Chapter 625
72 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“We can take over, if the issue at hand is the need for order.” Just this moment, a woman in a blood soaked silk robe came forward: “The Church of Lox is willing to help. The tenets of Lox can help restore order. We just need some time.”

 

“And your help will be deeply appreciated.” Professor Dorothea Clarkson nodded, then looked at Josephine Wong, who had her eyes fixated on the position of the now microscopic dark orb: “What do you say, Josephine? You’re the liaison who led this battle, it’s your call.”

 

“Esteemed Xyn, Tze Cha. I, on behalf of humans, am grateful for your assistance in this battle. And I am sure, the one that made the deal with you would have expressed the same sentiment if he was here.” Josephine Wong took a few seconds to collect herself, then she said: “But - this is clearly something we humans need to handle for ourselves - this realm once belonged to a human family, and it would take us time and effort to figure out a proper plan to deal with it.”

 

“Make no mistake, I am no righteous Dragon, but I do value honor and valor, which you’ve shown plenty during the fight. But in the name of all that is delicious, I hate politics.” Tze Cha sneered and started slowly floating away: “My offer was there just out of respect, so, find me if you change your mind. Josephine Wong, I trust that you know full well what my price is.”

 

“I have lived a long life, so though I lived a lot of it in isolation due to my fall, I still know of the tenets and the church of Lox. ” Xyn let out a long sigh and said: “Then I trust that your situation will be handled. The Elemental Lords will be in contact with your ambassadors, and we will keep an eye out for the happenings of this realm. Should the tear be opened again, or it showed any signs of anything else coming through it. Be well, humans, for I foresee that your kind and my children will see more of each other in their future.”

 

When Tze Cha left, he brought almost half of the remains of the Defilers with him - after the battle, all of those that remained finally had the chance to take a look at the entire battlefield. Different from the humans or elementals, when the Defilers died, their bodies seemed to become ashes and broken shards and debris like that of broken glass statues. Though dead, the bodies of Defilers still gave off a fear and depression inspiring aura and small traces of pungent smell.

 

The mages of the Church of Lox, led by Lady Ryleen from the Security Council of the Division, gathered around the position of the dark orb and started chanting a spell in unison, which created a transparent multi-faceted crystal of energy to contain the dark orb.

 

The rest of the humans, now assured that the realm was safe, started calling in reinforcements and support to help them collect the bodies of those that fell beside them. Their names became embedded, branded in their minds, and became almost completely unforgettable.

 

“Josephine? What - what are you doing?” Professor Barnes tried to pull the body of a human soldier from under a piece of rock when he saw that Josephine Wong seemed to have wandered into the crater to the position of the mages of the Church of Lox.

 

“I - I need a minute, please, as you were.” Josephine Wong said with a slightly trembling tone.

 

“Ms. Wong.” Lady Ryleen signaled by hand to ask a fellow mage to take over her position, then walked up to Josephine Wong: “Thank you.”

 

“Have - have you seen anyone, or anything appeared somewhere around here?” Josephine Wong wiped her eyes and asked.

 

“No - I’m sorry.” Lady Ryleen shook her head: “We haven’t seen him.”

 

“So you remember him now?”

 

“Yes, the memory came back just a few minutes ago.” Lady Ryleen nodded: “I think that has something to do with him, right? Otherwise the names would just be lost - well, to be captured by somebody else.”

 

“Yes. It’s got to be him.”

 

“So, it would make sense that he won, and it would just be a matter of time before he comes back.” Lady Ryleen patted Josephine Wong on the shoulder: “So, I am pretty sure, he will come back. He just needs time.”

 

“Yes, I suppose so.” Josephine Wong sat down on the ground and looked up at the sky: “I suppose so.”

 

Just this moment, a young Division agent, in a clean and unspoiled suit ran over to Josephine Wong’s side: “Liaison Wong! Liaison Wong! There’s something you’ve gotta see!”

 

“What is it?” Josephine Wong let out a long sigh and asked.

 

“Agent Hall and Agent Beckman, they requested a backup just not long ago, and we’re receiving reports of a large-scale incident at a residential area, right at the place they requested backup for.” This Division Agent said.

 

Josephine Wong wiped the corners of her eyes with her torn sleeves and stood up: “I’m on it. Who else was there?” 

 

“Your students, and Miss. Caroline Baker and Mr. Jason Lin, and a young lady named Laura.”

 

“I’ll be right there, and contact Blue.” Josephine Wong said: “Tell him the battle is over, and his team should proceed with all deployments of all disaster recovery strategies. ”

2