Into the night
132 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arlong swung his sword over his shoulder looking as menacing as possible. When he smiled he showed his sharp teeth.

"Don't look so excited. We have to take down everyone who gets in the way." Wolf told him before he glanced at Kuro.

Kuro fixed his glasses.

"What's the plan? We aren't going to rush into town and destroy everything are we?" Kuro asked.

Wolf was silent for a moment. That was exactly his plan but now that Kuro said that he had to change his strategy. How could he get them to the auction without losing everyone?

"How many do you think we'd need?" Wolf asked Kuro.

"Arlong and I should be more than capable. But having backup will be nice as well. Maybe ten people."

Huh? Ten people were basically their entire crew. Kuro had to be pulling his leg on this one. Besides he wasn't even sure if what he had planned would work.

"We can try, but don't get your hopes up. We can use Buggy and the others to cause a distraction in town while we hit the auction."

"Splitting us up isn't the best move but you're the captain." 

Wolf shook his head. "Let's just see what happens."

A giant black circle appeared before the two of them. It was the largest one Wolf has ever opened and it was taxing him. He did not want to do this as it would leave him feeling weak, but it was the fastest way to do what they needed.

"Go through the portal. I'll keep it open as long as possible."

Kuro nodded but didn't step through.

"Alright, start going through the portal. It'll lead us inside the town and save us time."

The crew knew of Wolf's devil fruit ability, but none of them saw him use it like this before. He made objects vanish, this was the first time they saw him use people. At least people other than himself.

It was dark with no clear end in sight. Was it even safe to go through? These thoughts ran through their mind before Arlong pushed them aside.

"Move aside I'll go first."

Seeing the big Arlong go through with ease they felt a little calmer. One by one they started to go through the portal until only Wolf and Kuro were left. Buggy was the last to leave beside them.

"You alright?" Kuro asked as he saw Wolf's body covered in sweat.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Think I can manage us two." Wolf told him.

Kuro didn't ask any more questions and stepped through the portal. After he did Wolf felt his legs get weak. He struggled to go through himself and when he did it was a rough landing.

Kuro caught him before anyone noticed he almost fell.

Objects and people were two different things. It was more taxing for him to allow people through the portal than it was for an object. He could do that easily if there was no set destination in mind, then Wolf figured he could have countless people enter the portal. But that was not how it worked, his ability had to connect somewhere and that connection was hard to maintain when multiple people passed through.

His trick of keeping items inside the portal was simple, but that still connected somewhere. He would never tell people where it went because that would ruin the trick. Not to mention since the place he stored the items actually existed, it would not be difficult for someone to take his treasure.

At least he knew his limit on this now. He made a mental note to work on it as it could be a useful feature in the future. As of now, it wasn't anything worthwhile. But to his crew it was.

They appeared in a corner of the town right by the auction house. The building was one of the largest constructions within the town so it was easy to spot. Plenty of people dressed in expensive clothing entered without noticing his crew.

Wolf remained his strength and was able to stand on his own.

There were a few marines at the entrance, but that was all.

"Take them out," Wolf said and his men went forward with Arlong leading the way.

Wolf and Kuro were lagging behind them. The two marines were not expecting any trouble and if there would be anyone who dared to cause a mess, it would be minor. The moment they spotted Arlong come out of the shadows, they knew that trouble found them. They raised their rifles to fire, but they were chopped down before they had the chance to shoot.

"Release the Buggy balls!"

Buggy shouted as a few men that carried cannons on their backs came forward. They undid the straps on their backs and two balls were loaded in. A moment later they fired causing a loud echo throughout the town. The doors to the auction were destroyed as dirt and scrap were thrown into the air.

The Phantom Pirates rushed into the auction causing chaos. Taking anything that looked valuable and killing anyone that got in their way. The alarm sounded, but none of them were worried. They were drunk on power and slaughter.

Kuro stayed outside the auction to keep watch while the others did whatever they wanted. Arlong happened to find two fishmen chained in the back, along with some other people. Most of them were humans. Everyone was released and with the captives now free they either ran away or started killing the people that kept them trapped.

With everyone having taken all they could, the Phantom Pirates ran out of the auction house. Someone started a fire because the building lit up in flames before they could exit. Wolf was still wondering if it was one of his men or some crazy prisoner.

"Freeze!" A marine shouted with his rifle pointed at the escaping Phantom Pirates.

There were fifteen of them lined up with rifles. A large man with a goatee stepped in front looking bored. He picked his nose and then flung the booger away.

It only took a second for Wolf to realize who the man was. It was the same one he saw earlier.

His crew was looking at him, probably hoping he would open another portal for them to escape through. Sadly, that wouldn't happen. If they were going to leave here then they would have to fight. Wolf pulled out Shiki, his cursed revolver, and aimed it at the older man. He pulled the trigger.

6