Chapter 11: Vs Cydon Pt 2
596 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Atin had long since noticed that Cydon's armour was maintaining his body temperature, this was a trait commonly seen in suits designed to keep cold-blooded species comfortable when interacting with the galaxy at large. This was also his best chance at victory and his current plan hinged on the fact that his opponent was cold-blooded. He was currently behind Cydon, and his previous experiences taught him that as soon as he fired a shot the shoulder-mounted blaster would lock on to his location and return fire. Putting his plan into action, he aimed at the slight bulge on the back of Cydon's armour and threw his activated electrostaff.

Bzzzzzzzzzt- "AAAArrrrrrrgggggggggggg ill kill you for that brat!"

The shock baton hit its mark and disabled the suit's temperature maintenance functions as well as the targeting system as it electrocuted Cydon. The bulge on the back of Cydon's suit was now smoking with the occasional burst of sparks lighting his surroundings.

"So that's what you've been trying to do, I just assumed you liked being toyed with by teenagers."

Atin's voice echoed in the darkness as he goaded the bounty hunter, it seemed to work because shortly after an infuriated roar cydon charged in his direction. This was exactly what he had wanted, as Cydon got closer the sparks coming from his suit Illuminated Atin's smiling face and a feeling of dread drowned his rage when he saw the detonator in the young man's hand. Click-

beep beep beep, Cydon heard a noise above him and looked up to see multiple containers peppered with blinking red lights resting on a conveyor belt. 'BOOOOM' the explosives went off destroying the containers they were stuck to and released a wave of cooling fluid, seeing the incoming wave cydon tried to dive out of the way, but it was too late, and as he dove, a wave of cooling fluid washed over him. The Cooling fluid itself wasn't inherently cold, what it was designed for was drawing the heat out of the components it was pumped through, and that's exactly what it was doing now. Feeling the heat leave his body a sense of panic overtook cydon, he tore off his helmet revealing a reptilian face with a large jaw filled to the brim with square teeth and a crown of horns adorning the base of his skull. A high pitched Screech escaped his mouth as he tried to pry off the rest of his armour, Atin took full advantage of this and activated his vibroblade, launching himself toward the flailing bounty hunter and drove it into his chest. The vibroblade tore into the white armour as if cutting through butter, not stopping until only the hilt of the blade remained, the high pitch Screech died down to a soft wine as Cydon went limp and the light left his eyes.

Although the shock baton disabled most of the suit's functions, Cydon's comms were still fully operational and hearing his death throes sent a cold shiver down the young Boba Fett's spine. Although he wasn't a match for his father, Boba knew Cydon wasn't an easy man to beat and that whoever was capable of beating him would most definitely come after him next. For a moment, Boba considered trying to complete the mission but decided against fighting an unknown enemy on his home ground, Starting up the starfighter, Boba took one last look at the cave entrance and took off, heading toward the Hardcell-class interstellar transport ship that served as their base of operations.

After detecting Separatist activity on the planet of Raxus Prime, the republic decided to send a strike force led by Aniken Skywalker and Obi-wan Kenobi. As the transport ship entered the planet's atmosphere, captain Rex spoke,

"Commander, We've spotted a separatist starfighter leaving the atmosphere, heading toward the transport ship we took note of before, should we pursue?"

Obi-wan Answers," No, we're here for an investigation, not a fight, not yet anyway, track the ship's trajectory and see where it came from, we might be able to figure out why the separatist have taken such an interest in this planet."

"Yes, commander" Rex answered.

A few minutes later, the transport ship landed outside a cave entrance, staring at a holo-pad Obi-wan turned to Aniken, "the signal from Padme's J-type came from here as well."

Aniken stared at his master, he had long since noticed that Obi-wan was distracted and decided to question his master "What did the dutchess of Mandalore say to you to have you so distracted, I heard from Padme that her son was possibly on this planet, but that can't be the reason you're like this."

Obi-wan hesitated for a moment before he answered, "Our, our son" and started walking toward the entrance.

"Wait, what!? you can't just walk away after dropping that bomb" Aniken chased after his master and continues, "I have to hear this story."

Before they could reach the entrance, a floating medical droid entered their vision. "Greetings republic soldiers, the young master has instructed me to escort you through the cave, if you would be so kind as to follow." Floaty gestured toward the cave entrance as he spoke to the Jedi.

A few minutes earlier

Atin sat on the dead bounty hunters stomach, staring at the mixture of blood, vomit and cooling fluid spilling onto the floor around him. 'I have to get used to this, or I won't survive long.' Wiping the remaining vomit off his chin he stood up shouted, "It's safe to come out now."

Floaty hovered toward him and spoke, "well done young master, but it seems we cannot afford to celebrate just yet."

"Did his partner enter the cave?" asked Atin,

"No, his partner took off shortly after you defeated the bounty hunter," Floaty answered.

"Then what is it?" inquired Atin,

"it Seems republic soldiers have just landed outside the cave entrance, two Jedi accompanied by a squad of clone troopers," Floaty answered.

"So the signal did get out," stated atin as he stood up, "that's the best news we could get right now, lead them past the traps, let's see what we're dealing with."

12