1.02 Y
26 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

York deployed his parachute to slow his descent and crashed through the trees before hitting the ground in a roll.

Upon removing himself from the ground, York glanced around at the dark surroundings. Forest. All was quiet save for the crickets which sang their nightly song, the wildlife having scattered due to the disturbance that they most likely have caused. 

"Status report. All agents roll call alphabetically." Agent V's voice called through his helmet.

"Agent O, Present" a deep voice spoke. 

"Understood. Agent T reporting in" came a crisp reply. 

"Agent V copy that." Agent V said.

"Agent X reporting in" a soft voice whispered.

"Agent Y reporting in" Yukon spoke.

"Anyone has eyes on the cargo?" Agent V asked and X replied to her.

"Cargo confirmed to have safely landed. Shall I place a waypoint for you all to follow?" 

"Copy that. You are to go ahead with that signal Agent X" Agent V replied. Not long afterwards an alert was sent through his helmet alongside coordinates not far from York's present location. 

"Looks like I have a jog ahead of me." York groaned.  York took off at a steady pace, the longer he was separated from the rest of the squad the easier it was for his foes to pick him off.  

Pacing himself, York tore through the forest making sure his steps avoided the flora and undergrowth. As much as he hated the helmets he was glad that it included night vision else he would have long since tripped. 

"Beware! Sensors around the premise so watch your steps." Agent T exclaimed. 

York sharped his senses as he looked around trying to find the tell-tale signs of sensors. Some were obvious, glowing red or green dots that shown bright in the night. Others less so, as they were hidden under leaves, dirt or in bushes. 

Thankfully he was able to avoid tripping any of the sensors and arrived at the cargo that Agent X had marked to find three others waiting. 

"Just waiting on Agent O now, that big guy would have trouble navigating without tripping the sensors." Agent V chuckled. 

"Question. Can we unlock this cargo pod now? Else. Should we wait for Agent O?" Agent T asked and Agent V glanced at the group, at her wrist before at the pod. 

"Permission granted, We can't exactly go into the party dressed like this. Mission Control had informed me that the cargo has a limousine alongside it  is a various outfits for us to blend in with the party."

The four agents went over to the box and opened it to find a padded interior with a limousine just as Agent V had explained. Beside them were racks upon racks of clothing strapped to the interior walls and bolted to the floor. 

"Dress up ladies and gents, we have a party to attend. We will need a chauffeur to drive this limousine so X I'll leave that roll for you to fill.  Agent O will act as a bodyguard for us distinguished ladies and Y can be a butler." Agent V teased as she pulled out a red dress

York brushed past them as he looked at a row of suits... all of them looked the same! He glanced toward his compatriots to see them expertly picking through the racks of clothing as if they knew what to look for. 

A butler... York knew that he wasn't raised in the pristine environment that high society loved... but his mom did make sure he was well-mannered so maybe he could pull off being a butler.  They had those fancy suits and white undershirts and gloves right? But would they put on a mask for this event?

After a bit York finally decided upon a dress shirt, a vest and a tailcoat and slacks alongside polished dress shoes. Upon his arms he had white gloves pulled taut  alongside a watch to complete the look.

Agent V had stressed that they would be wearing masks as well so he pulled on a sad theater mask. 

York turned around to find the others had finished dressing save for Agent O who had joined them shortly after they cracked the crate. 

Two ladies stood in their evening dresses. Acorn skin with lush burnt orange hair that hung in locks around her neck complimented the fiery orange dress that she wore. As for the other. Waves of brown hair fell to the chin as Ivory skin shown in the moonlight with the red and blue dress that interwove with each other forming an intriguing pattern. Each of them wearing Victorian-era masks. 

Agent X stood at the side dressed in a simple vest, an undershirt with a high collar, and with white gloves. A mouth mask on his face and tinted-shades covered his eyes.  Interestingly enough he had painted an X on the mask as well. 

Joining the four of them Agent O dressed with an Oni mask while wearing a bulletproof vest and a dress shirt and pants. Boots adorn his feet. 

With everyone ready Yukon and the rest climbed into the limousine as Agent X started the engines.

"Um... What are we going to do with the rest of the clothing? Our gear?" York asked to which Agent V informed them. "The agency will be sending someone to acquire them shortly." 

"How will we know who Agent A is?" Agent O asked 

"Agent A will be wearing an accessory in the shape of stars. In addition to that the letter A will be part of her uniform so seek her out using this information.  As for how she will confirm that we are the correct person to send the information with we will have  pendants in the shape of tear drops.  She will asked a question to which the answer will be "Nonsense, I'm only here for business... however, the dark moon shines tonight." 

"Arriving in the premise." Agent X announced and everyone stopped talking. 

"Welcome to the Mansion of Lord De'Monticourt, can I see the invitation?" a guard asked.

Agent X nodded before he opened up the compartment and pulled out an envelope. 

"Hmm... Lady Terra and Lady Victoria of the ABC company? Looks like everything is in order." The guard said and he waved them through.

The car drove forward passed a large accented gate to reveal a garden filled with hedges. 

"Seems like the good lord likes his share of hedge mazes" Agent V smirked, York recognized her as the ivory-skinned woman that spoke.

"Escape. Would we be able to with these hedges." Agent T asked. 

"It is a possibility." Agent O added.

"They are unknown territory. Agent A has mapped the interior as she has a position in there. As for the outside she has no intel that she was able to send over." Agent V explained.

"Arriving!" Agent X called from the front and he parked. York knew it was his time to shine so he cautiously stepped out of the car by opening the door and holding out his hand.

"What a gentleman." Agent V giggled as she took it. 

Agent V stepped out of the limousine and flattened her dress as she waited for Agent T to step out alongside York's help.

Agent O simply got out himself and proceeded to stand beside the two as they turned to enter. 

"Yukon dear, would you be so kind as to gather a few drinks for us." Agent V asked, a smile gracing her face and York gulped. "Of course milady." York coughed out before scurrying away. 


The party was going on full swing. The sounds of opera and violins permeated through the surroundings as big wigs and beautiful ladies mingled and discussed. Meanwhile York looked around to find this Agent A person that he was here to find. 

Of course the agency couldn't give her physical description since they wanted to keep their agent's identities a secret... yet here they were able to see some physical features of the other agents. He now knew that Agent V had ivory skin... They knew that he had dark brown hair the color of dirt. 

"Excuse me? Can I have two drink please?" York asked a server standing by the wall, a tray of drinks in their hands.

"Here you are sir!" The server nodded and with the drinks in hand York made his way through the crowd as he searched some more. 

Who was he suppose to find? Stars... stars can be anywhere... Agent V only said it was an accessory but anything can be an accessory... was it earrings? A bracelet? Necklace or locket?  

York moved through the crowd, searching. For the person with the star accessory. For the Letter A on their clothing the tell-tale sign of Agent A. 

York moved with a purpose, he was a man who was seeking something, someone. A quick scan on his surroundings still failed to accomplish his goal as he didn't recognize anyone around him. 

"My sense of perception is still crap" Yukon grimaced to himself, he gazed at people's masks, at their style of dress and the air around them only to find that they all melded into one collective. They all felt the same to him... and from the movies he had watched that was dangerous. 

Of course the Agency gave him a crash course in basic training... but that was basic training. To think they'd send him in on missions as soon as he stepped out of the selection process... 

York sighed, trying to keep in check his frustration at how useless he felt when a pair of hands wrapped around him from behind. 

"Someone seems to be a bit frustrated tonight... it's not good to show it in the middle of the ballroom." A sultry voice whispered near his ear sending shivers up York's spine. York froze as uncertainty overtook his mind. What was he suppose to do here? Does he ask what she wanted? Does he ask who she is?  How was he suppose to identify who Agent A was again?

"I wa… was only getting drinks for milady... wo...would you like for me to get you anything mam?" York stuttered and the female laughed. 

"I'd like for you to give me a bit of your time so you can... relax... you're positively shaking in your boots. If Lord De'Monticourt saw you he'd have you punished for being such a nervous wreck. It makes him look bad you see." 

Did he really stand out that much? Was it a mistake to have him come along for this mission? 

"Nonsense, I am here for business...  though the dark moon rises tonight." York said. 

The person behind him pauses and then he is let go. "I would like for you to deliver some food and drinks for me in this private room." The voice whispered and York felt a piece of paper being slipped into his pockets. 

York felt the girl slip away from him and he scanned the room for a familiar face... or in this case a familiar outfit. York wasn't sure if he had been contacted by Agent A... but he knew that going alone, especially since he was so untrained, was just asking for trouble. He had to find a partner to back him up... and fast. 

York scoured the room and then he remembered that they also all had communication devices that they could speak to each other. Putting one of the glasses down, York put a hand to his ear as if he was receiving some information and activated the commlink in his sleeve. 

"O. Can you relay where you and V are. I think A talked to me." Y spoke into his coms.

"V is on the dance floor with some noble, we can meet with you afterwards." O replied "T is nearby so I can send her over, where do you want to meet?" 

"Let us meet at the food table." York looked toward the giant buffet style table. 

"Roger that, I'll escort the ladies to the meeting area" Agent O confirmed and he cut off his mic.

York breathed out to calm his nerves. "I hope this goes well." He said to himself, and he disappeared into the crowd.

Unbeknownst to him the pair of eyes watching his movements, or the foot that took a step forward in the same direction as he went. 

0