Chapter-8
3.4k 12 111
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“We meet again, Your Highness”

“What a pleasant surprise, Duke Landon. I suppose this spot is taken.”

While smiling, he said. “Of course not, your highness. Why don’t you join me?”

“With pleasure.”

There goes the chance to be alone.

“Do you like this garden, your highness”

“Without a doubt, this place is up there as one of my favorite spots. The memories I and my mother shared here are uncountable. Just there”, pointing at the tree, “ she would always read me any book I wanted. On this bench we are sitting here right now, we both would always share the food while exchanging how the day has been.  No matter how busy she is, mother would never fail to make time for me”

“I see...she truly loved you.”

“That she did.”

“Your highness, are you alright?”

“hmm...I am perfectly fine, Duke Landon.”

“I meant emotionally.”

Ah...tears have already started coming out, huh

Frantically rubbing my eyes, I gave my honest answer to him.

“...It’s difficult to say. The one existence I love is not here anymore and the one, I thought would be there for me brought in another woman with two of his other children. I am feeling perfectly neutral against the Empress...and I can’t bring myself to hate the children either. They did nothing wrong after all.”

“I see...Do you hate your father?”

Hate??... The word ‘hate’ seems like child play to me.

“How can I hate someone that doesn’t exist?”

“Looks like you threw him out of your heart.”

“No, it would be better to say he left by himself... Duke Landon, don’t we have something better to talk about?”

Please change the topic!!!...If things go on, I don’t think I can censor my words

“... Oh right, you said you don’t want to attend the academy, why is that, your highness?”

“Academy, huh...I don’t think my reputation after resigning would help in ensuring a peaceful school life.”

“...and the real reason?”

“Ahhh!!...I don’t want to sit in the classes!!... If I somehow complete my lessons before school starts it would be fine, right??...sitting in the classes for hours is an absolute waste of time."

And this is where my legendary power, Photographic Memory, comes in.

“This is the first time I have seen His Highness act his age.”

“...tch…”

“My my, how rude!! Your Highness, have you ever seen my daughter?”

“Oh...Lady Fiona? Of course, I have seen her. One of the top candidates for the crown princess, right?”

“You are on point, Have you ever thought of getting engaged, your highness?”

Engagement? … Isn’t it supposed to be talked among the parents?...oh right, I have none right now.

“...Don’t you think she would be more suites for William? After all, he is going to become the crown prince.”

“...well, she is like you. An abnormal child. So, I thought you two might suit each other.”

Abnormal child?

“Now, that’s awfully rude of you, Duke Landon.”

“Yet, isn’t it the truth?”

“...”, I could only stay silent. After all, I have never heard of a child getting himself a Dukedom

A roar of laughter escaped Duke’s mouth after seeing my silence.

“It has been a fun time, future Duke”, he said so, while getting up from his bench.

“It has been, Duke Landon”

“Just saying...if she was ever given a chance, Fiona probably won’t choose you. Being the Empress has better benefits after all”

Just leave!!!...Nobody asked you for that information.

“Like Father, Like Daughter.”

Duke laughed. “That’s awfully rude of you, Your Highness!!”

“Until next time, Duke Landon”

“Yes yes, Your highness”

After he left, Sebastian who mysteriously reappeared, spoke

“And there’s another who doesn’t act their age.”

“Did you say something?”

“Nothing that warrants your attention, Your Highness. I’m sure you’re tired, why don’t you take some rest?”

“That is what I was about to do.”


 

“Haaahhh… Lazing around in your own building is the best feeling I could ask for.”

“I am worried about my master’s future.”

“...”

Right now we are in the restored building that I requested...no, not requested, I ordered for.

Not bad…

Not only did they completely clean the rooms...there has even been a re-paint all over the building. All of that, in a day. Of course, there is no smell, probably removed using magic.

It must have been a funny sight to see the Royal Mages...best magic users of the Empire...remove the smell of paint.

“Your highness, are you sure only the two of us will be enough?”, the one who asked for that is Alice.

“It should enough. After all, I am the one who is going to be cooking.”

““EH??””

Ohhh...You both are in perfect sync.

Yep, the only ones who are going to be living here will be me, Sebastian, and Alice.

Wait...won’t Alice be bored without company?

“Alice, you can bring in other maids if you are feeling bored.”

“Oh thank yo...Waiit!! Your Highness, you know how to cook?”

Ohh yeah...no one knows yet.

“I guess it is time to put these stupid dreams of mine to use.”, I whispered in a voice that no one could hear.



Yo, Artique here!!

As you can clearly see above, I have ended up in a Cliche setting. I always planned to have the protagonist possess photographic memory. And with the photographic memory, comes in the strange dreams.

Of course, I am not following an Isekai or a Transmigration route. You could say the dreams are nothing but blueprints/experience of modern things. His character or personality is not gonna change. 

Looking forward to your comments on the DREAMS.

 

 

111