Idle Talk – Diana(2)
3.3k 10 125
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It has been over 7 years since I entered these walls. My name is Diana Zemira, a Princess of the Zemira Empire.

Right now, I am walking towards Brother Arthur’s residence.

My position is quite special, I have the blood of Aragon country and the Zemira empire running through me. So, you can say I am quite adored by everyone.

I came into the palace after the death of an Aunt I knew. Though I don’t remember much, she was a kind lady who is loved by everyone. Ah...I wish I could still remember her.

Anyways, the kind lady was the Empress of the Zemira Empire, and my mother is the lover of the Emperor of Zemira…

At the time, I didn’t think much of it...but just how in the world did she become friends with my mother despite knowing everything

Well...after she passed away, the Emperor, my father introduced my mother as the New Empress. Surprisingly, mother was accepted quite easily without any problems, probably due to the royal bloodline.

And the result of the commotion is that I got a father and a new brother.

Father has always been kind towards me, so it was no problem getting along with him.

But, Brother Arthur, on the other hand, was quite scary. 

During the first few weeks in the palace, I had rarely seen him. I came to know he is a kind person during our first meeting, but that’s it. He nor I took any steps to progress in our relationship.

Though I am embarrassed to admit it...His appearance scared me.

Pitch dark hair, like the Empress. It looked angelic on her, but somehow combined with the crimson red eyes of his and his unusually tall appearance, it ended up in an imposing look.

Brother William is also tall, but his Golden Hair gave off a soothing wave.

“No...this is wrong, Diana. Mother, told you to not judge people by their appearance.”

Was the thought the naive little me had seven years ago. But the above line did not hold true for a long time.

Him demanding things one after other from the adults did justice to his looks.

This is a book that you can judge with the cover.

In the end, not understanding anything, I fell asleep through their conversation, and I was informed that Brother Arthur was the one who dropped me.

He is kind after all.

That was when I started to get along with him. Occasionally, I would hang out in the corner building where Brother Arthur lived. It’s in the corner of the forest, out of the eyes of the mother and father. And that was when I understood,

Brother Arthur completely hates Father.

I have never seen them speak to each other more than necessary. It’s almost like they were strangers. Every time, Brother Arthur came for dinner to our palace, that is once a week, he would always talk with me and mother.

It seems like Brother William doesn’t really like Brother Arthur.

Brother William, being almost the same age as Brother Arthur, sees him as someone lazy and without motivation. But I think somehow, Bother William has ended up with an inferiority complex. Oh, that doesn’t mean he is a bad person, it’s just that he is not favorable towards Brother Arthur. At the same time,

It is true that Brother Arthur never attends the Royal parties or Ball. 

That is because, since he gave out his position as the Crown Prince to Brother William, mostly all nobles have named him as the [Spineless and Incompetent Prince].

Though he uses this as an excuse, I am pretty sure he finds it tiring to follow along with Noble’s talk. 

He is also strange.

How can the First Prince of the Empire cook? Sebastian told me that Brother Arthur likes to cook by himself, and the food he makes is always delicious.

Curiously, I joined them in one of the meals. And the result was,

Delicious

It wasn’t as grand as the Royal food I eat every day, the dish was simple and light to the stomach.

Once, even mother joined us to the meal. She was way too excited. Just like how Brother comes to the palace once a week, mother too came here once a week.

Mother too, just like me, was surprised to see Brother Arthur’s clothing style.

He always wore a t-shirt, with something either called jeans or tracks. And whenever, he goes out to the streets, he would wear a long unbuttoned black coat that goes beyond his knees. When I inquired about the dress, he told me,

“The prince’s clothing? No way, those are too suffocating. I got addicted to these clothes the first time I wore them.”

“...”

Ever since he got rid of his Crown Prince title, Brother Arthur started to act wilder but at the same time more intelligent. If he is not practicing magic or sword, he would be sitting in the library reading thousands of books. 

I figured he would forget most of the content, so mockingly, I took a random book and asked a few questions.

And that was when I again felt embarrassed by my own thoughts.

Brother Arthur answered everything without a mistake. It was right on deciding him, to be not sent to the Academy. Besides him getting 100/100 on all subjects, he would also successfully plant the seeds of jealousy among all the other noble kids.

I was also surprised to see him cast magic without any chants. The only way other than chants is to use Sigils. Does that mean Brother's head is advanced enough to create sigils on the go? The most I can do with Sigils is create a small breeze or create a bump on with mud. But here he is flying to the ceiling, saying that is the best place to read books.

Crazy guy...

Another important event was that Brother William got engaged with Lady Fiona of the Hastings family. Just like her father, she has Platinum Blinde hair and is stunningly beautiful. Her sharp eyes seem like it will see through everyone with nothing but a glance.

But the catch is that both Brother William and Lady Fiona, have no interest in each other.

And the project of Brother Arthur’s engagement was quickly shut down after him declaring,

“Engagement? Nope, I don’t want it. Seems like too much of a hassle.”

I think he hates marriage due to father. If I was in his position, I would have felt the same.

*sigh* Both my Brothers are nothing but a bunch of trouble to me.

I even heard of rumors, indicating that Brother William is courting another lady in the academy.

The Academy is nothing but a fancy place for noble children to attend. This is his and Lady Fiona’s last year in the academy. I hope nothing serious happens.

At least, nothing should happen before Brother Arthur gets his position as the Duke of Ellen. And only a week is left.

Of course, he changed the name of the Duchy from Switon to Ellen. 

Wait...does that mean, he is going to leave this palace in a week!!!!

Noooo…my food!!!

*boom* *boom* *boom*

Ah...the ground is shaking again.

“Brother Arthur!! If your goal is to create an earthquake, please move out of the palace sooner.”

There they are, Sebastian and Brother Arthur standing with a sword in their hand.

“Oh, Hey Diana. And don’t worry...I will be leaving next week.”

125