claw, and the body had a long, pulled out and winding horn-like decoration wrapped around the shaft.

 

“When this is done, you’d better show me the blueprint of this spear.” Tze Cha started releasing dark smoke around his body - his scales started glowing, his claws, his teeth and his horns were all coated with thin layers of energy.

 

“Okay, here we go.” Josephine Wong let out a long exhale.

 

“No worries, just like old times.” Glenda Grimes smiled and looked up: “Just didn’t expect the fucking dragon to be on our side though.”

 

“And for that I am extremely grateful.” Professor Dorothea Clarkson looked up and then down at the dome: “It’d be better if he had recruited more creatures back at Greenrock though.”

 

“But then, considering what we know now, looping more gods here with all their god aura that disrupts reality and order of the world might not be such a good idea.” Professor Barnes laughed as he checked his swords once again.

 

On the other side, the monks led by Nameless and the exorcists led by Pei were standing by the mages and witches in silk write Robes led by Lady Ryleen and the fighters and warriors armed with enchanted rifles, grenades and battle vehicles led by Bruj.

 

“Well, isn’t this nice.” Bruj chuckled: “Monks, exorcists and members of the Church of Lox, hope we rugged street rats don’t dishonor you.”

 

“There is no greater honor than just standing here.” Nameless gently bowed to Bruj and Lady Ryleen and said: “This monk is humbled to be alongside you as well.”

 

“Let’s go out for tea when this is over.” Pei smiled.

 

Just this moment, a giant jellyfish with several thick tentacles and hundreds of thousands if not millions of smaller tentacles appeared in the sky on the side of Jianmen. The human faces displaying negative emotions glowed and spun, and many fighters present felt that their worries, their fears, their stress were gracefully lightened, leaving more room in their heart for courage and will to fight.

 

“Countdown, five seconds.” Jianmen charged the spear with more and more of his Xuanli: “Five, four, three, two - ”

 

“One.”

 

The spear turned into a bolt of lightning consisting of black and orange and golden energy and struck the dome at its top. Energy threads descended from the top of the dome, and many parts of the wall of the dome retrieved sideways into the inner skeletons inside. The creatures from inside the dome immediately started rushing out, many of which running and flying into the thin and glowing skeletons and energy threads of the dome and getting sliced in pieces in the process.

 

Tze Cha opened his mouth and a pillar of dark flames shot from his mouth and throat and struck one horde of the creatures that flew out from the top of the energy cage that was once the dome, exploding in mid air and rained dark droplets of fire down on the creatures below.

 

“Boom boom boom!” Some traps laid on the inner areas of the crater exploded, and lights of different colors, red, green, blue, yellow and white, shot into the sky, sending the creatures into the sky in pieces.

 

Tens of shadows of long swords made of energy appeared in the formation of the exorcists led by Pei, and they shot up into the sky, stopped at a certain angle and then started shooting more shadows of the swords at the incoming Defilers.

 

The majority of the monks led by Nameless sat where they were and continued to chant the most powerful verses from their scriptures in unison, with several warrior monks guarding the front of their formation with Vajra Pestles and Staves in their hands. The chants produced waves and waves of golden light in the air, and any Defilers that came close to them were instantly smitten with bolts of golden lightning.

3