Chapter-9
3.3k 10 113
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Right from the day I had Photographic Memory, I started having these strange dreams.

No...I wouldn’t classify these under dreams, it should be classified under ideas. Strange yet extremely useful ideas always pop up in my head when I am in the dreamland.

Not only do I realize how to use them, but I also weirdly know the way to make the items.

Looks like my brain is so good, it even works during my sleep.

Though I do say that, some of the ideas are extremely dangerous. Especially, the ones called [Guns and Missiles]. If I bring them into existence, all I can see is a world of blood and screams. 

Yep, I am not going to be using dangerous ideas, but I will gladly take full advantage of the daily use ones.

And, through these dreams, I even learned how to cook.

How crazy is that?

“Anyways, Alice...yes I know how to cook. But that is not of importance right now and you can bring in more maids if you wanted.”

“...Thank you, your highness”, she spoke disappointedly, perhaps not knowing the reason.

I guess knowing that a Prince can cook is pretty surprising.

“Sebastian, have the books arrived?”

“No, your highness. Only half of the ones you have mentioned are here. The others will arrive very soon.”

“I see”

For the next 7 years, I have to make full use of Photographic memory. With Sebastian’s help, I ordered a lot of books to be brought from the Royal Library. 

It’s gonna take more time, huh.

“Your highness, until the other books arrive...Why don’t you learn more about magic? The books on magic have arrived, anyways”

“I suppose that is the only thing I can do.”

I take up the first book on the stack, [Magic Introduction for Dummies].

“...”

Though I already know about Magic, it’s better to know read these anyways. Better to store whatever I can in my brain.

Having such leisure thoughts, I start reading the book,

[Mana, an energy that is available all over the atmosphere. Through countless years, humans have found various ways to use mana. And one of them is through, [Magic]. We humans can invoke magic by using chants to channel the mana through and get the desired result.]

And that’s the short version of the whole book. No use in going through the history. As I was about to close the book, one bolded line on the last page caught my attention. 

[Though it is common to use chants for magic, another method for using magic has been found. That is [SIGILS]. Sigils are nothing but Magic Formations. These are used in creating Magic Devices to allow mana to flow through them.]

Uh-Uh, I know this as well...but the next line was what caught me by surprise.

[It has also been found that Sigils can also be used as a method to bypass chants and use magic directly. But this has been found inefficient due to the difficulty in forming the Sigils in mind. The more powerful the magic, the more complex the sigils get.] 

“....”

Whaaat? Why haven’t I known this till today?? If what this book says is true...all I need to do is see the Sigil once to memorize it. God bless my memory.

“Sebastian!!! Who has the most number of Sigil books??”

“Sigil books?...it would be the imperial family, of course.”

“Then, bring them all in. I want every single one of those books in this building by tomorrow.”

“Your order will be carried out, your highness. But may I ask why?”

“Of course, to learn them.”

“...I see.”, he had a confused face.

It is to be expected...Sigils are not that famous. Learning chants would be much better for others.

“ Your highness, how is your sword training?”

“Satisfactory, but nothing too great. I have to focus on it too. Do you know any good swor-”

And that is when I saw Sebastian getting into a stance with his sword.

Where did he even get the sword? Spatial Magic?

“Sebastian?”

“Though in name, I am a butler. But my sword skills are second only to the Commander of the Royal Guards and the Emperor’s butler.”

“Eh? What are you talki-”

*swish*

A severe chill went all through my body. Sebastian, who was 10 meters in front of me, suddenly vanish only to reappear a few feet away, sweeping his sword horizontally towards my throat.

“The hell?!?!”

“You are going to be going through a lot in the future, your highness. I need to prepare you for them.”

“So...So, you are going to be training me?”

“Yes, I am. I think you have found you’re own method for magic. But for wielding a sword, physical training is the only thing you could do.”

“I...I see. Well then,” doing a 90-degree bow ” Sebastian, please teach me the swords skills I need to know.”

“Please raise, your highness.”, Sebastian said in a satisfied tone.

So, there is another reason for him to be the Empress’s butler. Thank goodness, I have him on my side.

And this is how my life in the building had begun.



Heyy, Artique here!!

Next will be an Idle talk and a time skip. So, look forward to it.

Thanks for reading till here. :))

113