Chapter 1: Raxus Prime
923 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

22BBY

Atin Kryze was not a normal child, the day he was born the nursing droid stated he would most likely not last the month. That same nursing droid Would have mistaken the child for a stillborn had his mother not insisted on holding him and seeing the rise and fall of his little chest as he drew breath. born out of wedlock to the dutchess of Mandalore and a father most believed to have died during the last Mandalorian civil war, the child outlasted the nursing droids predictions growing stronger every day, earning the name his mother had bestowed him. Atin, an ancient Mandalorian name meaning persistence, stubbornness and tenacity. Although Atin lived and grew, the boy did not develop normally. Atin had emerald eyes, much Like his aunt Bo-Katan Kryze and jet black hair unlike anyone else in his clan, most assumed he got it from his father's side. learning to speak only after the age of 4 and only to his mother along with a few trusted caretakers. Even then, speaking in broken sentences or single worded requests was the most anyone would be able to get from the boy. Physically the boy was much smaller and fragile compared to others his age but when it came to matters of the mind, Atin far surpassed the rest. He had a natural affinity for machines so exaggerated the Armourers of Mandalore once tried to convince the dutchess to let them raise him as one of their own. this request was quickly shot down by the dutchess.

The year was now 22BBY and Atin's 14th birthday was being celebrated by a small group consisting of his mother, Her close friend Padme Amadala and the few caretakers he was close enough with to speak to.
After Atin blew out the candles Dutchess Satine looked to her son and asked,

"Is there anything special you want?"

Atin, face expressionless replies, "I want to go to Cantobite."

This reply stunned every person in the room as it had not only been the longest sentence the young man had uttered in his 14 years of life, but the request was to go to Cantobite, a planet famous for its casinos, cruel animal sports and rampant slavery.

"Can I ask why you would want to go to such a dangerous planet, my dear?" the dutchess asked with what one could only describe as a tone that said over my dead body.

Atin Pulled a holoprojector out of his pocket, after activating it he pointed toward the flyer displayed in front of him. the flyer advertised the unveiling of the new model of X wing fighter jets set to hit the market soon. Atin, with the same deadpan expression, stared at his mother unwilling to take his eyes off her for even a second. Other than Padme, everyone present knew this was as close to an argument the two would ever come and a battle of wills between mother and son was already underway. Seconds passed, turning into minutes before Padme broke the silence.

"What's the harm in letting him go?" only to be met with a glare from the dutchess. Padme carried on, "at his age, we were contesting seasoned politicians and thwarting assassination attempts, what's a little trip to Cantobite when you can assign one of your protectors to escort him. One Mandalorian guard and the kids sure to be fine." Pausing for a moment and moving closer to Satine Padme states almost in a whisper, "he has to learn to stand on his own feet if he's to survive in this world, you have to be willing to take the risk of losing him for him to grow."

Frustrated at the logic her friend used Satine lets out a long heavy sigh "Fine you can go, but you'll have to go with who I choose, on whatever ship I choose and follow all the rules I set." Atin Kryze looked at his mother with what one could describe as almost half a smile and nodded before leaving the room and moving toward his chambers.

"Great. now I have to find a ship and guard free to travel to Cantobite." Satine says while giving Padme a sideglance, "whatever shall I do? all my available ships are occupied providing relief to War-torn outer rim planets and as a result, I have none to spare to grant my sons birthday wish." Smiling all the while she knowingly looks Padme directly in the eyes.

Feeling the gaze Padme sighs in surrender, "Fine, he can take my J type. I was the one who said to let him go after all."

Satine pipes up, "Great! only the most luxurious ship in the galaxy will do for my boy."

Padme stares at the dutchess of Mandalore with disbelief in her eyes

1 Week Later

The alarms of the modified J-type 327 Nubian starship blared as Atin Kryze experienced Terror for the first time in his life. though it did not show on his face he felt nothing but horror as he stared at his dead caregivers and the headless protector before him.

General Grievous held Atin off the ground by the throat and started speaking, "Perhaps my information is wrong...... the spawn of general Kenobi and the duchess of Mandalore would not be so weak and feeble." Grievous Squeezed the boys throat hoping to get a reaction only to be met with the same blank stare as before. Woom, frustrated Grievous swings one of his lightsabers slicing off Atins right arm just below the shoulder. a choked scream tried to escape his mouth, stopped forcefully by the iron grip around his neck, tears streaming down the young mans face the abject terror felt now showed clearly on his face. "That's more like it. it's no fun if prey doesn't fight back." Woom, with a dull thud, Atins left leg hit the floor Resulting in Grievous muffling another scream from the boy before feeling him go limp. "Hm? is that all? passed out already?" Grievous lifts the boy to up his face only to see him fully awake and once again wearing that same deadpan expression he had before. Woom, the boy's right leg falls to the floor. But there's no resulting scream, no regret in the boys' eyes, nothing showing off the terror he Displayed before. Furious, Grievous Tosses the boy, sending him crashing into a nearby wall. "Pathetic." Grievous Raises his lightsabre, ready to end the young man's life. Swinging down Grievous comes to an abrupt halt, his body seemingly frozen mid-swing.

"Whew. That was close," The Presence stepped out of the rift and looked at the scene before of him. Waving his hand, Grievous disengaged his lightsabres and silently walked to the controls of the ship before putting in new coordinates and promptly leaving. Kneeling next to the unresponsive boy the presence put his hand in the boy's chest pulling out what seemed to be a rapidly fading ball of light, reaching under his hat The Presence muttered a few words before retrieving the half of Damien's soul he had stored there. Bringing the two masses of light together. the half of Damien's soul wrapped itself around Atins before blending into one and floating back toward Atins mangled body.

"That's all I can do for you now boy, The rest is up to you." The Presence takes one last look at the star map and watches as the ships new destination blinks on the system. Raxus Prime

16