Chapter 10
3k 8 105
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just like any DMMO-RPGs that Yuki have played, it all started in black surrounding.

After Yuki logged in, everything became black so suddenly. Then, he slowly regains his vision as usual.

"... Mmm, is this... where is this?"

When he completely regain his vision. He finds himself standing in the middle of a hall that looks like a royal palace.

It was identical to the Ainz's base guild in anime but fancier and less scary. It was like a palace for royal kings and queens.

On the edge of his vision, there are multiple windows floating and following his line of sight no matter where he looks.

Yuki knows what this is, it was shown in the anime in the very first episode. It was one of the YGGDRASIL's game Interface.

At the right bottom, of his vision, one can see a little box that was showing a little map of the area around him, the map was really limited and cannot be used for checking long distant places. And at the very top, there's a long rectangular window that was displaying his current location inside the game.

"... Waiting area? Oh, right! I forgot that there's something like this in YGGDRASIL."

The waiting area is a platform space where players can enter to meet friends before diving for a game session in YGGDRASIL.

The area acts similar to VR chat, back in Yuki's Original world. It is where players can congregate via their own avatars.

In this area, Yuki was not alone. There are at least fifty of them in this area. When Yuki arrived in the waiting room, there are at least three of them there. But as he checks the game interface, the number of people in the waiting room keeps on increasing as time goes by.

But the only thing that Yuki noticed is that all the people around him are using the same avatars.

They're all using an avatar that is shaped like a human, but it is all colored white. It is like the only avatar that all players can use in the game [ Shadow Battle ] that Yuki used to play, but instead of all black, it's all white.

Yuki was also using the same avatar, so he guessed that this might be the default avatar if you are new in YGGDRASIL and haven't created your own yet.

He brought up his own console and found out that his guess was correct.

He only found one thing in his console and that is, to make his very own avatar or character first before he can gain access to his console.

"... Um, excuse me?"

But before he can press the button to start creating his own character, someone approached him.

"... Uh, yes?" Yuki responded to the white person in front of him. (AN: Just In case, that's not a racist word. What in front of him was a literal white person.)

"... Oh hey, is this also your first time in this kind of game?" The white person asked.

Judging from the demeanor of the white person in front of him. Yuki can already guess what does he want from him.

"... Oh yeah, It's my first time too. I literally have no idea what am I supposed to do. haha."

"... Is that so, that's too bad. Alright, sorry for disturbing you, I'll go ahead there and try to find someone that knows this kind of game haha, bye."

"... Yeah."

Yuki waved him goodbye and the white guy proceed to run on the other direction to bother someone else.

"... What is this? SAO? I'm sorry brother but I'm not Kirito and I don't need any training montage right now."

Yuki turns his focus again in the console and clicks the button so he can start creating his own character.

*Blink*

Many introductions appeared In front of him and guides on how to properly create your own character. After reading it all, he proceeds to continue and three choices appeared in front of him.

|•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••|

| Humanoid Race |

- A race that had a Human-like appearance.

| Demi-Human Race |

- Variation of the human race with some bestial features.

| Heteromorphic Race |

- Also known as Inhuman or Monster Races.

|•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••|

"... Hmm, most of these people would probably choose a human. I know that human is good and has a potential especially when maxed out but, I don't want that. I want those juicy racial classes. But if I'm correct, Heteromorphic has a much better racial class stats than the Demi-Human. The discrimination about Heteromorphic has yet to start too so its a pretty good start for me. If someone saw me, I think that they won't attack me if I say to them that I'm also a player. But if things go south, I'll just handle it, I'm confident about my abilities anyway." Yuki said as he fidget with the screen he was seeing.

The discrimination that Yuki was talking, is about Pking other players.

In YGGDRASIL, you will be penalized if you kill another player.

Thus, In Ainz's time when he was still playing YGGDRASIL, Heteromorphic races were very unpopular because PKing a Heteromorphic player doesn't give any penalty to the player that did it.

Added to that was. In YGGDRASIL, if you died in-game no matter what the reason was, you will drop one of your equipped items the moment you died in-game.

And the rate of dropping your most important and powerful items and equipment is so high that most of the players in-game were not equipping all of their powerful items and equipment, except when they were about to raid a dungeon since you can't clear a dungeon with a half-ass items.

With the sum of all those reasons, all of that is what makes killing a Heteromorphic better than a regular monster. Not that you will get more experience than the regular monsters, you will even get an item once you killed them, and you will also unlock a secret reward and class if you kill a certain number of Heteromorphs.

That's why in the future, discriminations about Heteromorphic race will surely happen since their role in-game was an enemy of all the players in the first place.

He scrolls the list from the top to the very bottom just to see if there's some race in the game that he didn't know and much more powerful.

But no, there's nothing new. It's all the same as what he thinks that that would be on the list.

"... That might be a reason but these players around me are still nothing but noobs. hehe."

Yuki selected the Heteromorphic class and a long list of racial classes appears in front of him.

Yuki scrolls the list and checks every single one of them. While he was doing this, he noticed that there are many people in the waiting room already. Most of the people in that one thousand that is picked to play the YGGDRASIL earlier than others must have been here already.

He also noticed that some of them have already created their own avatars and characters.

"... See? I predicted it."

Most of the players that Yuki saw, has Humanoid avatars such as, Elf, dark elf, Rainbow eye, Winged elf, Sharp horn, Winged human, and of course, the majority of them, Humans.

He did see a very few ones that picked the Demihuman but he saw no one that chooses the Heteromorphic as their chosen race.

"... Oh, they're already jumping in-game?"

Yuki saw that some of the players that have finished creating their character have suddenly disappear. Yuki thought that they already dived inside the game already since its your only destination after you finish creating a character.

".. I think I should hurry up"

He turn his attention to the list of racial classes again and searches for a particular class.

".. Oh found it. The insect class. I think that this is one of the most powerful classes, just like Touch me. And for the species.... Mmm, let's see.... I think I will go for a sanguine mosquito. Then I can evolve myself as a sanguine queen later and once I go towards the New World I can breed for a lot of different types of Sanguine Mosquitos to fight for me and I can literally do nothing and let them do all the work... Kyahaha, This probably the most op class ever, yeah let's go with this."

Yuki said as he voices out his great plan that he was planning from the start.

"... But of course, I'm kidding, who would think of something so stupid like that. Bwahaha!"

Then, Yuki continues to scroll until he spots his real target.

[ Vampire ]

".. Yeah, this bad boy right here. In the anime, Shalltear was one of the strongest NPC in Nazarick. All of her stats were also balanced too. And that was just an NPC, if I play this right, I can literally do much better in the long run."

He chooses the vampire without hesitation and an image of an ugly looking creature appears in front of him.

"... Uwah, GODDAMMIT. They said that Vampire in YGGDRASIL is really ugly but I did not expect it to be like this." He look at the ugly image in front of him and think about something for a second.

"... Uhh, looks aren't important right now anyway so I think its pretty fine, but if I want to make this guy a better-looking one, I need a Creator tool. But I don't have that yet so I can't, but right now, I can still make this a bit more descent, or... wait why do I need to make it descent anyway? I'm supposed to be a scary monster, a creature that people will make a run for their money the moment they see my face."

Yuki said as he keeps thinking of ways to make the Strigoi like vampire scarier but less ugly. He wants it to be a thing that looks like it comes out of a horror movie or something. But he didn't also want to equip have a hideous and ugly looking avatar so he is really thinking of ways to do that.

After a minute of thinking, he turned his focus again on the screen and crack his virtual knuckles and said.

".. Alright, let's get this bad boy in shape." Yuki said while having sinister smile on his imaginary face."

105