Vol. 2 – Chapter 17
2.9k 14 72
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

***(Graeval's POV)***

“Erguth?! Rislia?! What are you doing here?!!" Liliht asked surprised

And yeah... so I got it right that they're ex-subordinates of yours. The two demons were still kneeling in front of us and didn't seem to want to get up in any way. They were twins because of similar features, but while one of them was a man with horns and short black hair, the other was a girl with purple bob hair with what looks like horns in the shape of bat wings.

Until Lilith mentioned them, they did not move but later the demon woman began to speak

“We have come to bring you back, my lady. We need your return."

"My return?" Lilith asked surprised

"Yes, my lady." began the male demon "The council has managed to save the kingdom somehow, and now that we had confirmation that you're still alive-"

"Before continuing..." she interrupted him "I think it's better to talk in a more secluded place?" she finished turning her gaze to me.

Sometimes, Lilith and I don't need words to understand what we're thinking. In this case, she wanted to take them to our house which was certainly a rather private place. I have nothing against it in this regard

“My lady is right. I'll take care of it immediately."

Huh? What does he mean? The demon immediately ran towards me with the sword in hand and with obvious murderous intent. I was ready to receive him and of course, I would have only disarmed him, but my wife stood in front of me and she took care of stripping and pushing him away. The two were surprised by the action of their (ex) Queen. At that moment Lilith began to emanate her murderous thirst

"Hey..." I saw the two shake in front of my wife who was scary at that moment "what were you trying to do to MY hus-ba-nd?"

Lilith was smiling but her words were far from joyful and by the time she spoke the last words, her murderous aura had reached a level that could be palpable. The two demons were on their knees embracing each other, trembling and crying with terror.

This yandere side of her... she's really lovely... She'll be scary at times, but my wife is too cute even when she's angry. I love her too much.

***(Lilith's POV)***

I will kill you and make sure that no ashes remain out of you. Attempting my beloved husband's life... sure you have some guts.

I was furious. That meeting that could have continued to be enjoyable took a terrible turn when Erguth Akiya attempted to charge Graeval head-on. Maybe I saved his buttocks, but I'm sure I'm going to destroy it now.

"I think that's enough honey." Kyun! "They'll faint soon if you don't calm down." Graeval said hugging me from behind.

"But these fools-" I began turning to him

“They were probably worried about you. Let it go for this time."

His words were practically honey. Sweet nectar that has made me addicted and when he speaks to me that way, I can hardly go against him. It has always been like this, when I get angry he gets in the way and always manages to calm me down. He's always been unfair... but I love this way of his.

“Mou! Okay, I'll let it go for this time." I exclaimed puffing up my cheeks then turned to the Akiya siblings "Thank my husband if I don't slice your ass right away."

""W-we are sorry!!!""

"Lilith..." he called me making me turn around "Your words are still too sharp" concluded and then kissed me.

I felt like my face was on fire. He kissed me many times and like every time, feeling his lips leaning against mine, while our tongues embrace is a beautiful feeling that makes my heart beat faster. But doing it in front of them, I felt embarrassment growing to astronomical levels. Surprised I broke away

"W-w-why are you kissing me so suddenly?!"

"Because I had to punish this beautiful sharp mouth." he stated placing his index finger on my lips. Now my embarrassment was sky high

"Mou... stupid."

His smile was magnetic and full of love. Looking away from him so as not to fall into temptation, I noticed that the Akiya siblings were looking at us with wide eyes in amazement. Almost as if my previous behavior was a lie and that they couldn't believe our relationship.

"Even though my husband asked me to let it go, I'll remember this."

"Y-yes my lady... but..."

"What Rislia?"

"I think I heard wrong but......... he is..."

"Graeval. My husband." I said holding him close to me

"Nice to meet you."

""HUUUUUUUUUUUUUH?!!!""

***(Rislia's POV)***

A human...... my lady Lilith Stilno married a human......... the Queen of the Demons admired by all married an enemy............ I DO NOT ACCEPT IT!!! I screamed inside as I watched my mistress flirt with the man she claims to be her husband.

My lady and this guy took us to a house on the outskirts of the village and encouraged us to sit down by claiming it was their home. It was small and bare, with the bare minimum to live on. At the very thought of my lady living in such a shack with a human, I feel my blood boiling.

Seated at the table, the guy went to what must have been the kitchen and prepared an infusion of chamomile and sweets, while she was sitting in front of us, looking at us with a smile on her lips... but her eyes were not smiling at all. She probably sensed our hostility towards her husband... thus creating a heavy and relatively tense silence despite the human being humming as he made the infusion.

"Here you go."

In cups made of earthenware, the man poured the chamomile tea he had created and in the center of the table placed what appeared to be shortcrust pastry biscuits with a center that could be red or green or neither.

Without hesitation, my lady took one of those pastries and ate it, turning her serious expression into that of one full of happiness.

"I love your cookies Graeval~" she said happily as she took the cup and took a sip

"I'm glad of it." he answered sitting down beside her

How dare you sit next to her, you lousy being! Die in thousands- my thought was interrupted as soon as I perceived my lady's gaze. Look that sent a shiver up my spine.

"So..." she began taking another sip "you said you came here to bring me back, right?"

"We want to take you home, my lady." I said confidently "We need you to go back to being our guide!"

"I do not think so."

"My lady?" my brother asked puzzled

“It took you 3 years to track me down. And in all this time I don't think there have been any rumors about the collapse of the nation."

“The few councilors who were saved somehow managed to restore order. But the demons lack a true leader. We miss you!"

“In this case…” she began taking another sip “elect another ruler. I am no longer suitable for that position and I don't even want to resettle on the throne."

"How can you say that?!" I asked amazed and in total panic “All the demons know that you are still alive. The news of your discovery is public domain and it was a day of celebration for everyone!"

"Ara. I'm happy about it, but I can't and don't want to go back."

"Why?!"

"How why?" she asked tilting her head. “I am married, I run a restaurant with my beloved husband and I would like to create a loving family with him. I don't need any other reasons to stay here."

The statement left us petrified. My brother and I both had our mouths open and couldn't process the information. Or rather, we didn't want to accept them. Is it all this human's fault?! How did this worm allow himself to brainwash my lady!! Now I'll kill him!!! I'll kill him even if I get killed by Lady Lilith!!!!

"Calm down Rislia." Erguth said putting a hand on my shoulder. “My lady. Please help us understand. Why do you want to leave behind your beloved subjects for this... man?"

"I appreciate your effort for not insulting him." Lady Lilith began touching her cheek "In short, it is thanks to him that I am still alive..."

With that premise, our lady began to tell us what happened in these 3 years. She told us about the hospitality and care with which he took care of her, how they got to know each other better, how and why she fell in love, and how she made him feel the pleasure of having a normal life... a life as a commoner. Her story was full of passion and every word sparkled with joy and nostalgia. The more she talked, the more her expressions changed: happiness, embarrassment, nostalgia, annoyance... All the time I was at her service....... I never saw my lady make all these expressions. Always serious... always composed... seeing her show all those emotions was something I had never expected.

"*Yahm* sleepy." Lady Lilith said, rubbing her eyes

“You had a busy day today. Go to bed, I'll take care of the rest."

"Thanks, dear." she thanked getting up and then turned to us. “I hope this explains why I can't and above all, I don't want to return. However, it was a pleasure to see you again. Good night~ "

Saying goodbye, she kissed the worm's forehead and then went to the bed where she pulled a curtain. While we heard the rustle of the fabric behind that curtain, our attention turned to the abject being before our eyes.

"It's useless that you look at me like that." said the scoundrel with a sarcastic smile "You've heard the story too and I can't help but confirm it."

"Even if I don't want to admit it..." my brother began "it's the first time I've seen my lady so happy."

There was another moment of pause and silence fell. Erguth sighed heavily, ate a biscuit, and drank the herbal tea in one gulp. Then he got up and walked to the exit

“Tonight we can't do anything else Rislia. Let's go back."

"I'm not leaving here until our lady comes home with us."

"This is no time to be stubborn." he said taking me by the collar and dragging me towards the exit.

"You can come back when you want... but next time, avoid the stalking please."

"All right and... thank you."

"I don't accept it." I started staring at the worm in front of my eyes "I will never accept that my lady has fallen in love with an insect."

“Hey! Now is not the time!"

"He can't protect her!" I said angrily looking at Erguth and then turning back to the human "Only we are capable of it."

"With all due respect and no offense, I saw how you protected her 3 years ago..."

"Repeat it, ugly-"

"Rislia!" Erguth called me back and then turned to the human “We know well that at that moment we failed. So I'm grateful to you for rescuing Lady Lilith."

"Glad you appreciate it at least." stated the human

After saying goodbye, the worm returned to the house and I was dragged away by my brother.

I couldn't understand Erguth at the time. How can he thank the man who brainwashed our lady? How can he accept that a human is at the side of the Demon Queen?! I do not understand! Those beings started a war with us and many of our comrades died in that senseless conflict. Erguth lost his wife and son in that war... I lost my grandson in that war. I will never accept it. All mankind will have to pay!

I'm furious now. I cannot allow my lady to stay a minute longer with this animal excrement and live in such a shack. Her place is together with her fellow men and women! Together with us! We will bring her home and she will guide us into a new era! I'll kill that bastard, even if that's the last thing I do!!

72