No More
108 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wolf was in a happy mood. Mostly due to the new revolver on his side that gave off an eerie feeling. The revolver Shiki was now his and the man selling it left like the wind. He questioned why the man left in such a hurry, but remember the story he told him it didn't bring him that much of a shock. If someone wanted to leave this cursed item behind then they'd try to make sure it wouldn't come back.

Kuro and some of the others were busy obtaining funds for their venture but Wolf was alone.

He wasn't here that long but it felt like there was something here for him. What exactly? He was unsure, but something was calling him.

His first thought was to head towards his ship and see if Arlong wanted to go to the auction with him. But after thinking about it, he decided they can do that after Kuro and the others finished what they were doing.

For now, he just walked around town. Eventually, he found himself at a large gate. It was open and there were guards stationed here. But they paid Wolf no mind so he walked past them.

The sight was different from before. The area was vastly different as there was trash thrown everywhere. The people located here were dressed in torn clothing and smelled. It was like night and day compared to the area just on the other side of the gate.

'Reminds me of the old hideout.' Wolf thought to himself as he remembered his past. The Black Hand Gang also used to live outside of loguetown away from the citizens. Except they did not live in a dump. There were people covered in dirt taking pieces of metal from the garbage. Some were eating others' leftovers.

There weren't really any 'houses' in the area, what he did see were 'homes' made of trash. The sight was truly something to behold and Wolf wondered how anyone lived like this.

His purpose for coming here was just to see what was behind the gate. Now that he saw it, he was not that interested in this district anymore. From the state of the people here, there couldn't be anything special here. However, he was not willing to go back just yet. If he learned anything it was that talent sprouted in odd places.

He lowered his eyes as he saw two children running. Behind them were a large group of adult men shouting and telling them to stop. Wolf noticed the young boy dressed in black, it was the same child he saw before. Seeing the other one ahead of him, Wolf was reminded of his old friends.

How were they doing? What were they doing? Where were they? Wolf wanted to know if they were still pursuing their dream of becoming legendary pirates. The last time he saw them was merely on their wanted posters, that was all.

Wolf decided to follow them, to see what would happen.

The two kids jumped over trash and slid under pipes while continuing to rush forward. Both were smiling and seemed to just be having fun. The one in a red tank top had black hair with freckles and seemed to be carrying a small sack. The other one dressed in black was carrying a broken pipe. 

Soon they ran into a dead end allowing the adults that were chasing them to catch up. Wolf wondered what they would do to escape.

If this was Ross and Angel, they'd do something Wolf would think is stupid. But somehow it would work out and they'd escape. Ross would suggest they fight the men, but Angel would have had some plan to surprise them. Wolf, what would he do? Back then he'd do whatever they did, but now things were different. He was his own person and thoughts. No one would protect him, he had to do that himself.

Wolf was surprised when the black-haired kid threw the sack at the men. There were only four adults in the small group, and one of them was stretching his arm out to get the sack. While he was distracted the kid dressed in black rushed forward with his pipe.

It was a stupid move but somehow the adults were caught off guard by the sudden attack. The one in front stumbled and fell over after he took a shot to the knee. In a swift motion, he also grabbed the sack and ran away drawing the attention of the other three adults.

One of the men pulled out a gun and aimed it at the child. Wolf's fingers twitched when he saw the gun being pointed at the kid. He was reminded of what occurred in the past. It was a moment he greatly regretted.

Was he a savior? No. But, he was not, could not stand by and allow this to happen.

From his position, he could easily take out the men. His aim would always be perfect. As long as he could see his target, they were as good as dead. His grip on shiki tightened and he pulled the trigger. He was not aiming for the man, nor his group. There was no one in sight the bullet would hit, but that mattered not to Wolf.

Shiki was a different beast. Black smoke lingered in the air after he pulled the trigger, and he saw the eyes on the skull light up for a second. The bullet was black with a green tip.

Everyone heard the sound of gunfire causing the men to look around. Even the kid stopped running and gazed over toward where he assumed the gunshot came from.

The bullet sped forward and entered a small black circle before disappearing. It was like magic to a normal person, but Wolf knew it wasn't. Behind the man holding the gun, another black circle appeared in the air behind him as the bullet flew threw. The bullet pierced his skull and when Wolf thought it would come out of the other side, it didn't.

Skull tattoos appeared on the man's body before they turned green and his body exploded. Green smoke rose into the sky in place of his body. The green smoke seemed to be attracted to the revolver in Wolf's hand as it rushed towards it and was sucked in. He heard a click as if the next round was ready to be fired

 

7