2: Impossible Climb
307 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up in the surprisingly spacious cave that has hence been entirely cleared of the grand total of ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY snake corpses.

I feel at this point the gods are trolling me because no way in hell were there that many snakes in the entirety of this chasm. Like this chasm is indeed unfathomably large to the point that calling it a reverse mountain would almost not give it enough respect BUT I refuse to believe that there were more that 20 snakes here, but hopefully all the snakes in the chasm have now been exterminated so I don't have to see their ugly maws again.

Anyways the goal for today is to start mapping the chasm and hope I don't run into anything that I can't kill.

Firstly this place is beautiful (if you ignore the half eaten snake corpses) the icy foliage is almost surreal the trees here look as if they were sculpted of the bluest of Ice while the grass and leaves are in an ever constant frost and interspersed across the landscape are large chunks of solar ice that light up the surrounding areas with a bluish hue.

Though no matter how beautiful it won't help me get out of here and one may say 'you're natures rock climber' to which I respond 'Have you seen a goat that can climb up an overhang' so for the time being I'm trapped in a ravine filled with who knows what... well we can remove snakes from the list... maybe.

My exploration strategy is fairly simple due to most of the area being covered by crystalline leaves and the propensity of creatures not looking upwards I will be walking in the trees.

I only walked for about an hour before I fell out of the trees which was to be expected, Ibex aren't arboreal creatures after all however what's inexcusable is where I landed which happens to be something quite big and fluffy.

A Bear.

I landed on a bear, sadly it appears to lack the Ice attribute because when I appraise it [Brown Bear] it has no mention of cold things, though luckily it appears to be sleeping, but that doesn't make it any less terrifying. To lil ol' me this thing is a death machine that could awaken at any moment so I need to find a way to kill it or get away without waking it up.

Sadly killing it is going to be impossible, though I could use Ice Poison but speaking simply I don't have the equipment to administer it. So my only option is to escape but that means I have to move and that could wake it up but it's the only shot I have.

Steeling my resolve I jump off the bears back and run towards the trees until...

~ROAR~

Mr. Bear woke up, and I start running as hard as I can

I'm SORRY! I didn't Mean to disturb you! Please let me go Mr. Bear!

~Crash~

Mr. Bear is currently smashing into trees trying to catch up to me... and it's working

To be honest my little legs can only go so fast and Mr. Bear is a massive behemoth that could end my existence with a single bite, well it was a good day and a half.

Oh-ho Hello little crevasse fancy seeing you here don't mind if I [Ice wall] and jump.

~crash...Plop~

haha Stupid bear! Goat one, Bear zero you didn't even notice

ahh only you're head got stuck when you tripped, I woulda thought you'd fall down... guess not

well anyways this is a prime opportunity to train up [Ram]

lv2

lv3

lv4

Alright, I'm hungry then I'll get back to skill training

~Crack~

Oh stupid bear you seem to be in trouble did my new little horn nubs break something.

Oh dear it's much worse than that it appears that my little nubs injected some Ice poison which caused you to start freezing over, oh well.

~Shatter~ [+5000xp, level up]

Dear god Sir Bear eating your wheaties aren't ya, It took at least 70 rams to even crack your defense. well thanks to your sacrifice I'll be able to pick up sense presence and allocate some stat points 'status'

Name: Eis

Sex: F

Specie: Baby Snow Ibex (Winters End Variant) Lv: 10/30 xp 3739/3843

Hp: 85/85

Mp: 34/34

Strength: 19

Defense: 15

Endurance: 24

Agility: 29

Dexterity: 32

Intelligence: 24

Stat Points: 0

Skills:

Skill points: 0

Minor Ice Magic lv2, Ice eater lv3, Mountaineer (Ice, and Earth Attributed) lv4, Ram lv8, Pain resistance lv3, Ice Poison lv2, Bite lv1, Minor Appraisal lv1, Gore lv3, Sense Prescience lv1

Titles:

Aurora Bringer, Torturer

WHAT! that wasn't torture it was training... it just that stupid bear didn't survive it

Haah well whatever what does it do

[Torturer: Provide an extra 5% xp bonus when torture is used to kill]

Well it's not that bad but it's still cruel, Reserved for snakes only... and maybe bad people like stupid bear.

anyways time to continue mapping and hopefully find a way out of this stupid ravine.

most of the rest of my journey was either spent running away, eating and cowering in trees until I decided that it might be for the best to get stronger before I leave the Chasm.

But before that it's nap time so back to the hole.


Today is my third day as a cute lil goat however I'm starting to miss having hands perhaps at one point I will gain them but for the time being I will miss them fiercely, as I continue my quest.

that is to gain enough power to leave this place or find an exit.

As I was walking over to the end of my cave I heard countless birdcalls

well more like screeches and caws but birdcalls none the less, but upon poking my head out the hole a wooshing sound could be heard passing by my head and from there I saw an eagle esque bird divebombing the other birds.

When it latched onto another bird countless icy protrusions erupted from the grappled bird causing tons of blood to splatter across the wall and ground.

this gory display caused a couple wretches to exit my mouth and it seemed to scare away the rest of the birds and once gone revealing a massive pile of snake bones and scales.

The Eagle then took flight with it's quarry leaving me stunned at how absurdly powerful that thing is.

How on earth do you even fight something like that

like are you guaranteed to turn into an exploding bag of cherry flavored shaved ice or is that only if it pierces your skin.

That Eagle however through it's gruesome display has shown to me that stealth is truly the greatest art for both offence and defense.

But today is not appreciation for the powerful day, today is for hunting creatures so I can evolve.

after exiting my hole I headed to the ice forest to find some creatures I could kill, however the problem is that there are to many strong monsters but I have a plan to kill said strong monster. Because sadly I lack any trapping capabilities I have to rely on my natural characteristics.

So my plan then boils down to hiding in a tree until something killable comes by and use [Ram] while falling downward to inflict maximum damage before climbing back into a tree to repeat until the beast is dead. For cases where this strategy is impossible, such as snakes I'll use my newly acquired [Ice Knife] spell to pin it then stomp on its head until it dies.

A short while later a snow white fox comes sprinting out of the undergrowth and behind it is an elk type beast that has grey fur and clear crystalline antlers.

The elk soon stops a short ways away from my tree as it continues to look for the fox.

Eventually the elk is in a position where I could preform my finishing move aiming for the base of its neck.

~Pah~

I hit the elk and then fall to the ground however it appears that my attack did little to nothing as the elk only came out of it with two puncture wounds from where my horns connected, these holes however after bleeding for a bit freeze over and the elk looks at me.

Shit! What went wrong my strategy was perfect, it should have broken it's neck!

The elk charges towards me I dodge narrowly as the elks antler takes a chunk of my fleece out lowering my hp a bit.

I put a small Ice Wall in front of the fore limbs which causes it to stumble after it breaks through, during this moment I charged it and used [ram] which connects with its back legs breaking one of them.

"Aeeeeeeeeeeea!" the elk makes a god awful noise just as it falls to the ground to which I ram the back of its head a few times until it stops moving.

[+679xp, Level up]

Shortly afterwards I decide that the antlers are obviously some kind of ice and would be a perfect lunch,

I was right the antler has a bit of a light watery flavor but it's delicious ice none the less however the one thing I could do without is it making my horns grow faster as that is truly quite painful especially because the two nubs have not only grown longer but they got wider as well, I also think they grew an extra branch in the front.

But currently the pain and bland meal are the least of my worries considering the ground is rumbling in the direction that the now appraised [Avalanche Elk] and now I think I know what the avalanche prefix is for.

The sheer quantity of elks surrounding the tree I am currently in is truly frightening and this experience has added another creature on to the no kill list

It took around 4 hours for the herd to leave after finding no signs of the culprit aka me, but the unexpected happened which is the fact when these avalanche elk die if given enough time their bodies turn into ice sculptures which is convenient for myself because now I get more horn enhancing ice to enjoy.

With the chasm growing dimmer I decided it was probably best to head back to the cave.

Goddess with the days being so short I might as well find some way to get a night vision skill, Perhaps killing an owl type beast with the ice attribute could solve my issue.


Name: Eis

Sex: F

Specie: Baby Snow Ibex (Winters End Variant) Lv: 11/30 xp 575/5764

Hp: 90/90

Mp: 50/50

Strength: 19

Defense: 17

Endurance: 24

Agility: 31

Dexterity: 34

Intelligence: 27

Stat Points: 0

Skills:

Skill points: 5

Minor Ice Magic lv2, Ice eater lv5, Mountaineer (Ice, and Earth Attributed) lv5, Ram lv9, Pain resistance lv3, Ice Poison lv2, Bite lv1, Minor Appraisal lv1, Gore lv3, Sense Prescience lv3

Titles:

Aurora Bringer, Torturer

12