27 – Loom 2
762 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

27 - Loom II - Training Arcs

4 weeks left

Training went on as planned, and every day we work to refine the combat ‘sense’ of the team. It’s tough, but when those moments where it just works, everyone feels good.

“How’re you doing?” I sit next to Lani, she’s exhausted after the exercise, but smiling. I think she’s gradually enjoying this. I see her smiling and being better friends with Sara, and that makes me happy.

“I’m okay. I think I’m okay.” Lani nods, and Sara then comes over to sit next to her.

“I think we’re both starting to work a bit better together.” Sara adds, “If we can coordinate our shots…”

Lani nods.

“I’m happy for both of you.” I smile at both of them, and they both smile back. “It’ll pay off.”

Lani nods. “I think I will, I’m gained a level.”

“That’s good.”

Sara tugs at Lani’s arm, and praises her too. “You’ll be awesome, don’t worry.” The two girls share a playful laugh, and Lani ribs her gently.

“Not in front of the prince…” And Sara laughs, and pokes Lani back, her body no longer as skinny as before. Lani’s figure and body is now back to normal,, and that’s good, because she needs a healthy body to perform at her best. Whatever we’re facing, we can’t go face it with a handicap. Of course, she’s now a lot prettier as well.

I mean, that’s a trope isn’t it? Malnourished lady that’s gorgeous when actually fed?

“Want to go for dinner?” I ask the two ladies, and they both nod.

Sara claps her hand, “Ooo.. prince’s treat?”

I nod. “Of course.” I’m a prince, I can’t go dutch, even if I want to. What would people say if a prince doesn’t pay for the lady he’s eating with? I mean, I’m all for going dutch, but I’m a prince, and rules are just way way more different for a prince. Ancient, weird rules of chivalry applies.

So I bring them to one of the smaller eateries in Loom, a small establishment, not exactly romantic, but we’re seated outside, alfresco, under the stars. Mainly because the actual building is used for the kitchen and the storage of foods.

One of the things I like about this restaurant, is the choice of food. It has beer like all other places, but at the same time, they also have a lot of vegetables on the menu. I picked this, because Sara’s at 39%, so I’m hoping to push her over the barrier to hit 40%.

So I stare at the menu carefully, and spot something.

[Blended lychee juice, Green, +3% affection]

Ah.

And there’s [Chef’s specialty - lightly roasted quarter chicken, with corn cob and mashed potatoes, all colors, +1% affection].

That’s good, so I order the lychee juice for Sara, beer for Lani (she’s yellow) and myself, and the lightly roasted quarter chicken for all 3 of us.

“You seem to know what we girls like.” Sara leans in, and teases. “Is it a talent all princes have to seduce young innocent maidens?”

I chuckle, “Close. If I say it’s a skill, does that scare you?”

Sara shakes her head, and somehow she blushes a little. “I’d be relieved.”

Lani nods. “I think it’s fine. That’s how love is in our world anyway… if it’s not money, it’d be skills.” Woooo, very sharp observation there, Lani. What did you go through in your past, eh?

Oh, the drinks come. I smile and nod at the waitress, and she smiles back at me. Oh. She’s a rank 3 waitress? Oh, she’s new.

“So, why’d you be relieved? It’s not creepy that I’m using a skill?”

“Everyone uses skills. It’s part of life.” Sara nods. “I feel relieved because at least I know why it’s happening…”

Huh. Strange. Transparency has this sort of effect, eh.

I raise my mug of beer, and have a small tiny toast with the girls. No big movements like with the guys.

They smile, and Lani nods. “I’m really lucky.”

Sara smiles and pat her on the back, “Yes you are. If the Prince didn’t spot you, you’d be dead. But that’s how the coincidences of fate work, they say. The grand spirit of fate weaves a path for everyone, and it is not yet time for you to die.”

“I’m desperate and hungry. I’ve not gotten the chance to properly thank you.” Lani stands, and bows to me. “Thank you, Prince Carlos, for saving me. This… team, it’s really given me a new meaning in my life.”

I nod, “You’re welcome, Lani. I hope to have you at our side when we face the demons.”

There’s a short moment of silence, then Sara smiles.

“Alright alright. Too serious. Let’s talk about something else… Prince, are you engaged to anyone in the capitol?”

I pause at the question, and grin. “Why’d you want to know?”

“I mean… would Anne be your wife? Does the Queen need to be royalty as well?”

Oooo… touchy. “Two questions, maybe, and no. The queen need not be royalty. The queens of the past have been yes, a mix of royalty, but also highly capable mages, warriors, and figures in their own right. The King would often choose from his… harem, the lady who would be the lead.”

Sara nods. “Oooooo… would you want a harem?”

I smile. I didn’t want to answer that, but both the girls get what I wanted to say.

Sara grins sheepishly, “Well, do you have any criteria?”

Ooo. Another tough question. Do ladies all like to ask tough questions? “Currently, no. I depends on how much I like the girl, I guess?”

Sara leans in, “Would I qualify?” I don’t think she’s drunk, since her lychee doesn’t have alcohol in in.

So I think she’s trying to be cheeky, therefore, I play along. I lean in on the table, “Sure. You’re interested?”

Lani looks lost, but I think she knows what is going on. She just has that look on her face, a practiced fake obliviousness. And she’s not trying to stop Sara.

Sara’s a bit taken aback by my question, and she blushes. I think that’s a yes. Well, given that the system works like this, it’s going to be a yes. But I probably shouldn’t push too hard.

I smile, “Well, don’t worry, think about it slowly. The spot’s always open, for both of you.”

Lani seems shocked that the conversation suddenly drags her in, and she quickly shakes her head, blushing. “Ah.. erm.. Ah…”

I decide to just let it stew a bit, and conveniently, the waitress came again with our food. I think it’s a skill too, that the timing is usually just nice.

“Well, let’s eat!” I grab my utensils and start eating, as if that earlier conversation didn’t happen.

[Flirting was successful]

[Both girls affection +5%]

17