Chapter 1: Len Michael Garcia
170 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Haah.... The Cafe isn't really running too well than I hope."

A young man sighted as he saw only a few people chatting and mostly playing games. Some little girls playing a childish girly games from the internet, young women chatting on Social Media and there are kids playing Video Games where some are similar but only a few are not.

Most of them are playing a Video Game called DOTA or its full name being Defense of the Ancients, a Massive Online Battle Arena designed to pit 10 players into two teams and are assigned to battle each other to destroy the core building while the other defense their core. It is quite successful here due to how one player can't always solo win the game but had to rely on your team to win the game. It is widely popular here due to its replayability and was made free to play that it had grown into a massive player base, especially popular on people who had invest themselves into the game.

Currently, one kid is controlling a monsterlike bull humanoid who was carrying a giant totem on his back while aggressively shouting at his team.

"You piece of sh*t! What the f*ck are you doing Lycan?! Your suppose to flank their hitter! You wanna f*cking lose the game for us?!"

"This piece of sh*t of a Lycan player. And he is supposed to be a skilled player. How about he go back to f*ck his sister more before trying to play a proper game?!"

While it is popular, it also holds to a lot of toxicity due to how the gameplay is handled. It is simply simple and easy to play the game but there are hidden mechanics and unique skills required to master the game such as the timing of the spells, how you move and dodge those spells and etc. It is easy to learn but hard to master. Such that why it is easy to get hooked while also carry a lot of toxicity to it due to being an Online Game.

"Oh for f*cks Sake. Thanks for the carry idiot. You just lost us the game. Keep saying you gonna f*ck our mothers when you can't even go f*ck yourself properly. Your hand skills might had been rusty playing with a guy. Lol your mother."

"Dude, that game was kinda sh*t. Wanna play it again?"

"Nah Kent. Mom's gonna get the slipper on me if I stay a bit longer. She kinda saw my grades and.... Oof...."

"Hahaha.... I guess we kinda played a bit longer before the day on the exams."

Both kids smiles as they stood up from their seats and went towards the counter as they pay off the man who was currently writing on his notebook.

"Brother Len, here's the money."

"Sure. Just put it there and you can go."

He scratches his head before the kids dropped their money on the counter before leaving. They went outside as the man stares at the notebook and contemplates on it before sighing as he saw how much it cost.

'The electrical bills are kinda BS and after returning to this place? Ugh....'

He sighted as he turns to the computers in front of him and felt that it was slowly becoming unprofitable in a long-term plan. The cost of the electricity bills were becoming a bit higher than usual as he turns to the dream plan he wants to set up but it would be a fruitless endeavor.  He wanted to set up restaurant here but it would soon be a failure if he were to compete with the uncle next to him who have superior cooking skills than him and decided to open an Internet Cafe at this backwater of a town.

This was his hometown which was the place he grew up in as he was the only one in the group of his class to get a scholarship to a good university. He boasted his smartness to his class and act all arrogantly yet upon arriving in University, he saw how he wasn't the smartest kid in his group. By the time he graduated, he could only worked in an ordinary office yet he still made good acquaintances there and even bonded with the employees. However, he tried to be heroic when his boss began to harass a female employee and stood up for her, yet he ended up getting fired and had to return to set up a shop here. He couldn't set up in the city due to how costly the taxes for owning or even renting a building as he could only set up at his place and opened a Internet Cafe.

He thought that opening an Internet Cafe could be quite profitable and earn him good money yet he never thought that people had begun moving onto mobile gaming and everyone at his backwater town had basically own a phone. By the time he realize it, he was losing more money than he could earn. Deciding to close the shop after all his customers had left, he had received a call from a familiar person.

"M-maybe its time for me to close this shop...."

Len had receive a call from his mom that one of his Dad's friends that he needed extra hands at his place and since Len was currently unemployed as of now, it would be a good time for him to head to abroad. He was currently thinking as he decided to give Len time before heading back to his room.

The Internet Cafe and his house was a shared building to which he had build it in an order the Cafe is a separate room from his home as he cooked dinner before heading back and resting on his bed.

"W-would I stay in this place or take the job my dad had offered me?"

Len sighed as he began to contemplate as he didn't have any sort of attachment to this town.

He was a kinda a jerk to his classmate and he really didn't have any sort of friends who are here apart from a few he is childhood friends with as he found it quite sad that his life wasn't better than just leaving this place.

'Maybe being in abroad might help me make a brand new start there.' Len thinks as he lay on his bed.

Then, as he had fallen asleep, a mysterious light had floated from the sky and slowly making a descent towards his window. The light began float in the air before moving towards Len's forehead and slowly merging to his body. In which a voice could be heard yet the person affected was currently fast asleep as a cold mechanic voice began talking.

[Current Host had been found. Begin assimilation.....

................

................

................

Assimilation Complete. Requesting information from host.....

................

Unable to request data from host. Begin extraction of information without Host's consent.....

................

................

................

Gathering Information from host complete. Rewriting system to assimilate to host's language.....

................

................

Assimilation Complete. Detected Language (Earth's Universal Language[English]) and (Earth's Philippine Language) had been acquired. Begin processing data....

................

................

Processing Data Complete. 

Requesting Host Permission.....

Requesting Host Permission.....

Requesting Host Permission.....

Requesting Host Permission.....

................]

.......

Len woke up with a stinging pain in his head as he felt like he had bash his head into a metal plating. The seething feeling he could completely feel like he had been drinking last night was something he didn't know as he haven't been drinking since half a year ago had come back to hit him again.

"W-what the f*ck is this this? I haven't been drinking for a long time now but why do I feel lethargic? Ugh...."

[Requesting Host Permission.....

Requesting Host Permission.....

Requesting Host Permission.....

................]

Len then notice a metallic ringing of a voice in his head as he felt confusion at the sudden voice calling out to him. He wanted it to stop so he unexpectedly agreed to the voice to stop. While he doesn't know where the voice is coming from, he 

"Fine, fine. I agree. Just who is that person annoying me this morning?"

[Request Permitted. Calibrating to host's preference.....

................

Sending host to the location of the 'Entertainment Shop']

"W-wait......wha-"

Len's feeble voice was heard too late as a Door had mysteriously appeared right behind the wall he was leaning in as it began to open and Len felt the air to which he was leaning on a solid object before, after which he was sucked in from behind him as the door closes.....

3