9: To Brambell
255 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mum woke me up at around 5 in the morning, why you ask? the answer to torture me! (dress up).

That however ended fairly quickly as Mum found something she liked pretty quickly

that being a white dress, and an oversized cloak.

~Sigh~ I wish I could wear pants, but sadly my leg structure and hooves prevent all attempts. How did that satyr in those Quercy Jameson movies ever fit into pants? Truly one of the great mysteries of the universe.

Anyways after about an hour of torture, Mum was satisfied, and we went to have breakfast. Breakfast was a simple eggs, bacon, and toast. The chefs, however, decided that the Faun such as myself are entirely vegetarian so I got salad, toast and jam. Luckily Mum took pity on me and gave me some bacon.

We finished breakfast with some time left and I decided to ask a question that's been bugging me.

"Hey, Mum why aren't we going to live in the village you grew up in?"

"That'd be because it doesn't exist anymore"

"Huh?"

"It was destroyed during a beast tide 3 years ago, I was, at the time on a request to escort some nobles and didn't hear about it until I finished my mission, but by that time everything was gone, my parents included"

"Sorry..."

"Oh no it's ok I've grieved enough already"

"Ever considered rebuilding it?"

"I have but I'd have to campaign to the king to get it to happen and that seems like a chore especially when the village was in a poor location"

"That would make sense, I feel talking to the king would be a difficult task"

Mum gives me a confused look and says "What gives you that idea?"

"Hmmm, Well he's the most important person in the country I don't feel like one could casually meet him"

"HAHAHAHA, Like that wimp could escape me! Come! let us find Amicia then we can go bully the king"

My face paled, as mum grabbed my wrist and rushed out of the inn. Of course, paying while she ran.

We soon arrived in front of the former clothing store, which is now empty aside from the pair stashing countless clothes into bags.

Amicia turns to us as soon as we pass through the door.

"Oh you two are early, I thought we agreed to meet at the gate at 8"

before I could even open my mouth Mum, with a sly smile, starts saying "yes, yes we agreed to meet at 8 but I really need to take Amicia to see the king"

The atmosphere seemed to freeze at this moment, Amicia's face indescribably chilly to the point even I start feeling the cold.

"And what might the mighty Rene Skoll need with Little Alfred?" she says while creeping closer

"That's... Uhh I'll see you later"

Mum turns to leave only to be trapped in a headlock, with a fist grinding against her skull.

"AHH! Amicia I'm sorry! I just wanted to bully him a little! and maybe introduce Eis to him!"

"Huh? Just a little last time you spoke to him you broke his nose, You're gonna traumatize him! And I bet you were gonna make Eis bully him with you! Just because you're friends with Maria doesn't mean you can pummel her husband!"

"I know! I'm sorry! I banish the thought! Please Not the ears! not the ears!"

"Eh? I still haven't punished you for the last time you beat him up, This is far from over, Just because Maria doesn't mind doesn't mean you'll get away without punishment"

"NOOOOOO! Ah! Amicia! My Health is decreasing! Let me goooooooo..."

As Mum was being dragged into the back, I had started helping Tilia pack clothes.

'I wonder if Amicia will teach me her methods they seem... useful'

"Does that happen every time they meet?"

"Pretty much, at least mom keeps it clean so I don't have to clean up any blood, though Auntie Rene always comes out with more than a few injuries"

"Hmm, I'll have to get her methods"

It was a short 10 minutes of peace until Mum came out with dead eyes and more than a few bruises across her body.

Tilia walked over to the mumbling Rene and patted her on the back "Now Auntie Rene I believe you should stop bullying Uncle Alfred as you'll be living in the same kingdom as Mom now"

Horror and defeat flash across the tigerwolf-kin's face as she nods slowly. Slowly Amicia too comes out of the back of the store with a pleasant smile.

"[Heal] Now let's get to packing then we can leave"

Packing was short, with the added adults especially Mum due to her frantically stuffing clothes into the bags, in the end, it only took us half an hour to finish. After which we headed to the gates to start our journey to Brambell.

11