Chapter 606
100 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Motherfucker - again?!” Jason cursed then looked at Caroline: “Be careful, it should still possess some of the abilities of that fallen god, and it seems to have gained powers from this body.”

 

“How did you beat it last time?” Caroline asked.

 

“We just beat it - it was not that strong when it was inside the perp’s body.” Jason activated his True Sight Spell and started observing the energy signature of this four-winged bat creature’s body and aura, attempting to find any potential weaknesses they could exploit.

 

“It’s parasitizing a body that’s not its own, so there must be some kind of incompatibility between them that can be resolved in this short amount of time.” Laura thought for a quick moment and said to both Jason and Caroline: “And we just need to force it to use all aspects of its power and it will surely expose these incompatibilities.”

 

“Go.” Jason nodded, then his body glowed in silver, and his body split into seven, each looking identical and were lunging at the bat creature at the same time from different angles.

 

Caroline’s shield and battle axe lit up in blinding flames, her three “lanterns” on the top of her head and her shoulders also burning hot and bright, her body turned into a stream of fire and shot at the bat creature. “Thomas, Aimee, be careful.”

 

Caroline and Jason’s attacks were much fiercer than anything that the others in this hall had seen before, including Laura, Aimee and Thomas. The clashes of fire, wind, metal and earth Xuanli cracked up the walls and ceilings of this entire hall, and even Laura felt that it would be prudent of her to stay back for the moment.

 

“Target these zombie lycans.” Laura looked around, then said to Thomas and Aimee: “They could give us information on this ‘Night Lord’ and its body.”

 

“On it.” Aimee swung her two scimitars and charged at two zombified lycans that were ganging up on an injured and isolated female lycan, who was at the brink of defeat and possibly death.

 

The zombified lycans were in overall smaller numbers at first, but just like their zombified state suggested, they seemed to possess some kind of power to spread the curse or disease, though the mechanism was somewhat different - it seemed to take greater effort from the zombified lycans to actually “convert” the other lycans into zombies. One of the turned lycans was held by two zombified lycans with their teeth and claws for more than half a minute before she was turned. And apparently the lycans had noticed this as well, so under the command of Zack Dooms, they shrunk their formation to provide more coverage for their teammates instead of fighting alone like they were doing.

 

This of course ended up leaving some lycans who were too far away from the formation center out and facing more zombified lycans alone. And indirectly, this provided a chance to Laura, Aimee and Thomas to aid these lycans in need and launch their attacks at more dispersed zombified lycans.

 

With the wave of a hand, Laura unleashed a flurry of energy bolts at the other zombified lycans coming to surround the isolated female lycan, who were neither aware of nor ready for this kind of ambush, and were instantly blasted to pieces.

 

A zombified lycan with long hair on his back turned around and tried to scratch Aimee after taking a scimitar attack at his left shoulder and losing his left arm. But his right arm was met with the blade of another scimitar and was chopped cleanly off from the elbow, then with a kick in the abdomen, this zombified lycan was thrown to a corner of the hall like a rag doll.

 

Thomas opened fire at another zombified lycan at point blank range. His special-issued shotgun proved overpowered when it came to shooting normal lycan bodies with fully charged pellets, as it only took one shot to tear up this zombified lycan’s body almost completely from the back.

 

Other zombified lycans screeched and chittered, then some of them redirected their attention at Thomas and Aimee and charged at them from different directions. Laura immediately conjured up a few energy barriers to prevent them from being surrounded, and the next moment she used a restraining spell on an injured zombified lycan to keep him on the ground, removing him from the fight but still making sure he was alive.

 

On Jason and Caroline’s side of the room, the four-winged bat creature stood on its two hind legs and protruding bone tail like a bipedal monster, and it was blocking the attacks from the two humans while dishing out its own attacks using its four wings like they were its four arms. In the process, its hind legs kept on growing stronger and longer, its torso gradually became longer and slimmer, and its front two wings gradually retracted the wing membranes and became thicker like actual front legs of beasts instead of just wings of bats.

 

While Jason was unleashing thousands of silver energy spears in cooperation with Caroline to keep up the pressure, one of his silver energy shadows was able to sneak behind the bat creature and unleashed a full force jab at its left wing. The tip of the shadow pen-spear pierced through the energy wall and the wing. The bat creature screamed in frustration and pain, then it whipped its still growing tail at this shadow and dispersed it into tiny silver energy particles, but not before the shadow left a puncture hole on its back.

 

The next moment, a Caroline whose entire body seemed to be engulfed in bright and fierce flames leapt into the air with her battle axe held high. When the battle axe was swung down, the air around her seemed to have caught on fire and its sheer speed created a series of sonic booms.

 

The four-winged bat creature crossed its forearms in the air, preparing to guard itself from the hit - but at almost the last moment, it noticed that the contour of this Caroline’s face and body seemed to have a very discreet silver glimmer.

 


Hi Dear readers:

 

Life has been quite busy for the past few weeks, so there will be no uploads tomorrow. See you next Tuesday!

 

Egao Chan

4