Chapter 27 – The Capital’s Situation
1.3k 2 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 While Kenji just returned to the capital, the Vampires were restless. Their Lord was a very patient man, but when it came to love and power affairs, he was not.

 The Blood Moon was about to end soon, in a matter of 3 weeks. So, the time he had to Ascend, and make the woman his wife, was very short. Even worse, was that the Pure Mana Source wasn't acquired yet, and it wasn’t coming to the North yet.

 “WHEN THAT THING IS COMING?!”

 “My Lord. We received a message he was making his way back to the capital. We also received a message that he acquired an Artifact to travel, so we think he will come here soon.”

 “WHEN IS THIS SOON?! THE BLOOD MOON IS ALMOST ENDING! WE DO NOT HAVE TIME! SEND THE MESSAGE! IF IN 1 WEEK HE’S STILL NOT HERE! LEVEL THE EMPIRE’S CAPITAL TO THE GROUND!”

 “A-At once My Lord!”

 The other Vampire walked away from the throne room, leaving his Lord alone… with his Bride to be chained with a collar on his hands. That woman was none other than Matsumoto Yumi.

 “Ah, my love. Pardon me. I lost my composure there.”

 Yumi was scared. Trembling in fear, she tried to crawl away from the Vampire Lord. Unfortunately for her, she was with a collar on her neck, and a chain on it. She was pulled back strongly, choking and coughing a bit. After pulling her, the Vampire Lord bit her arm again. 

 To Vampires, to bite a woman in the neck, is the same as finishing the Bride Ritual(only at the Blood Moon). So, instead, he was biting her on the arms and legs.

 Yumi was in despair already. She had been bit through her legs and arms all over, with scars of 2 fangs all over her limbs. The worse, was that if she tried to use any kind of Healing Magic, the pain would be doubled, or even worse.

 “Soon… We'll be together for life.”

 Even in this situation, she wasn’t thinking about herself. No. She was thinking of her other student who also had been kidnapped together with her, Watanabe Naomi.

“Tch! Are you still rejecting me?!”

 “I never did consent!”

 Although Yumi was worried about Naomi, she was in rather good condition. With her proficiency in [Holy Magic], she made a barrier, stopping the Vampires in their tracks. Even the Pure Vampire wouldn’t step and try to destroy the barrier.

 “You shall regret this!”

 Going away, the Vampire cursed, while regenerating from his new injuries. Naomi breathed in relief, and relaxed. Her body fell, leaning on the wall. She looked through the window, with a small glimmer of hope, waiting for anyone to rescue her.

 “Jesus… That’s a lot of information to take in. I need a pick me up.”

 Hearing all of the things that happened recently in the capital, I was about to have a headache. With some hot water, and the Coffee I got from before, I sipped on it. Aaaah… Now this is something~ Sipping on the coffee regularly, made my mind more clear.

 “So. Let me summarize everything…” With another sip, and a long breath in, I started speaking.

 “First of all, the capital was attacked by a lot of vampires, targeting big merchants, and high ranked adventurers. With that, you guys got deployed, and started to deal with the invaders.”

 Suzuki and the others nodded, agreeing with everything.

 “Okay… After dealing with so many of the Vampires, some of our classmates died, and sensei started with all of the dear student thingy.”

 I dismissed my classmates, since they treated me as trash, even at school. That got these idiots by surprise, since I didn’t have any kind of sympathy towards them. In fact, I was pretty sure I had an expression that said: Don’t really care.

 “So, with that, you guys were attacked on the Castle, and out of nowhere, a vampire, much stronger than the others grabbed sensei, and Naomi, vanishing on his own shadow, and saying the words: Pure Mana Source.”

 “You… summarized everything.”

 Suzuki acknowledged, and I finished my coffee. The witch got interested, so I prepared some for her. The idiots also looked like they wanted some… Too bad! I ain’t sharing my treasure with them.

 “So? Where do I fit in on this story?”

 “We would want your help, of course.”

 “Of course. We.”

 I spoke in a very sarcastic voice. The face of Suzuki was of disbelief, while the other had the “Finally!” expression on their faces.

 “Sorry to say Suzuki… But it’s not we. It’s just you.”

 She glanced at the other idiots, and they just shrugged. In fact, Aoki had a ‘Don’t need him’ expression, while Takahashi had a ‘I’m more than enough!’ on his. Speaking truthfully, it wouldn’t matter anyway. I’m going there myself! After learning some blacksmithing. I’ll need it to build other things.

 Speaking of equipment, I would like to make lots of things, but Blacksmith was a must. Like, Fujin is all well and good, not gonna lie. But if I want to travel VERY long distances, like from Salis-Side and the Capital, I would need a cost efficient transport.

 Fujin needs mana not only to power the propellers, but also the 2 thrusters on the back. And with that, it just consumes a huge amount of Mana.

 “Well, since things are already solved… I’m going to rest now. I have had enough conflicts in these last weeks for a year already.”

 “Wait! You're not gonna help?!”

 “Really?” Looking at her in annoyance, she just looks away. “I’m not saying: I’m not gonna help. I’m saying: Later. Got it? Come back here… Dunno, 1 month.”

 “1 MONTH?!”

 “Okay, that’s enough.” The witch intervened. “Did you already figure it out -who!- Is this Pure Mana Source?”

 She looks at me with a smug smile. Speaking truthfully, I want to punch her because of that.

 “Of course. If I couldn’t, I would really be an idiot.”

 “What? Who is the source?”

 “Well! Guess I didn’t mention it, huh? My turn.”

 And I spoke about the two Thralls from before I traveled to Caerleon, and the two attacks on Salis-Side. The monster in the forest, and the Giant.

 “If you still didn’t get it. It’s me! Me. I am the Pure Mana Source.”

 “What happens if you die?”

 Takahashi said. In a condescending voice.

 “First of all, I’ll kill the bastards.” I say as I let loose of the Killing Instinct. He gulps and backs one step. “And second, probably the ‘Source’, is going to someone else.” I finish as I stop the pressure.

 “Wait. Are you saying that the ‘Source’ will just jump to another person?”

 Aoki asked. I nodded, and glanced at the Witch. She finished her mug of coffee, putting the mug on the table, crossing one of her arms, making her chest jiggle, and the other hand on her chin.

 “Yes. Probably one of you.”

 She finally says, and points towards the idiots. They all look confused. I would be too, if I was an idiot who only cares about fame, and power.

 “Sigh… What she’s saying is that the ‘Source’ will become someone from another world.”

 “She knows about it?”

 “Seriously? After you guys appeared several times here? Who wouldn’t?”

 Suzuki notices that with an ‘Ah!’ and lowers her head. Sighing once again, by the uptenth time of this conversation, I finished the speech.

 “I don’t care about whatever is happening on the Vampires side. But if I don’t go there, then whatever their boss is planning, won’t go ahead. He might keep attacking the city though. Meh.”

 Shrugging, I yawn, and turn back. Before going to the room the Witch gave me, I say one last word to the idiots.

 “Oh yeah. A piece of advice. Careful with the Emperor.”

 Winking to them, I walk into the room. Hearing some murmurs, I fell on the bed, and finally had a good sleep.

 Another week. Yes. Another damn week. ‘How the HELL can you sleep in a week?!’ you ask? Dunno? I mean, there isn’t much for me to say. The reason, once again, was because of the amount of mana I used coming back to the capital.

 According to the Witch, which are things I didn’t have an ounce of knowledge about, is that each person has an ‘Output’ of mana. In simple terms: Imagine like a big pipe, transporting water to a very small and thin one.

 If you try to do that, the smaller pipe WILL NOT be able to handle the amount of water, and probably will explode. Not probably, it WILL explode. I think. Anyway, you got the idea. Or is it the contrary? Like the small pipe doesn't have the output capability of transporting too much? GAH! YOU GOT THE POINT!

 In even more simple words! I screwed up. Used too much mana when coming back to the capital.

 Anyway, with that out of the way, the Witch brought more food for me, and after finishing, she brought… the coffee. Why didn't she bring it before?

 “So?” She asked as sipping on her mug. “What are you gonna do now? I don’t think I have anything to teach you anymore.”

 “Really? I thought you would have something more.”

 She scoffed, finishing her coffee and putting the mug on the table, she leaned against the chair, and crossed her arms. After some time thinking, she nodded and finally spoke.

 “Yep! Nothing to teach you.”

 “Seriously? I thought you would find something.”

 “Not really. Anyway, do try to search for something else. You already have something in mind, right?”

 “I do.” She sighs in relief? “Blacksmith is something I think I’ll learn. Might as well, actually.”

 “Hm. That’s a good way to go. Since if you learn Alchemy, Transmutation and Blacksmith, they can complement each other.”

 “Yeah. Now, onto the next issue.” She arches her brow in doubt. “Can you take care of Lucy for a while? Since I know no one in this shitty city will want to look for her. They’ll look at her, not take care of her.”

 “What do I gain with that?”

 Seriously? She wanted profit, even in this situation. Oh yeah. That’s probably because of the other time before I went to the south.

 “Hm.” Nodding, I take the two bloody cores out, and the Giant’s Core. Her surprised face is priceless. “So? Can’t you look for her while-”

 “Deal.”

 Okay. I didn’t even finish speaking and she already agreed. Alright! Now I have something to do! With that, I would be able to make not only Lucy’s weapons, but also the new way of transport, her armor, and modify the Odyssey Outfit.

 “Too flashy. Meh, I can make do.”

 Finishing the coffee, I inform the girls about the deal with the Witch. Surprisingly, they agreed with it, and would obey anything that the Witch ordered. Also, I asked the Witch not to let Lucy out of sight, since people would try to do something to her.

 Anyway, with that finished, I got out to the Adventurer’s Guild. After all, I had money to grab.

 When I was reaching the guild, I noticed a giant turmoil. Lots of soldiers running all around, injured adventurers, priests and such. To even enter the guild was hard. I needed to wait for a while. Like, an hour or so.

 After that, I asked the lady on the counter for the GM, and informed about the auction. She understood, and took me upstairs. There… The old man, the Killing Stare guy, was there talking with the GM. The GM had a… tired expression on him. Looks like he had it rough.

 “Sup.”

 “The money, right?”

 He was fast on the uptake. After rummaging through a drawer, he took… Two pouches out of it. And they were quite heavy by the looks of it.

 “Here. The auction started at 20 Platinum pieces… And got higher and higher by the time it passed.”

 “How much did each one give exactly?”

 “Seriously? People were crazy for this. Well, the auction was in the Kingdom, not here. And there are more nobles there. They got super riled up about the honey.”

 After some speech, the GM informed me that the 2 were bought, by the King of Rezia, and a Duke from there. And the price was more than 150 Pieces of Platinum. The king gave 130, while the second was around 95 Platinum. Why the hell people put so much money on this?

 “So… Onto business now.” The GM started talking, and I finished.

 “Yeah. I need to go.”

 “WHAT! WE NEED HELP! AND YOU AIN’T GOING ANYWHERE!”

 He jumped from his seat, and grabbed me.

 “HEY! Get off! I already have my own plans!”

 “NO WAY IN HELL!”

 “I think that’s enough, Guild Master.”

 The old man spoke. His voice was stern, but his expression was of disbelief. Sighing he continued.

 “The Capital Adventurer’s are in a dire situation, so the Army will take care of it from here. This was the reason for my visit, anyway.”

 “But… The Adventurers will try to act anyway.”

 “That, I do not doubt. But the Army won’t pay the rewards. Do inform them about this. Also, I talked with Sir Kenji already. He will be occupied, so I won’t try to recruit him.”

 “Even if you tried to recruit me, I would plainly reject the offer. GAH!” 

 The GM put more strength on his grip.

 “Anyway… The guild will do its best. But do warn the idiots who will, for sure, try to be a hero.”

 “I will. Now if you excuse me.”

 The old man walked out of the room, and the GM finally let go of me. Shit! This hurts! He leaned on his chair, and sighed heavily. Not my problem, I’m out.

 “Wait.” What a drag. “If anything happens, you should act.” He says in a stern voice.

 “I mean, I planned on doing that. Not that something will happen in at least, I don’t know, a month?”

 “Why are you so sure about that?”

 “Gut feeling?”

 He shook his head, and waved for me to get out. I did so, and walked to my next objective, the Blackmiiiith!

 “I don’t have weapons!”

 Was the first thing I heard just by reaching the shop’s door. I got curious, and entered the shop, finding Takahashi and Aoki once again, but this time… they were more pushy.

 “We demand them!”

 “AND AS I SAID! I DON’T HAVE THE MATERIALS TO MAKE THEM!”

 “Wow. You guys are really persistent, huh.”

 They all glare at me. Not a problem, but the old man, the owner, was pleading with his eyes.

 “Sigh… You know? Hey. Old man.”

 “What?”

 “Let me deal with these idiots. As an exchange, how about you teach me about Blacksmith?”

 The idiots glared even more on me, but the old man started to think. Probably, in his vision, what I asked was really stupid, and a waste of time. Also, since he didn’t have any materials, if what he said was true, then teaching me Blacksmithing was a waste of time.

 “Fine. All yours.”

 He said and walked to the back of the shop. Smiling, I look around the shop. Everything was… Empty. All the swords, axes, spears, all weapons were gone. Looks like things are going even worse than what I thought.

 “So? Mighty idiots… What do you need?”

 “What can you do?”

 “Dunno. Will you tell me already, or you gonna keep spilling crap?”

 “What do you think we want? Weapons of course!”

 “Uhum. And what about the materials? Because, without ores, you can’t make weapons. I don’t know if that little head of yours can think of that.”

 “What did you say?”

 “Are you deaf, Takahashi?”

 Aoki looked at me, like analyzing. Oh, you’re actually Appraising me, huh?

 “Keep going, Aoki, and I’ll make you fly.”

 He didn’t expect that, by the looks of his face. I did the same, looking through Aoki’s STATUS. Speaking honestly, it was quite the STATUS. So why is he having so much difficulty? Doesn’t make much sense.

STATUS–

Name: Aoki Raiden Species: Human Traveler Age: 15 Years
XP: ??? LVL: 67 / 540 SP: 0
HP: 31’210 / 31’210
{+ 8’000}
MP: 24’120 / 24’120
{+ 600}
STR: 18’460
{+ 9’000}
INT: 12’980
{+ 400}
CON: 25’350
{+ 9’000}
AGI: 9’210
{+ 200}
DEX: 16’840
{+ 600}
LUK: 6’720
 

CLASSES

Holy Swordsman (Lvl 9)Paladin (Lvl 7)Warrior (Lvl  6)Tank (M)Student (Lvl 6)

SKILLS

Passive Skills

Language Comprehension (U)Holy Sword Arts (U Lvl 8)Martial Arts (Lvl 5)Supernatural Vitality (Lvl 8)Enhanced Pool (Lvl 6)Supernatural Strength (Lvl 9)Supernatural Body (Lvl 9)Enhanced Dexterity (Lvl 6)Enhanced Knowledge (Lvl 4)Enhanced Mobility (Lvl 2)All-Element Affinity (L)Magic Perception (Lvl 7)Presence Perception (Lvl 9)Danger Perception (Lvl 7)

Magic Skills

Holy Magic (U Lvl 9)4-Elemental Magic (Lvl 8)3-Complex Magic (Lvl 2)Mana Manipulation (M)Non-Elemental Magic (Lvl 7)Energy Conversion (Lvl 4)

Resistance Skills

All-Elemental Resistance (L Lvl 2)Fear Resistance (Lvl 6)Paralysis Resistance (Lvl 7)Pain Nullity (Lvl 4)Exhaustion Nullity (Lvl 5)Rot Resistance (Lvl 3)
TITLES

Traveler From Another WorldUnique KillerThe Holy One {The Opposite}Hero of Another World {Invader}Harem Leader (?)DollFuture Sacrifice {Hidden}Draconian Killer

 In fact, I’m quite jealous. He has a higher STATUS than me, and even some nice skills. Now as for his titles… What the fuck Harem Leader means?! Doll is quite fitting though.

 “So? You think materials will just fall from the skies, and the old man will be able to make weapons? Puh-lease!”

 Aoki sighed, and Takahashi had an angry expression. What’s with this guy? He gets pissed with everything I say. Hm? What? I held my surprised expression. Why? Well, let’s just say… Takahashi’s a bit special.

STATUS–

Name: Takahashi Hideo Species: Human Traveler Age: 16 Years
XP: ??? LVL: 72 / 540 SP: 0
HP: 28’030 / 28’030
{+ 18’000}
MP: 34’540 / 34’540
{+ 16’000}
STR: 26’450
{+ 19’000}
INT: 7’980
CON: 18’210
{+ 9’000}
AGI: 19’210
{+ 12’000}
DEX: 27’840
{+ 16’000}
LUK: 1’240

CLASSES

Living Weapon (U Lvl 2)Slasher (Lvl 9)Warrior (Lvl 4)Tank (M)Student {Locked}

SKILLS

Passive Skills

Language Comprehension (U)Demonic Scythe Arts (U Lvl 9)Martial Arts (Lvl 2)Supernatural Amplified Vitality (Lvl 8)Supernatural Amplified Pool (Lvl 6)Supernatural Amplified Strength (Lvl 9)Supernatural Body (Lvl 9)Supernatural Amplified Dexterity (Lvl 6)Supernatural Amplified Mobility (Lvl 2)Magic Perception (Lvl 9)Presence Perception (Lvl 9)Danger Perception (Lvl 9)Killing Instinct (Lvl 1)Berserker State (Lvl 5)

Magic Skills

Darkness Magic (U Lvl 9)Shadow Scythe (Lvl 8)Shadow Step (Lvl 7)Mana Manipulation (M)Energy Conversion (Lvl 1)Stealth (Lvl 7)Wrath (Unknown)Indomitable Rage (Lvl 7) • Hatred Inducement (Lvl 2)

Resistance Skills

Darkness Immunity (L)Fear Nullity (Lvl 2)Pain Immunity (Lvl 4)Exhaustion Nullity (Lvl 5)Death Resistance (Lvl 1)
TITLES

Traveler From Another WorldUnique KillerLiving ShadowHero of Another World {Invader}DomineeringObsessed OneHarem LeaderSinner of WrathFuture Sacrifice {Hidden}Draconian KillerDarkness Acolyte {Locked}Crazy One

ABNORMAL STATUS CONDITION

INT Decrease

 Yep. [Wrath] and [Sinner of Wrath]. Who would ever guess?

 “Anyway… How about you guys telling me what you want? Since I’ll be learning things, I’ll make them. How about it?”

 “Something bad? Ha! You’re useless!”

 “Burn Everything to Cinders|Fiery Blade|

 When the two blades came out of my gauntlets, Takahashi was agape. He’s suddenly… normal? And Aoki was curious. Also, just these two were here. The others weren’t. They were idiots. The others too, but less idiots.

 “Anything else?”

 “Can you do something like that to us?”

 “Hmmm… With the right materials, and with time… yeah. I can.”

 “A scythe! With affinity to Darkness!”

 “Here. A list of things. We will be going now. There’s training to do.”

 “Good Luck!”

 After the two got out, I checked the list.

 “Shit. What a list of things, huh?”

 A sword that could use [4-Element Magic], [Holy Magic], and [3-Complex Magic]. Oh, Complex Magic is the other 3 elements, Ice, Lightning and Magma. It’s really Rare to find people with it, and Aoki has it. Quite lucky. Now, what does the Wrath Skill do? I got curious about that.

 When I glanced at Takahashi’s STATUS, he is stronger than Aoki, but his Status Condition is… strange?

Seven Sins Skills – Wrath
Acquired by the System after the Death of the Sinner Demon Lord.
Part of the Seven Sins Skill Tree.
The Wrath Sin makes the user stronger, according to the user’s rage. The more rage, the stronger the user gets. Unfortunately, as a downside, the user loses control of its actions,
and its INT Stat decreases constantly, becoming either uncontrollable, or a Berserker.
Users usually are killed on the spot upon discovering this skill.
Skills and Titles Acquired together with this skill
Indomitable Rage; Berserker State; Hatred Inducement; Sinner of Wrath;

 Limitations
 • Without endless rage/anger, the user is weakened;
 • Releasing anger can weaken the user;
 • User may attack/destroy anything or anyone when enrage
d;

 Ways to Counter It

 • Acquiring Skills such as: Psychic Shield, Rage Resistance, Wrath Resistance, Calm Mind; Patience; Emotion Immunity;
 •
Acquiring Titles, such as: Tranquil One; Patient;

 Finishing the Skill’s info, I turn to the list Aoki gave me. Quite the items, not gonna lie.

 “The sword for Aoki. Gauntlets to use with [Fire Magic], for Nakamura. A bow that can use [Lightning & Wind Magic], for Yamada. A… Normal Katana? That’s for Suzuki I’m sure. A Staff for Hiroto. This is gonna be tricky. His Unique Skill is [Time Magic]. And a staff with… Huh?”

 The last one simply changed. It was a staff for [Shadow Magic], but now it changed to… A staff that is able to use [Death Magic]. Well, Hayashi is a Necromancer, so… Why did he let it be hidden? Nonetheless, to [Death Magic]? It would take some time.

 “Guess I’ll need to practice first, and -then!- find the materials, huh? Tsk, shit.”

 “Are ya finished?”

 Hearing a different voice from usual, I look towards the other side of the counter. There, I found a man. A really short man. Short and Stout, with a big beard. A dwarf. Why do they have the same appearance?

 “Yes.”

 “Surprised, aren’t ya?”

 He grins and looks towards me. I simply gulp nervously. Don’t get me wrong, I’m surprised. It’s just that I don’t have words to express it. It is a dwarf. The race with one of the greatest capabilities to handle Blacksmithing.

 Wait. That explains why those scrap weapons I got, even though they were bad, had at least a bit of quality. It wasn’t the old man who made them, but this guy.

 “So? Ya gonna stay there, or gonna work yer ass ta be the perfect blacksmith? I ain’t teaching half heartedly. I’ll hammer all I know onto that thick skull of yours. C’mon! Let’s get ta work!”

 He quips me to go to the back of the shop, and I do so.

 ‘Don’t have the materials!MY ASS!

 Right at the back of the shop, it was full of materials. Bad quality, but materials nonetheless.

 “Yeah! I know whatcha thinkin’. Materials, aight?” I nod. “Ya see, I ain’t selling things, unless it's perfect! In my eyes. So… These materials are crap. Plain an’ simple. So? Ya have materials with ya, aight?”

 “You knew?”

 “Ya wouldn’t accept the job without ‘em. So I just expected.”

 So, I take some things out. Not the Mondálium, though. That’s not possible to change. The Dwarf whistles at the materials. He touches the ores, breaks some of them with a small hammer, and takes some kind of monocle to analyze the ores.

 “Hey.” He says in a very… stern voice.

 “Yeah?”

 “Let’s get ta work! NOW!”

 “Wha?!”

 And I got dragged to this. Basically, I stayed for 3 weeks, only learning things. It didn’t have anything on paper. It was all on practice. Everything.

Thanks for the Reading~ Hope you like it~

46