Theft
161 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The mansion lacked any guards, thus sneaking in was easy for Wolf. He simply created a portal to make his way past the gate and another one to enter through an open window. His devil fruit ability was very versatile and although he was still developing it even further, he sometimes questioned how far his range reached. At the beginning, it was any place he could visually see he could move to, but that was no longer the case after all these years of practice. Once he was able to move from one side of the island to the other. As long as he knew where it was he wanted to go, he was able to go there. But to what extent did it reach?

This was his first time off the island and Wolf wanted to test it out to see if he could return to Lougetown, but decided he should wait a little longer. At least until his crew was settled and they were going to tackle the Grandline. Then he could meet them at Lougetown before they set off, to see if he was truly capable of doing such a feat. If that were to be the case, then the possibilities were endless.

For now, though, Wolf crept his way through the white marble halls of the mansion. He spotted a few paintings that could sell for some money, but left them where they were because that would mean he'd need to find a buyer. It would take too much time, versus if he were just to take away all the cash this place had hidden.

As he walked the halls, he noticed the picture of a young boy with blonde hair on a desk. He was all by himself, compared to the happy images of everyone else. There were two adults, one male and one female that looked to be the young boy's parents. However, there was also another figure, one more young boy that looked nothing like the two adults. Wolf barely paid any attention and focused on the blonde young boy instead.

He almost laughed hysterically as he picked up the picture. This was the same kid that stole that empty bag from him. Kind of funny how the kid robbed him and now he was here robbing the kid's family. Strange how fate worked. 

His ears twitched as he heard someone coming up the flight of stairs. Wolf waited a while and as soon as they emerged he vanished right behind them. With one swift motion, he knocked the maid unconscious and leaned her against the wall. He was not here to kill her, he was here to rob the place.

It did not take him long to check all the rooms up on the floor he was on. None of them had anything noteworthy to take, so he decided to head to a lower floor. The second floor was full of bedrooms, and nothing was in them but on the first floor, he noticed an ugly woman berating a maid for dropping a glass. She had on some gold jewelry and seemed to think she was above this maid. To which by her status she was, but Wolf did not think so.

When she saw him she nearly screamed if not for Wolf's fast movements. He came up behind her and covered her mouth before telling her to shh. The maid nor this woman never encountered a situation like this before. They were in the Gao kingdom where barely anything ever happened. Nobles were above everyone else here, who would be stupid enough to attack them? Being in danger was never on their mind, so being captured by Wolf like this was new. And the noblewoman did not like it one bit. Her maid screamed and then passed out being completely useless.

"Where do you keep the money?"

Wolf asked in a cold tone.

"Y-you're doing this for money? How crude!"

Wolf slid his hairpin out of his hair and unsheathed it. Placing the edge of the small dagger against the nape of her neck he drew blood.

"Care to speak now?"

"I'll have you know that I'm a noble! You won't get away with this!"

The woman shouted. Wolf felt that this was the wrong approach, he should have taken a more careful approach to this matter. Now here he was stuck dealing with this annoying woman. He pulled her curly blonde hair hard as he placed the dagger next to her face. Slowly he used the tip of the dagger to dig into her skin, then he moved the dagger down the side of her face. She screamed out in pain and Wolf only stopped when the dagger's tip reached her chin.

"I won't ask again. Where is the money?"

"In the chest under the floorboard! It's over there!"

She complied this time, mostly in fear for her life. Wolf wasted no time in knocking her out before he tossed her to the side. Reaching the location she provided to him, Wolf found the squeaky floorboard and pulled it up. There he spotted a large wooden chest overflowing with money. He placed everything inside of his portal and then started to leave.

As Wolf was heading to the door, it opened up.

"Mother, I'm home!"

A young boy with brown hair in a bowl-cut shape appeared. He saw the blood on the ground, the broken glass, two bodies on the ground, and Wolf. His body swayed to the side as he passed out before he had the chance to fully understand what was going on.

Just as Wolf appeared, he disappeared leaving no trace of his presence. Even if they came after him, he would be long gone.

 

 

8