Story time
145 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Buggy was all smiles as he walked into the bar with the dried blood on his body. People were curious as to what happened to him, but Buggy did not answer them yet. Instead, he walked over next to Wolf and Kuro as he plopped himself down right next to them.

“Gimmie the best you have.”

Buggy told the bartender.

“Care to share?”

Wolf asked Buggy as he paused his conversation with Kuro.

“Red ran wild. He got into it with some noble and a few others, eventually, we had to leave but not before he secured some cash.”

Alvida told Wolf as she walked past the three of them and went to find her a place amongst the others in the tavern. She told it pretty flat, without any real excitement. Something that disappointed Buggy a bit, considering it did not make him seem grand at all.

He was Buggy the Great, a man that would have stories told about him for generations to come. What Alvida said was not a tale fitting of his name.

“She’s downplaying it a lot.”

Buggy assured Wolf as he grabbed the mug the bartender just sat down in front of him.

“I was not going to say much about it, but since you want me to share. I have to listen to your orders. It all started when the magnificent me stepped off the ship. All eyes were on me. I try to hide my strength, but it seems to leak out and others notice. My presence captivated them that I was the talk of the town.”

Buggy started his story right from the very beginning. And as he spoke, Wolf wanted to laugh. He doubted the citizens of this place were observing Buggy due to his strength, but more so to his looks. The clown was not one to shy away from all the makeup, and his outrageous look definitely caused people to look at him more than once. However, it was not for the reason he stated.

Kuro thought the same and did not want to hear any more of it. He could tell that Buggy was about to inflate the entire tale, exaggerating everything. Thus, Kuro turned his head and focused on his drink.

The other crew members were curious about the story and what was going on, so they closed in. Eventually, a circle was made around Buggy with everyone listening to his grand adventure. Whether they believed him or not was another story, but for now, Wolf was just glad that everyone was enjoying the moment.

“That’s when he came back. I let him off gently, showing the noble mercy, yet he had the audacity to return. But, at least he had the brains to bring twenty men with him. He knew my power and feared it as he should have, that is why he stayed in the back. Watching me exit the store with the child by my side with her brand new toy. Shielding her, I pointed my dagger at the ungrateful man and asked him if he really wanted things to go down this way. Know what he said? He wanted my blood!”

Buggy made a shocked expression as he played the role of the noble, Alvida, and himself.

Wolf told Kuro he was leaving before he vanished, giving Buggy more room to work with as he told his story. Buggy himself did notice Wolf leave but said nothing and kept everyones attention on himself. Seeing these people he joined laugh and accept him felt good.

Although, Buggy still made plans to overthrow Wolf, the clown had to give his current boss credit. Things were going well for them thus far, and he gave Buggy a lot of freedom. That and the people around him seemed to take interest in him, which was new.

As far as he could recall, there were only a handful of people that Buggy knew that actually paid him attention. One was around his age, but annoyingly kind that it made Buggy disgusted at times.

Outside the tavern Wolf looked around the city. It was still sunny out and Wolf had to find the place Kuro told him about. He was curious how much money a noble in decline had to spare, and how much the man thought his life was worth.

Thus Wolf began to walk. As he did, his mind wandered back to Shiki, the cursed revolver. Wolf wanted that gun, but he did not want to steal it. Not that he couldn’t do it, but for some reason he just felt that he should not do that. There had to be more to that mysterious man and Shiki than what was revealed. Wolf felt it in his gut.

He forgot to mention it to Kuro, but he would bring up the topic later. It would not be too late then, and with Kuro’s experiences with travel he was sure to have an answer. That, or Wolf could ask Buggy. The red nosed man was foolish at times, but Buggy also seemed to have more knowledge than the rest of them. Maybe even more than Kuro.

As Wolf walked the streets, he came across a white brick building two stories high. Looking at the map Kuro gave him Wolf turned his head left and could see a mansion three stories high. There was nothing special about the place, but from what Kuro told him this declining noble was sure to have treasure inside his home.

Wolf did not feel bad for them at all, especially after what he saw. If slavery was this common, he had a feeling that these nobles owned a lot of different species.

‘I should leave a message behind. But not here… Buggy said there was an auction. That sounds like a proper place to make a scene instead.’ Wolf thought to himself as he headed towards the three story tall mansion.

7