Join the crew
121 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He wasn't thrilled about the weapon. It was strange and seemed to reload slower than he liked. But, there was a kick to it that any other gun he used failed to have. Which made Wolf keep it as his secondary weapon.

The people far below up were gazing up in his direction. Probably why he shot, and who he was. A second later his figure vanished before he emerged right in front of the men. His sudden appearance startled them, causing them to take a few steps back. They were shaking, afraid of what he might do to them.

"It's you!" The young boy dressed in black said as he pointed his finger at Wolf.

The only reason he remembered Wolf was because when he took the sack that he assumed was full of coins, he was empty. That drove him mad and he was planning on doing something to get revenge at a later date. If it wasn't for that, then Wolf would have just been another person he stole from and forgot.

"Why don't you run along now instead of messing with these kids."

The two men looked at one another, then at Wolf. A moment of hesitation flashed in their eyes before they glanced at the place their comrade used to be. They dashed off as fast as they could to get away from Wolf. Any place was better than here.

"Who's this?" The black-haired young boy asked as he approached.

"I don't know, he's the one I stole from that was carrying an empty sack."

A look of realization dawned upon the black-haired young boy.

"And he saved you?"

"Bah! I wasn't in any danger Ace!"

Wolf snatched the sack in the young boy's hand. It wasn't even heavy, it barely weighed anything.

Inside he found a few dozen coins that were it. There was also a bottle of booze that was half empty.

"Hey, give that back!" The kid dressed in black shouted as he tried to grab the small bag back. It was all the money he and his friend stole and saved up.

Wolf smirked and made the sack disappear.

"How'd you do that?" The boy was curious and stopped jumping.

"Hey Sabo, you think he's a pirate?" The boy named Ace asked.

"No way! Does he look like one?" Sabo replied back as he pointed at Wolf.

Wolf wasn't really sure what he wanted to do next. He came here to see what it was like past the gate and happened to stop them. Now that he ended up saving them which was not something he'd ever admit to, he was at a loss of what to do next.

The auction was the next plan of action, he knew that the moment he learned about it. But now he had these two children circling him as if he was some rare commodity.

"Don't you guys have parents? Shouldn't you run home?" Wolf asked before he remembered that he stole money from the kid named Sabo's home. From the way he dressed he definitely did not look like a noble.

"We're orphans, destined to be the greatest pirates of all time," Sabo replied.

This got Wolf's attention. They really did remind him of his old friends.

"Good luck with that then. Don't cause too much trouble, or cause a lot." Wolf said with a slight smile before he started to walk away.

"You're a pirate aren't you? Don't you need crewmates?" Ace asked as he ran to catch up to Wolf.

"And what use will you be?"

"We're useful!" Sabo shouted.

Wolf shook his head. Then he thought of something.

"How long have you lived here? Do you know about the auction?"

Both kids looked at one another and then nodded. They lived here long enough to know of what went on most of the time. Even when people assumed they knew nothing.

"A lot of nobles attend and sometimes fancy items are put up for sale," Ace told Wolf.

"Nothing we'd want though, except that time they were selling some fruit." Sabo added.

"A devil fruit?" Wolf inquired.

Sabo nodded.

"Yeah, that's what they called it. Not sure what it does or why everyone wanted to buy it."

Wolf knew why but didn't say. He still had a fruit on hand and was still debating on who should use it. Kuro was his first and only option but he didn't want to use it. So now he'd have to wait and see who else was trustworthy enough so he could give it to them.

"Any fruits for sale this time?"

"No. Haven't heard anything like that. When there is one the whole town is talking about it and ships appear from all over." Sabo said casually.

"Then do you know if there is anything interesting at the auction?"

"Not that we know of. Just the usual trash that doesn't interest us. Oh, some slaves too if you're into that sort of thing." Ace said.

Wolf nodded and continued to walk. They didn't really seem that helpful, but Wolf had an idea going on in his head. It would save him a lot of time if he knew what was going to be auctioned off, but he could always do that himself if he really wanted to.

He wondered if the marines would act once he made his move. He remembered the man that spotted him, he was strong. Wolf could feel it. He felt as if he could win, but that was because Wolf knew what he could do. He was a slippery man to catch, no way could a normal person beat him. However, his crew would have a hard time dealing with him. That was something Wolf knew for certain.

"Are there any famous Marines around here?" Wolf asked without thinking they would know the answer to this. Still, he had to ask in order to receive a reply.

To his surprise the boys did know of someone.

"Just the old man. I don't think there's anyone else here stronger than him. Besides me I mean." Ace replied.

"Old man?"

"Yeah, my gramps! Always beating me trying to tell me to become a marine. He comes here from time to time, ya know?"

"He's tall with broad shoulders and wears a cape?" Wolf asked.

"Yeah! That's him, you know the old man?"

"Something like that," Wolf said before he turned to look at the kids. "I guess this is where we part ways. Good luck on whatever it is yall are going to do." Wolf threw that last part out before he vanished through a portal.

Sabo and Ace tried to chase after him but the portal closed as soon as he stepped through it. They both clicked their teeth and shook their heads.

"Hey, Ace." Sabo said.

"Yeah?"

"You thinking what I'm thinking?"

"You want to go to the auction?"

Sabo grinned and Ace knew what that meant. At least they might be able to see something cool happen.

 

6