Chapter 599
80 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While the humans were enduring greater and greater loss, which led to their lines of defense retreating from the edge of the crater, more and more Defilers with the ability of flight rushed at the sky and tried to bypass the humans, Jianmen and Tze Cha and attempted to expand beyond this realm. Yet when they reached the outer edge, they were immediately pushed back by an invisible wall of energy, and were not able to proceed any further.

 

With a quick minute of observation, some of the mid tier Defilers found out that this energy wall around the realm was connected to the humans on the ground, and the two god level creatures fighting them in the air - if they were still alive and remained in this realm, this wall would be much harder to break through.

 

Thus, they circled back and started launching their attacks on their enemies - it’s the living, and the creatures of order, either killing more of them in here or out there, it was the same for them.

 

The opening of a portal and the influx of these special creatures made of energy forced a lot of these Defilers and others that were still coming through the orb to change their strategy again - unlike the humans, these creatures were more ferocious than humans and even most of the Defilers themselves, and they were in greater numbers than the humans.

 

“This is your army? ” Jianmen frowned and said: “You are bringing your scraps of creation and not the elite forces.”

 

“They will be here. But as you know, my children have a much harder time procreating and leaving legacies behind, therefore, measures have to be taken.” Xyn bowed to Jianmen as a signature of apology: “But be assured, they will come.”

 

“You and I will talk about this when this is over.” Looking at the hordes of creatures of the gaps filling the entire space, swarming even the Defilers, Jianmen shook his head and dived back down into the center of the battlefield.

 

Now that the ratio of numbers had reversed, the humans took the time to breathe and heal their wounded as they retreated back a little from their previous positions. The team of Josephine Wong, Professor Barnes, Professor Dorothea Clarkson and Glenda Grimes temporarily delegated their commanding position to another team and rushed towards one of the positions with the biggest number of casualties and in the most critical danger.

 

Josephine Wong’s blood stained gloves and the rings on her fingers glowed in different colors of light, and at the same time, energy bolts, energy spears and many other forms of ranged attack shot from her hands at the Defilers surrounding a group of almost isolated human soldiers. These energy bolts were not explosive but rather hardened and piercing, and they impaled a great number of Defilers on, leaving them severely damaged and vulnerable if not dead outright. But with each of these attacks, the artifacts used by her drained more and more of her power. As a wielder of Xen magic, battle was never her strong suit, but right now it was no occasion to fixate on specialties and hold back.

 

Professor Dorothea Clarkson and Glenda Grimes’ spells were much more explosive and aggressive, as they exploded and sprung out energy shrapnels and blades blasting and slicing up every enemy around their centers.

 

“Go! Fall back!” Professor Barnes slammed his great sword down and unleashed a crescent-shaped energy slash, cutting through around ten Defilers and relieving a small group of soldiers of the pressure.

 

“Ohm!” A loud humming and buzzing sound was released by a humanoid Defiler with around two adult human’s height, two long and slim arms wielding a long poleaxe, and a face with only a wide mouth and five eyes. Some kind of debilitating and panic-inspiring energy field was spread by this sound, and the group of soldiers were paralyzed for a brief moment, enough for this Defiler to slash half of them up into pieces with one swing of its poleaxe.

 

“Fuck you!” Professor Barnes struck forward with his left fist, a fiery energy fist shadow shot at this tall humanoid Defiler with five eyes. This Defiler turned around and held its poleaxe up in front of the energy fist shadow, and was only pushed back a few steps by it.

 

Glenda Grimes swung her green rapier in the air, and dozens of green energy blades and spinning stars were unleashed at this Defiler in a volley. This Defiler unleashed another “Ohm” howl and charged at Professor Dorothea Clarkson and Glenda Grimes. The soundwave did not cause Josephine Wong’s team much distress or disturbance, but it weakened the integrity of the energy blades shooting at it, so much so that most of the energy blades just bounced right off from its skin and shell, and the rest just stuck on his body like they were piercings or decorations.

 

Professor Dorothea Clarkson thrust her hands forward and conjured two spinning energy saw blades in low air. The humanoid Defiler crashed into them, broke through and continued its charge, ignoring the saw blades that made much more than halfway through both of its tall slim legs.

 

“Ohm!” This Defiler howled once again, but this time a thick purple concave energy mirror appeared right in front of its face. The soundwave cracked the energy mirror into pieces, but a lot of it was reflected back at the Defiler, and the destructive and disturbing force was just as effective against others as against itself. The next moment, dark blue and green blood gushed out of this Defiler’s five eye sockets and mouth and it was forced to stop the charge and took a step back.

 

“Clank!” Professor Barnes’ greatsword was swung down at this humanoid Defiler’s head, and though it raised its poleaxe at the last minute it could not stop the heavy edge from digging into its thick and slightly elastic skull.

 

“Dumpf!” Before this humanoid Defiler could raise its weapon again, Professor Barnes kicked it in the chest with all of his might, sending it flying back into the crater and making it hit one of the small black holes with its back. After some brittle crunching sounds, its upper body was consumed and crushed by it.

 

“Why is he holding back?” Professor Dorothea Clarkson looked up at Jianmen, panting heavily like she just ran a marathon, and asked.

 

“It’s not time for him to unleash his power yet.” Josephine Wong shook her head: “This is our battle.”

 

Small traces of shimmering energy arose from the legs of this humanoid Defiler and went into the thin exterior of the dark orb. The exit just got tighter and harder to pass through, for a small and barely intelligible degree.

3