Chapter 25 – Extinction of a Race
1.3k 2 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 At the camp I made(once again) outside of the city, the girls were soundly sleeping, while I was looking through the new skills and titles that appeared recently.

 “So, I completed the requirements. What are they, exactly?”

Title Fearless – Requirements

Face several moments where you are affected by Intimidation, Fear Inducement, Killing Intent, and Killing Instinct. Also situations where you are pressured, or put on edge.

Skills Acquired by the Title Fearless:

Fear Immunity (Unique) and Killing Instinct (Tier 1)

Skill Fear Immunity

The ability to have no fear.

The user has literally no fear, being unable to feel any sort of fear, terror or even any intense anxiety.

 Limitations

 • As fear is a healthy and logical response, being unable to feel it, can make the user reckless, and a danger to themselves and others.
 •
May cause overconfidence and loss of common sense.

 “Interesting. Looks like Scan is better now. It shows the limitations of the skills too. What about [Killing Instinct]?”

Skill Killing Instinct

The power to have an extreme urge and ability/instinct to kill.

Users possess the capability that enables them to be the “ultimate killing machine”. They have instincts to kill by any means and in the most effective ways possible, use anything at hand to do so and, have no mental/emotional issues or moral dilemmas either before, during or, after the deed.

 Limitations

 • May still feel remorse after killing someone.
 •
May be constantly active.
 •
May emerge/activate involuntarily.
 •
May activate in situations of unstable emotions(such as anger).
 •
Extended suppression of their urges, might result in a mental/emotional/psychological meltdown. Instincts can be uncontrollable.
 •
Without a strong, proper moral compass, and a strong sense of who to kill, and who not to kill, the user may be a danger for either friends or foes.

 Ways to counter it:

 • Acquiring Skills and/or Titles, such as: Psychic Shield, Fearless, and Tranquil State.

 “Wow. [Killing Instinct] is… scary. So… I now don’t have any qualms towards killing someone? That’s… nasty.” Thinking about it, I would face some idiots in the future, I’m sure about it. But… “Not having moral dilemmas against it? Would that be losing your humanity?”

 Looking more through my skill list, some of my skills were… related to killing someone… Who am I trying to deceive… Just look at my weapons. What a joke, is what I told myself.

 “Now… What about [Anarchy]?”

Skill Anarchy

The user gains a boost of 0.50%, up to 50%{Max} for about 15 minutes after an enemy is killed.

It boosts up all of the user Stats.

In exchange for that, the user must select a Stat to be sacrificed to receive the boost.

Which Stat would you like to sacrifice?

 “Uou. Slow down. What?”

 The skill was… OP, that I say. A boost of 50%?! And I can select the Stat I want to sacrifice for the boost?! Damn. The skill was good, but it also had its demerits.

 “50%… 0.50% per enemy killed… I would need… 100 enemies to have the full boost… Wow. That’s a lot.”

 And for the title of [Anarchist]? It simply says: Title awarded to those who cause disorder and ignores everything about the authority of the upper echelons. It also had two conditions to acquire it. First, it was to mock or not obey any kind of order given by higher ups, and the other… was to have the [Mocker of Gods] title? The last one doesn't make much sense…

 Finishing that up, I looked through my equipment, verifying the quantity of things I had.

 I had more than 12 charges of Zerstörer, more than 30 Shells for Gemetzel, and the bullets for Satz were also no problem. Unfortunately, I couldn’t make use of Raijin yet. The materials I had in hand weren’t enough, and the cores I had were of low quality.

 Since I didn’t have many charges of Zerstörer, I made some grenades with the Mana Infused Powder. Also, using some small lightning crystals(which were selling in the market), I made some pulse grenades.

 “I guess that’s all.”

 “Mr.Kenji?”

 Looking to the source of the voice, I see Lucy was awake and looking apprehensive. Maybe she feels guilty? What’s with that?

 “Any problems?”

 “It’s just… I’m feeling…”

 “Guilty? Why? It’s not your fault.”

 “But… If it wasn’t for me…”

 “Oh, C’mon! First of all, it’s that giant’s fault. His race was probably extinct, thanks to humans greedy or whatever. Secondly, those idiots of the city are on even a bigger fault as well, for instead of killing that giant, they simply gave him what he wanted.” Why am I talking about killing with no problem?

 “Aren’t giants… Extinct?”

 “So you do know.”

 “Yes. They were infamous for their incredible strength, and very good resilience.”

 “You’re not wrong. But that guy isn’t that strong, neither resilient. That’s all thanks to that slime, or better yet… his tunic.”

 “That… tunic?”

 She didn’t know, apparently, about the slime. After I explained to her, she seemed to understand, and that if she was to be sacrificed… She would have a painful and agonizing death.

 Finishing that awful talk, she started talking about herself. What she passed through, who did that to her, and all of that. She apparently talked with Kasumi, Amara, and Yuki about it. And she was so surprised about knowing that Kasumi was the daughter of the Fox-Goddess.

 We discussed an action plan for the next day. Lucy was not… willing to follow it, but in the end, she agreed to do so. Obviously, only after I reassured her, that I would protect her.

 Morning came soon enough, and I said for them to follow the plan I talked with Lucy before. Needless to say, both Amara and Kasumi were really… unsettled with it. Can’t blame them. I’m using Lucy as bait.

 After some explaining about the new skills I got, they agreed to it, and walked towards the city. As for me, since I had the new skill, [Anarchy], I needed to get the boost, so I rushed to the forest, to kill any small fry.

 “Now, what Stat should I exchange?”

 While running through the forest, I looked through the MPD. AGI and DEX is a no-no. Both are my best stats, anyway. INT as well. STR and CON are an option, but… Losing 50% of my Stats? That would be really hard to deal with.

 Think about it. CON was necessary so as not to die in one hit. STR was good enough to deal with anyone who reached me in a close quarters fight. INT was a stat that wasn’t that high, but recently, it started to get to. AGI and DEX were my best bets, since my play style was based on these 2 stats.

 “Meaning? LUK it is!”

Skill Anarchy

The user gains a boost of 0.50%, up to 50%{Max} for about 15 minutes after an enemy is killed. It boosts up all of the user Stats.

In exchange for that, the user must select a Stat to be sacrificed to receive such boost.

The Stat of LUK, will be sacrificed for the boost of the remaining Stats.

The user Kenji is really…

 “What? WHO IS MAKING FUN OF ME?!”

 Recently, the Scan have received a personality, which was both creepy, and irritating. Well, not that the LUK stat was that high. I’m gonna lose, -what?- 10 of LUK? How high is that?

 Goblins, small Slimes, Wolves, and small Bird Monsters. The Skill would go even higher, to anything I killed. Be it normal animals, monsters or beasts. Even humans, if I understood well.

 “C’mon! Where are you small fries?!”

 I wasn’t counting, but looking at the MPD, put a smile on my face. 10% now. I’m getting there. I kept going deeper in the forest, and at least would come out of here with 30% of the boost. It took some time though.

 Back at the city, as the three girls entered, they were taken instantly to the City’s lord manor. There, both Kasumi and Amara were taken to another room, while Lucy was taken to another place, to be prepared to be sacrificed.

 “What? Did your little master run away?”

 The two didn’t answer, choosing to stay silent.

 “No matter. It would be my victory anyway.”

 Exactly as Mr.Kenji said, was what Amara thought.

 Kenji’s plan was very simple. He would go to the forest, stack his new [Anarchy] skill. While he was doing that, the girls would enter the city, deliver themselves, and make the City’s lord think he had already won.

 “He will probably act all high and mighty. Please don’t kill him yet. I think I’ll do that… depending on what he does to you three, that is.”

 They understood that, and he also gave them another order. When the giant appears, make sure to resist, and cause a ruckus on the city. Surprised with Kenji’s words, they tried to make him not cause anything to the city, but that was also part of his plan.

 “You see, the slime will notice that it might lose. He’s probably more intelligent than what I think he is. So, he will try to take the slaves nearby.”

 “But… some of them helped me…”

 “I bet they did. But!” Kenji put his finger up. “They stay on the lowest floor. That’s why you’ll make a ruckus. The slime will try to grab the slaves as a means to get more power. And while that happens, you 3 will save the slaves.” Lucy put her hand on her chest. “Only the ones who helped you. The others… meh.”

 She was taken aback, but she thought he was right. They wouldn’t be able to defend all of the slaves at the same time. Mr.Kenji is… Kind too. But also… realistic.

 With that in mind they did as he said, progressing smoothly. And another thing that Kenji talked about, was that the City’s Lord would be even more reckless than himself. And, he would bring Kasumi and Amara together with him, to the venue.

 Seeing all of that happening in front of them… Amara and Kasumi were with blank expressions. Is this guy being guided by master’s words? Was what they thought. It was not that Kenji had dictated that, but that prideful men would act all the same.

 When those two arrived at the venue, and saw what clothes Lucy had on her… He’s dead. Lucy was made to wear basically a silk nightgown, that basically focused on her curves.

 Lucy had a modest size chest, Kenji estimated to be between C- and D-cup. Not that the girls knew about that. Since Amara was first an Alraune monster, she had fine curves, so Kenji thought she might have been beyond DD. Again, not that the girls knew about this. He was even curious as to why Scan showed that to him.

 With the venue for the sacrifice packed with an enormous crowd, the City’s Lord was watching from a distance. He had a smug expression, showing how great he was. And, since Kenji showed what Amara and Kasumi could do on the encounter with him the last day, he was alone with those two.

 “Seriously? This guy is really-

 (Stupid? Fool? An idiot? I agree.)

 The two were talking via telepathy, so the lord wasn’t hearing them. And they averted their eyes to the docks, when the water started bubbling on a certain place. From there, the Giant emerged. But the 3 girls, as well as the entire city seeing the giant, were surprised.

 The giant had light-blue skin. But now, it had a deeper color of blue, and his eyes, which should have been an emerald green, were now completely black. Not only that, but… the tunic he was wearing before… wasn’t anywhere to see.

 (That’s not the giant.)

 Kasumi was the first to speak. And act.

 (Change of plans. That’s the slime! We need to act! Now!)

 Jumping off of the balcony, Kasumi rushed towards the docks.

 “What the?! Where is she going?! You’re my possession! I wil-GAHAH!”

 As soon as the lord started to talk, Amara got on her Giant She-Viper form, lashed her tail at his stomach, and rushed towards the docks as well.

 Kasumi’s words from before were right. That giant wasn't the one they saw 5 days ago. That was the slime, who took full control of the body. It could even be that the giant was gone, and now, there was only the slime.

 When Kasumi reached the docks, she fired lightning bolts, and fireballs towards the stretching hand of the Slime, making it flinch, and back away. In the meantime, Amara arrived, freeing Lucy from the poll she was before, and destroying the bracelet she had on her wrist.

 The bracelet was only a tool to make Lucy unable to rely on her STATUS. But now without it, she was free to act.

 “MR.KENJI!”

 The reason she was shouting was only because of what the situation had escalated to. Simply put, she didn’t think she would be wearing those kinds of clothes.

 (You can shout AFTER you dress up! Now go! We’ll cover you!)

 Kasumi, using her [Shadow Storage] skill, gave Lucy some clothes. Again, nothing really fancy, but better than the night gown she was wearing at the moment.

 She rushed to a nearby building, and changed there as fast as she could.

 Unbeknownst to him, Kenji was in a battle in the forest. Of course, not everything had gone according to his plan. Especially since he had found a Bloody Bear in the forest while killing small fries.

 As he wasn’t ready yet, the girls followed the plan, only acting sooner. Kasumi fired Lightning bolts, after noticing the fireballs were basically useless, since the Giant was an Ocean variant.

 The one who had a good compatibility with the slime, was Amara, since she had access to [Plant] and [Earth Magic], she had advantage on the situation. Alas, both of them couldn’t approach the slime. And worse, as soon as Amara was thinking of using her Necrotic Venom, she noticed the Slime had it too, so it would be useless.

 “I’m back!”

 With Lucy back… it became a problem, mainly for herself. The slime started focusing on her. Probably due to her STATUS being more interesting than the other two, or she had something the Slime was searching.

 “WHAT?! DAMMIT!”

 She activated her wings, flying around avoiding the tendrils that stretched from the slime. Lucy too, had some ace up her sleeves. She too, had [Lightning Magic], as well as [Wind Magic].

 They kept their distances, and fired spell after spell. And, like Kenji had predicted, the Slime got desperate, and noticed that close to the port, there was a cluster of entities there. Trudging towards the shop, the slime reaped the ceiling off of the building. When it did that, giant tendrils with some kind of jaw appeared, and entered the building.

 Screams were heard, but were gone in no time. Then, the slime returned to the giant's body, swelling up, and making strange noises. The 3 girls, obeying Kenji’s orders, acted to save the other slaves. Since the building had its upper floors destroyed, it was only a matter of time until the lower ones were destroyed too.

 “As Mr.Kenji ordered! Only the ones who helped!

 They did as Amara reminded them, freeing the slaves. The reason why no one had intervened, was simply because the city was in a ruckus, and no one would care about the slaves, since their own lives were more important.

 And the Slave Trader as well, since he had been devoured by the slime.

 “Hurry! We need to get out of here!”

 “You are…!”

 “No time to talk! You need to escape! Now!”

 The slaves were confused in seeing Lucy, with a completely different appearance from when she was still in that dirty cell.

 With smooth, black and white hair, yellow golden eyes, and completely back in shape. She had quite the body, now that she had a bit of flesh on her. Before, she was nothing more than skin and bones, but now? Nothing but a beautiful girl.

 “Head to the west of the city! It’s safe there! When you reach there…!”

 “Lucy! Look out!

 Amara’s words were a bit too late. When Lucy looked towards the source of Amara’s worries, tendrils got a hold of her. Some of the slaves tried to approach and help her, but weren’t able to help much.

 “GAAAAH!”

 The tendrils weren’t only holding her, but also burning her flesh. They started to get bigger by the time it approached the slime’s/giant’s body. She tried using her wings to get off of its grasp, but to no avail.

 Kasumi and Amara tried to approach and help as well, but strange aquatic monsters, that wouldn’t be able to survive off the water, were now on land. Just like the Giant’s body, the color of their scales and skin were darker, and they had limbs that shouldn’t be present normally.

 “NO! I!”

 She was basically too close now. She knew that it was the end. Of course, like most Isekais you read, the MC would arrive and deal with this problem. And here as well!

 “Don't worry, Lucy. For there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. In this case, an explosion!”

 A loud boom occurred, and Lucy was free of the clutches of the slime. The tendrils became nothing more than steam, and Lucy was falling quickly to the ground. Something, or better, someone, had held her into a bridal carry.

 As she opened her eyes, she saw her master, with lots of bruises and scratches through his face and body. His clothes were torn here and there, and she felt he was… flying?

 “Well. Gotta say though, Fujin proved to be quite the Relifact. Here is where you descend. Thanks for choosing the Kenjair.”

 She was put on the ground, and a small badge fell on her hand. It was the Shielding Badge Kenji had made before(Check Chap 16). It had a light-blue jewel in the middle, and 4 other jewels around it. If someone saw that, they would say it was a waste of jewels. Funny that they weren’t jewels.

 A dome-shaped barrier formed around her, and a soothing feeling reached her body. She felt the pain on her injuries being lessened, and her stamina returning.

 “After you’re back in shape, go and help those two against those monsters, would you?” He pointed towards the fox and giant snake fighting. “HEY! KASUMI! STORE THEIR BODIES! THEY MIGHT HELP ME OUT WITH THE ADAPTIVE METAL FROM BEFORE!”

 With a shout, the fox let him know she would do it.

 Lucy glanced at what was keeping Kenji floating, and gasped in surprise, and awe.

 A dark green board with white, and some kind of circles around it, maintained Kenji floating. The board turned around in a fluid motion, and Kenji was now glaring at the Giant/Slime.

 “So~ You took control of his body, huh? Good. I don’t need to care about you guys either!”

 His voice sounded… different. And even the mood around him was different. What… Happened? Lucy asked herself.

 That was all thanks to [Killing Instinct] though. He was only angry. Nothing much. Well, the slime/giant would suffer for that. And oh, the City’s Lord even more, after he found out what he had made Lucy wear for the sacrifice.

 “NOW THEN! LET’S DANCE!”

 With a shock wave produced by the hover-board, Kenji flew quickly, around the giant/slime and started his own show.

 Finishing the hunt in the forest took a little bit more than I had thought. If it wasn’t by a Bloody Bear, that is. Fucking bear! Fortunately, with that bear appearing, I reached at least 34% of the boost. My STATUS was like this. (First numbers, normal STATUS. In parentheses, boosted STATUS)

STATUS –

Name: Kenji Species: Human Age: 15 Years
XP: 162’120 / 162’120 LVL: 15 / 15 (↑3) SP: 36’120 (↑6’966)
HP: 1’247 / 2’100 (2814) MP: 8’607 / 10’800 (14472)
STR: 1’200 (1608) INT: 2’850 (3819)
CON: 1’350 (1809) AGI: 3’150 (4221)
DEX: 3’000 (4020) LUK: 20 (13)

 I knew very well that even with this small boost, it wouldn't be enough. Also, [Anarchy] Leveled up while in the forest. When I glanced at how much of a boost I received now… 85%. So, it adds 35% per Level. THAT’S OP!

 Well, with the LUK I have now, I could fall into a really bad situation. WHO CARES?! With Gemetzel in hand, and with a big Fire Crystal inside, I shot a series of times. With the slight boost on STR, I could hold it with more ease. Not with only one hand yet, though.

 My Stats weren’t at full capacity, and I am crazy enough to come and try to fight this kind of powerhouse. Its STATUS are even higher than before. But… It’s stupid for not using that at his favor. Actually, can it use all of those perks with that size?

 “AAAAAHHH~~!

 That was the slime/giant screaming in pain. The giant could be an ocean variant, and very resistant to fire, but… the slime wasn’t. So, with that, the Gemetzel was perfect!

 Each shot was aimed where there was a big concentration of the slime.

 “Tch! I need the full boost!”

 Avoiding the tendrils trying to hit me, I put Gemetzel on my back, pulling Satz and shooting at the monsters on land. Reloading Satz is becoming a huge problem. I could reload super fast, but not that fast yet. I needed something with a rapid fire rate, but with no problems towards reloading. Note to self: Make something back on capital. Those Magic Guns might be a good thing after all.

 The slime noticed my tactic, since he probably used that himself, and tried to stop me.

 “NAH-AH-AH! HERE! THOUGHT YOU MIGHT LIKE THIS!”

 Tossing four grenades at its tendrils, they exploded, taking a chunk of not only the tendrils, but also from its body. Around the docks, I tossed the pulse grenades, making the monsters squirm in agony, since they were Aquatic Monsters, and the grenades made out of lightning. Would you look at that? The slime on them is evaporating.

 Looking at the effects of the grenades, I took some distance, and rushed towards the slime. It noticed me, and opened its mouth… like really freaking big!  The mouth ranged from its head, to its chest. Good thing I’m not playing Jonah. With that, I tossed 5 charges of Zerstörer, and avoided by a hair’s breadth the slime’s mouth.

 “Heh! The situation asks for it… TASTY!”

 The body swelled up, and a big chunk of the body was gone. The left side of the body was completely gone now. Only a big hole was now in place. Seeing that, I wasn’t satisfied though. Maneuvering around, I approached the slime once again, tossing another two charges on its back.

 With that, another explosion occurred. Looking to the docks, where the girls were fighting, the monsters froze, and fell on the ground, limp. They didn’t understand very well, but Kasumi acted and stored the bodies. Nice one.

 Looking at the giant’s body, now slumped at the docks, the slime was crawling ever so slowly on the wood. When I approached, it jumped towards me, probably trying to get a new host. Not today Dumbass.

 Rapidly grabbing Gemetzel in hands, I simply shot. The bullet and fire engulfed the slime completely, and the fire hit the slime, transforming it into nothing but steam. When the steam was gone, only a medium sized cardboard box core was in place.

 It had a jet black color, and I couldn’t see the other side of it. With the MPD in hand, I scanned the core… And oh boy, I knew I had a big grin on my face.

Many THANKS for the reading~! And here I thought this Arc would be small~ It's not over yet, though!

43