Chapter 19: Getting Nutrients
2.9k 5 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement

Uwu? What's this? A new chapter of Dark Elf Village?

Hope you enjoy!

About five days have passed since Yasil began his work as Lucy's caretaker; milking her nectar everyday with everything he's got.

Since then, the boy has been living in luxury with the dryad. Her sweet delicacy made out of the nectar he'd milked were the greatest reward he's ever had as food.

But even so, sweets aren't enough to fill his stomach.

Out in the forest, Yasil is on the hunt alone, searching for meat as there is none at Lucy's place. On the other hand, a lot of herbs and vegatation can be found at her home, so looking for those won't be necessary.

Following the tracks of an animal he had found, Yasil jumped from tree to tree, keeping a lookout for his target from the high ground.

After a while, he'd found it: A horn rabbit's den.

The problem is now... how will he hunt one down?

Yasil jumped down from the trees and began looking around the area nearby, searching for a certain plant that will help lure out the rabbits.

Knowing that the plants are typically found in the area he's at, Yasil kept an eye out for it.

"What are you looking for?"

"A specific plant that produces... Huh?" Yasil turned around, surprised to see Lucy appearing behind him.

"A specific plant that produces... what, cutie?" Lucy asked, amused by the boy's shocked facial expression.

Yasil quickly regained his composure. He looked away from Lucy and back to keeping an eye out for the plant without questioning why or how the person he's taking care of is here.

"I'm looking for the Quraqio Flower." he answers Lucy's question. "The plant produces a sweet scent which can attract the horn rabbits out of its den." he explained, scouring around the bushes and trees for it.

"I see. I see." said Lucy, following behind him. "In that case, it's right over there." she pointed, prompting Yasil to look at the area and immediately find the plant he was searching for.

"How did you know it was here?" he asked in genuine curiosity, seeing that not once did she even look at that area to know before informing him.

Amused by the boy's reaction once again, Lucy made a small giggle.

"Ara ara~ Why of course I would know, cutie. My being is connected with this entire forest. Meaning I can see everything within the forest. The animals that resides here. The plants that grow all over the forest. The Dark Elves and their village. Even you, cutie."

"Even if you're not looking at me right now?"

"That's right. Incidentally, I can freely transport myself to anywhere within the forest. Which is how I was able to surprise you from behind earlier."

"Oh... I see."

To be able to see all in the forest, and to be able to transport herself to anywhere within said forest. Yasil is beginning to understand how Lucy became known as the Protector of the Forest by the Dark Elves.

What's more, despite her appearance and demeanor, Yasil could sense that Lucy is someone that shouldn't be underestimated. Whether it be in battle, or in some... "other areas."

Nonetheless, now that he has the flower, Yasil returned to the horn rabbit's den with Lucy and began preparing the lure.

A few dozen minutes later, a horn rabbit came out of its hole.

"There it is. You going to shoot it now?" Lucy asked Yasil, atop of the tree next to him.

"Not yet." the boy said however, still observing his prey's movement.

Then after a while, another horn rabbit came out. Then another one.

At that moment, three horn rabbits are out of their home. While there are most likely more in the den, having three lured out was enough for Yasil. And so, holding three arrows in one hand, he drew the string of bow and steady his aim.

A deep breath in later, he released the trigger and let the arrows fly.

Two have hit their targets, but one missed. The lucky rabbit that survived quickly ran back into its den, leaving the other two to die if they had not already been killed upon impact.

"Two, huh? That's enough for myself, I guess." Yasil muttered, as he then hear Lucy clapping.

"Congratulations. Now you get to eat some meat." she said, smiling happily at his accomplishment.

"Uh... thank you." Yasil said and jumped down to get his prize.

Lucy followed him, transporting herself from the tall tree to the ground in an instant as Yasil pulled out the dagger that Meidla had gifted to him, where he intends to use it for skinning the rabbits' corpses.

And thus, Yasil's hunt was done, for he has acquired the target objective: meat, for his nutritious meal today as there were none at Lucy's home whom had no need for such things other than sunlight.

"Ok so... I guess we can return now. I'll see you back at your home then?" Yasil asked, wondering if Lucy would go on ahead first since she could just transport herself there.

However, Lucy has other ideas.

"No need." she said, extending a hand out. "We can just return home together." she added, egging Yasil to take her hand.

Yasil was clueless as to what she meant. But seeing her eagerness for him to take her hand, Yasil extended out his and was immediately pulled in by Lucy who grabbed him. Plunging his face into her chest where the boy then noticed something about them.

"Did they get bigger?" he questioned in his thoughts.

"Stay still, cutie. We will be there in an instant." Lucy said, wrapping him and herself in enormous larges, before immediately unwrapping them right after. Only for the boy to see that they are already back at the Dryad's home.

Yasil was amazed and stunned at the same time, as even with magic, it would take some time before one reaches from one place to the other. Just as with the teleportation circle he had used with the Village Chief to arrive here on the first day.

"Surprised? My transportation speed is really fast, you know. I can get us to anywhere in the forest before you could even blink once." Lucy said proudly, puffing her chest out as Yasil's stomach suddenly began to growl.

"Oh my, looks like someone's hungry already."

"Yeah... It is kind of lunchtime now, isn't it?"

"Yes, that is true. You have been out hunting for a while now, so I had to go and fetch you."

"Fetch... me?"

"Oh? Did you forget already, cutie? You're supposed to extract my nectar three times a day and you have only extracted it once today. My breast are swollen waiting for you to squeeze them dry now. So come, let us head inside so that you can do your job. And while you're at it, I would like to get some "nutrients" from you. Fufu~ I find those seeds of yours very potent for my nutritious diet."

"...R-Right. Let's go then."

"After you, cutie~"

What nutrients could she be talking about, hmmmmm?

Thanks for reading. 🍫

Never expected this one to return now, did you?

46