Adventure’s End
81 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the encounter with Garp, the crew was sailing away from Gao Kingdom. Most of them were injured, and they all needed to be healed. Arlong and Kuro were in the worst shape, having their bones broken. Arlong's long nose was smashed into his face causing him great pain, and he voiced it out all the time.

A few of the other crew members were injured as well, some had bullet holes and others cuts.

Wolf shook his head and clicked his tongue. They escaped, but this was not a victory. If not for his devil fruit ability they would have never managed to leave that island and they'd be in jail or killed.

"What's your name?" Wolf asked the marine he took prisoner.

It was a young man with golden hair, and blue eyes. He seemed to be a low-ranking member, but that didn't matter. Wolf only wanted answers.

"Why? Aren't you just going to kill me anyway you filty pirate?"

"Yes. But, it could be quick and painless, or slow and painful. Take your pick, I'll get what I want either way." Wolf replied to him.

The marine was silent for a while before he nodded. Wolf sounded cold, but there was no way he would directly murder him. Given whatever Wolf wanted he had, he could make a deal and his life would be spared.

"I'm Kenmo."

"Who was that man? The large one with the beard and black fist?"

"Vice-Admiral Garp?"

Wolf nodded. He already knew that from what Buggy told him, but now he was sure of it. At least the information he obtained was legit.

"What about his devil fruit?"

"Devil fruit? He doesn't have one that I know of." Kenmo said.

"Impossible, his fist turned black. My bullets couldn't pierce his skin. How is that possible?"

Kenmo laughed and then coughed due to the pain of his injuries.

"All the higher-ups can do that, it isn't anything special. At least from what I've heard."

Wolf rubbed his chin. He dealt with marines before when he was settled in Lougetown, but none of them had that ability. He knew they were captains, so did that mean only people higher than the rank of captain was capable of such a feat? If so, then what was the minimum rank required?

"I understand."

Kenmo laughed once more.

"How about I do you a favor and give you some advice? Turn yourself in, or live on some remote island for the rest of your life. You think you're special, but the sea has a lot more talented guys out there than you can even imagine. They will swallow you whole, and there's nothing you can do about it."

"Noted. But, I have plans you see, so I can't just give up just by listening to the advice of some low-ranking marine. I'm going to be famous, the best pirate to ever live, or one of them."

Kenmo couldn't believe what he had just heard. Laughing so hard he coughed blood.

"You want to be the Pirate King? You?!"

"Pirate King? Huh, never thought about it like that. But no, that title seems too small. The last guy dubbed king died by the hands of marines, so if that's all he was capable of, I'd rather go higher."

"That's just how strong the World Government is. So just give up now, and turn yourself in."

Wolf shook his head. Turn himself in? This marine was crazy if he thought Wolf would even consider that.

He opened a portal and pulled out his revolver.

"Thanks for the advice," Wolf told the man.

"Wait! Spare my life, and I'll give you some information you want."

Wolf was amused by this remark.

"And what's that?"

"Do we have a deal?"

"Yeah, I won't kill you."

Kenmo nodded but didn't really feel that safe. He was still on this unnamed ship with a crew of pirates that could kill him anytime. He would never take the word of a pirate at face value.

"No, not now. Drop me off at the next island, then I'll tell you."

Wolf thought about it, then shot the man. Keeping him alive was not worth it, and there was no way he'd have any of the answers he wanted. He had some, but not all of them.

Having recovered a bit of his strength, he made the body vanish before walking above deck.

His crew members were drinking beer, and chatting. Nothing too unusual for them, but he found Buggy sitting on the edge of the ship. His eyes seemed unfocused as if he were lost in thought.

Buggy seemed to notice Wolf approach before he even said a word.

"Guess it ends here huh?" Buggy said.

"What does?"

"My fun adventure."

Wolf was silent, wondering what Buggy was talking about. He didn't seem to be joking around either like he normally does.

"You know I know things, right? You'd have to be stupid not to come to that conclusion by now."

Wolf nodded. Buggy did know a lot, more than anyone else seemed to realize. Maybe Kuro had a feeling but it was hard to say.

"So, why don't I tell you." Buggy said.

5