Idle Talk – Camilla(1)
3.8k 12 113
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scary...Arthur Zemira is scary.

Though from a fallen one...I too am one of the royalty. I escaped from my kingdom and took cover in Zemira Empire. And with experience, I can wholeheartedly say that the Crown Prince of Zemira Empire is scary.

Despair is completely visible in Augustus’s face. It is understandable though, before I met with Arthur, Augustus was boosting my confidence by saying,

“Don’t worry, Camilla. Though he will be angry at first, I am sure that he will accept you.”

“But, Augustus, this is too soon. We should give him some more time.”

Despite my protest, he somehow convinced me to meet Arthur. But that’s where things went wrong.

I am glad that Arthur was mature enough to not take out his anger at the children. William, though he is pure, he lacks the maturity. And Diana is nothing but a child.

He was tolerant towards the kids but the moment they left the air around Arthur changed. He was imposing.

Him smashing the table to cut off Augustus was something that no one would dare to do against a Emperor.

The Butler tried to calm Arthur down by advising him, but all he managed to do was add oil to fire.

“KNOW YOUR PLACE”

Who could have thought, words that emerged out of a ten-year-old could carry that kind of pressure. The butler quickly apologized and left. Arthur also ordered all the knights to leave only leaving behind the shadow guards. 

And the sudden attention he gave to me, completely startled me.

Whaaat is wrong with me?? Despite emerging a Royal Family, I got intimidated by a ten-year-old!!

But the words he uttered next, completely broke me down. 

He knew...He knew all along.

After having William, the guilt I had grew exponentially. To satisfy my heart, I took a gamble and wrote a letter to Empress Helena. If she gets angry, I swore that I would take William and escape to another kingdom.

But she too, like Arthur, completely blew my expectations. She suggested me to be a friend with her. 

And that was when I accepted, the title  “Angel of Zemira”, does her justice.

We both somehow managed to become friends, she sometimes would come with me in incognito to enjoy the festival. She has even spoken with William and Diana. 

The kids never knew that she was the Empress at the time. Only recently, that is last week, did they know that they have the blood of the Imperial family running through them.

The news of Helena’s death shattered me, the only good friend I had in the empire passed away.

The whole felt the impact of her death. Slogans, banners, screams, etc. filled the streets of the capital.

I have to see her face again.

With such resolve, I requested Augustus to somehow allow me inside. Despite the position he was in, he managed to get me inside.

It took all I had to not cry when I saw her lying in the coffin. The cheerful that healed is gone.

 At the same time, I saw Arthur for the first time, despite his young age he managed to hold all the tears back.

I didn’t greet him. Yet not only did he remember my face, but also remembered with whom in sneaked in.

Again...Scary.

I had expected him to get angry and place on order on me leaving the palace, but the kid accepted me as the Empress. Even going as far as to tell me what I should do. He told me to do my best to follow the late Empress’s path. Help the citizens is all he told me to do.

I was sad to hear him not accepting me as one of his parents, but I was glad to hear him accept my kids as siblings.

Despite him being kind towards me, his hostility towards Augustus was as clear as day.

Arthur did not allow Augustus to speak more than needed, every time Augustus spoke, Arthur made a disgusted face as though implying that the Emperor’s voice is unpleasant.

Finally the line, “Make it two.”. 

Despite consisting of only three words, the sentence completely shattered Augustus’s and Arthur’s ten-year relation.

A moment later, after Arthur left, Augustus finally stood and trudged towards his room

“Augustus…”, No words came out in my mind.

Alone, looking up the sky I muttered,

“Only if you were here, Helena....”

 

113