9 – Village 5
1.1k 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You… okay?”

“I feel a bit… dizzy.” Anne says, and she sits on the bed, and clearly intentionally, leans on my arms. "And a bit..."

She looks at me with those bright eyes of hers, a look of sleepiness.

“Ummmm.” She’s still in her dress, but when she is leaning on my arm , staring at me like that, I do not know what to say.

Anne is exaggerating the effects of the berries!

  • Option 1 - Take advantage of her (Will not be able to progress beyond 50% affection)
  • Option 2 - Do not take advantage and put her to sleep (+10% affection)

Ah. It is a trap! Thank you, system! I guessed its not so fast for things to progress to that level, even if the opportunity does present itself I smile, and help her to her bed.

And I pat her head lightly. “If you are dizzy, get some rest.”

She leans, gets in bed, and I cover her body in the blanket provided by the guesthouse.

“I don’t feel anything from the berries, though. Maybe it works differently for others.”

This time I am the one sitting on her bed.

“Good night, Anne.” I lean in and pat her head gently, again, and then return back to my bed. I then look at my status, as I now have 2 skillpoints available.

Skill Menu (After spending skillpoints)

(+) indicates can be upgraded.

  • Level 3 Prince (+)
    • Level 1 - Eye of affection
    • Level 3 - Crafter of gifts (+)
    • Level 1 - The power of love (+)
  • Level 1 Healer (+)
    • Level 1 - Heal (+)
    • New skill - Level 1 Remove status effects

I decide to spend my 2 skillpoints on levelling up my Prince job and crafter of gifts.

And once that is done, I close my eyes and go to sleep.

The next day, we decide to move to the next village, and Adam walks next to me. The affection indicator reads 30% now, after multiple beers that we have together.

“How’s things with you and your family?”

“Momma’s good. She’s still working, but pa’s knee hurts, I think his old

age is causing his knee to be weak, so he tries not to walk too much. A pity healing magic can’t undo the effects of aging.”

“Ah… but he is healthy?”

“Yeah, he’s fine. Occasionally needs a herb or two to help with the pain, but other than that he is fine.”

“That’s good to hear.”

“Yea. Pa taught me swordfighting, yknow. If he’s at his peak, he’d still beat me.”

“Ooh. He must be rather amazing then.”

I glance at Anne’s tooltip. 67%. Good. If I am not wrong, there should be another trigger at 70%, or maybe 80%? Or is this like those cheapo games where its only 40% and 100%.

“Yeah. He is. I wish I could watch him fight at his best again. The image of him, is still one I am chasing…”

I tap Adam on the back. “Ahh. That’s life. Cherish the moment when you have it. You can’t have it back.”

“Yeah… Say, Prince Carlos… how's things between you and Anne?”

“Huh?”

“She looks really happy when we started our journey today. She had a huge smile when she was organising the documents.”

Well, the head pat is super effective?

“That’s good.”

“You kissed her yet?”

“Huh. No.”

“You should. Take her first kiss.”

“Uh…” I think it's kinda strange I am getting dating advice from a man that is obsessed with sword fighting and does not have his own girlfriend. “Thanks for the advice.”

“The men are all rooting for ya. Anne would make a great lady.”

“Uh…”

“Or are you the type that wants a lot of women?”

“Yea.” I rub my head. “I was not thinking of being monogamous…” I mean, come on, I get a second chance in another world and I am gonna just accept one wife? In a world where royalty often has a harem? Naw! I am gonna get a harem!

Adam laughs, and then places his hand over my shoulder. “A long time ago, when Anne was still working for the mayor, I asked whether Anne is willing to share her husband, with other women.”

“Oh.” This is entirely relevant to my interests.

“Guess what she said?”

“No?”

“She said, ‘If I ever marry a royal, I think its normal if they have multiple wives. There are many political, and practical reasons. A man who would be king or lord would want many strong offsprings, with women of different magical, or physical attributes, and it would be selfish of me to deny my husband that right.’”

Whooooooahhhhhhhh.

She’s okay with harem! Great!!!! But I do have to ask her first, right? Second hand information is always not as reliable.

18