Chapter 2 Last Part (Updated)
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Howls of a Thousand Thunderclaps!” Flashes of bolts and electric light up the sky as it descends upon Tempest like a lion’s roar.

“Tsk! Auriora Thirteen Series: 5th Series Transcendental Wave!” I managed to create a multi-layer barrier in the nick of time although my mana is near empty from the never-ending bolts coming from the sky. Added that I could not maintain levitating mid-air I tried my best to not get hit by the thunders whilst falling.

It took my all to maintain the barrier as I continue to fall over, the vast dark clouds opened as if a cataclysmic event is about to occur.

“Spear of Zeus.” The clouds growl in great sounds signaling the trumpets of destruction. Unfortunately, I could not cast even a basic spell as of this moment. I could only stare and lie in wait of the inevitable doom.

“Mika...!” His voice was so loud that snapped me in awe of the scenery unfolding before me.

“Again, with the loudmouth, Kan...” I murmured in reply without him being able to hear at this height.

“I’ll catch you so don’t move mid-air...!” The thought of him catching me embraced in his arms unexpectedly made me fluster.

‘Kan will...?’ Such thoughts clouded my consciousness. I did not realize that Vanque’s attack would soon strike.

“Watch out, Mika...!” Countless bolts of lightning skimmed through the skies as gusts of wind became violent propelling me randomly mid-air as if I was a pebble drowned by the flowing waves.

In a zap, a beaming light engulfed everyone’s field of vision abruptly, then comes the deafening roar of nature that silenced Tempest.

When all of a sudden, “Tides of the Serpent!” A destructive spell was fired beneath as another one was chanted, “Shield of the Tempest: Activate...!” The lightning would stream and discharge throughout the tides of water cast above. Just before the lightning could reach me, I got inside the barrier enveloping the entirety of Tempest I immediately lost control of myself slowly falling and I was gracefully caught by Kan.

“Are you safe, Mika?” ‘Geez, look at you all worried...’

“I’m fine, Kan you can stop carrying me now.” Surprisingly, I was calm at the moment might be because I was more concerned what happened at the interaction of water and lightning of that scale.

“Oh, yeah right my bad.” He seems to be blushing, but I paid no heed and glance above.

“Tania-sensei cast the water spell and Principal Cainne activated a mechanism.”

The students from different Royal Schools earlier walked up to us.

“Do you know of the man up there in the sky?” Lionne Allair asked, alongside everyone else which might be their question in their heads.

“Vanque Milios...” Some reactions were in confusion, however, the beastkin student reacted furiously.

“Why is he here...?” I could almost feel the growl in his voice

“I am not the kind of person to share my personal story but for the sake of your curiosity he came here for me.”

Everyone was baffled as they got confused even more.

“I am the princess of the Auriora Kingdom and about Vanque Milios well I do not have to spell it to some of you, but he was the one pulling the strings that caused the destruction of my Kingdom.” No one could utter a word and remained silent as the protection spell is holding out from the attack of Vanque.

“Mika, come here.” Kan took my hand and steered away from the students at other schools and got closer to where Shinra, Tania-sensei, and Principal Cainne were.

“Shinra, the healing spell.” He gestured for me to sit at the bench and get healed by Shinra.

“Take a seat here, Mika I’ll cast a healing spell on you.” Tania-sensei and Principal Cainne were looking nervous as to what to do next.

“He will only stop once he gets what he wants if you show him any further that you are willing to fight back, he’ll release more power than what he is exuding right now.” I doubt even if everyone worked together, we’d see the end of the day.

It was only a couple of minutes till the Sun descends, yet it was covered by the dark clouds above.

“Don’t worry, there’s someone in here that can stop Vanque Milios.” Tania-sensei remarked as she controlled the water above 200ft in the sky. ‘Being able to flawlessly control such high rank spell with ease in such range... That’s crazy.’

“If only we could help...” Such dissatisfied look came from Kan at the thought of his powerlessness in this situation even Shinra was a bit gloomy.

“You have done more than enough Kan, Shinra, and Mika.” Principal Cainne walked towards us.

“Managing to assess the situation and call for help at the face of great risk is a feat not everyone can do. You should hold your faces high because thanks to the three of you, Tempest is safe right now.” We all know that we did such things, yet we did not want to just leave everything to other people and cower in fear.

I understood this more than ever before. ‘We are weak... I am still weak to even have the thought of protecting someone.’

Great shock from the sky trespassed the barrier as we could feel the clashing sounds up above. Shrieking noises of lightning as it streams towards the tides of serpent.

“How are you going to defeat Vanque let alone fend him away?” I persistently asked standing still.

“We don’t have to; we have someone for that job. Although it comes at a great price.” Tania-sensei then stopped the spell and stared at the sky waiting for something to happen.

‘Who could possibly...?’

The clouds continued to darken in preparation of another strike. ‘This is bad...’ I could sense that the next attack would be nothing alike than the first one. ‘What are they waiting for...?’

I immediately stood up and looked at Kan and Shinra.

“Are you fine with this? The next attack would destroy Tempest!”

“Mika, you might not believe this but someone of greater threat than Vanque Milios is roaming around Tempest.” ‘Are they serious...?’ Kan could only accept what Shinra had just said.

“It’s Sheila-san.”

“Huh...? Sheila-san is a greater threat than the man up in the sky capable of killing us in one strike? Are you kidding me...!? I know that you admire Sheila-san but that’s just-”

“Cecilia Merue, do you remember that name from the grass plains back then? The man in the robe referred that to Sheila-san.”

I could not understand what Kan was talking about.

“Sheila Neru is just a persona created by Cecilia Merue to trespass Tempest under the figure of a student, and that Cecilia Merue is one of the Six Calamities. Surely, you now know right? That as of this moment only a monster could face a monster.”

‘One of the Six Calamities...?’ It was said that they are the only ones capable of ending the world if they wanted to.

“Even if what you said is true and Sheila Neru is Cecilia Merue why would she help us when she is one of the Six Calamities?”

“I offered a deal...” Principal Cainne then came forward.

“That we would not interfere if she wanted to remain here, in exchange, that she protects the Tempest as long as she is around.”

“That’s...” The clouds roar once again in anticipation of what would happen, I relentlessly run towards where the lightning strike would possibly hit.

‘They do not understand that Vanque is something that might be even greater than one of the Six Calamities. I have some mana restored I need to think of something quick... before...!’

It was when I lost control of myself and could only stare of what was to come. I’ve been pushing myself to the brink.

“Mika...!” Kan and Shinra ran towards me.

They were halted by the sight of something breaking the sound barrier as it soars towards the sky where Vanque was.

A figure of a woman... ‘Could it be...?’

“Jeez, you’re so persistent today, Mika.” Kan managed to even joke out in this situation.

“Don’t run off like that, Mika.” Shinra started healing me again as my attention were glued in the situation happening above.

“Say, since when did you know that Sheila Neru is Cecilia Merue?” It was awfully quiet since I said that. I did not take my eyes off what was happening up in the sky

“I’ve had my suspicions, but it was Secretary Inerva who deduced that.” Shinra added his thoughts. I momentarily glanced at Kan, it seemed that he could not expect this kind of situation. I wanted to cheer him up although it looked like he wanted to say something.

 “After I heard her real name back then at the grass plains, I did a bit of research only to find my suspicions true.” ‘His eyes... Kan.’ These past weeks, when we’re at our most vulnerable all of us hid the things, we wanted to tell the most. I tried extending my arms to hold his hands as if saying it is all right.

“Everyone, listen up!” Principal Cainne used a spell that amplified his voice everywhere inside Tempest.

“Please lend us your mana to protect Tempest. When the clock hit at exactly 6:00pm release all the mana you have to fortify the barrier around Tempest. Let us all protect our home, Tempest...!” Cheers and cries from the crowds overpowered the campus as we lie in wait for the final attack.

‘There are only a few seconds left before the clock strike at 6.’

“After the past few weeks since what happened, I made up my mind to stay at Tempest for a little bit longer before I search and look for The Countless Masks, my goal since enrolling here at Tempest.” Shinra took a deep breath as he stretched both his hands releasing a subtle amount of mana anticipating 6:00pm.

“I wanted to let everyone that mocked me for being unfit to become a magician eat their words. To be acknowledged by my parents, by my father is why I have been pursuing to be a magician. I don’t want to be a liability anymore.” Kan stepped forward waiting for the clock to hit 6:00pm

“I am happy that you two were the one who I am with at my worst and be at my best, please. I still have a matter to settle with Vanque Milios, getting stronger, honing my skills, and experiencing many things.” I both glanced back to look at them as I smile happily. “Thank you, Kan and Shinra. Let’s do this...!”

Every mana at my disposal is ready.

‘6...’

‘5...’

‘4...’

“Ready, people of Tempest!”

‘3...’

‘2...’

‘1...!’

“NOW...!”

 

 

The Eyes of the World POV

 

Moments before the clock signal 6:00pm, up towards the sky Vanque Milios prepared for an even greater attack as Cecilia Merue flew a few feet away from the barrier surrounding Tempest.

“Cecilia Merue, one of the Six Calamities... What are you doing here?”

“Vanque Milios, as far as I remember you turned your tail back to Azure.”

The sky growls unable to wait as if a predator drooling at its prey. Vanque extended his right-hand signaling to strike.

“I have no business with you, Cecilia Merue.”

“Well, I do.”

“Spear of Zeus.” In a bolt, time seemed to relatively slow down at astonishingly speed for Cecilia.

“Gamma... Rays.” The collision of two deadly elements discharged countless aftereffects of every possible elemental fusion stable or unstable, that astounded everyone from great view of a beautiful destruction. Such is the clash of monsters that sit atop at the ladders of the World. A high-pitched screeching sound, the likes of a phoenix ruled over a few seconds as it prowled the surroundings. Such scale of fight is seen rarely anywhere.

 

From the eyes underneath, standing at the rock solid called land.

 

Mana burst forth from every part of Tempest as every student, teacher, facilitator, and people extended their arms to protect their home.

“Hold out, everyone...! Just a few seconds left...!” Principal Cainne the Headmaster of Tempest for the past 20 years cried in the face of imminent risk.

It would seem time would freeze at this moment for a while. While everyone continued to pour their mana it always seemed to lack a considerable amount.

‘Only if someone with an incredible amount of mana pool was here.’ Cainne inadvertently wait for someone as his mana is being depleted every millisecond.

The situation is a stalemate for the time being. The repercussion of Vanque Milios and Cecilia Merue’s attack would only continue to grow stronger as it eats away the mana being fortified to Tempest’s barrier.

“Gah...!” Plenty of students could not continue releasing mana without fainting.

When in that moment, the Century Witch Tania used half of her mana pool to fend back the Phoenix-like attack from destroying the barrier.

“Don't, you idiot! You know fully well that you cannot expend such mana, Tania...!”

“There’s no choice is there? If I have too, I am prepared to use all of my mana!” The air from the Century Witch suddenly changed as if reviving the suffocating magnifying aura that caused panic across her enemies from the past. The familiar iris color enveloping her surroundings it would soon take the form of Carnarias. A form of spirit that was a vessel for The Century Witch’s unmatched mana.

“Hey, Tania...! Stop...!” Cainne cried out from his lungs, yet Tania had already resolved herself.

‘Please, something, someone help us...!’

Then a cold breeze blasts through the air around Tempest.

“Jeez, even back then, both of you are like this, for crying out loud...”

“Inerva...?” The Century Witch then lost the tremendous aura around her falling from the ground.

Cainne extended his hands towards Tania.

“Don’t you think it is a bit too late to be hitting on me, old man?” She let out a small laugh.

“Wh-what are you saying...? Anyway, look at her. Inerva has grown a lot since that day.” Both finally felt peace and relief as their child despite having bruises and shreds from her clothes looked stronger and beautiful than ever before.

Inerva Vonne, even though she suffered defeat, the resolve in her eyes and soul is burning uncontrollably unlike the cold breeze circulating around her.

As Inerva walked to where Kan, Shinra and Mika was she suggested and asked for a favor. She then placed both of her hands aiming at the sky. When her mana circulation began to change, a new occurrence unlike nothing before happened... After countless times of fighting and fighting, the toll of everyone she had faced and come to know now rests upon her shoulders. As her group of friends, Ren, Lily, Mein, and Soura puts their hope and trust through her. Inerva Vonne continues to walk forward even though it is the hardest, thorniest, and loneliest path to ever move forward.

She then started casting a spell the first and last time it would be seen and viewed by anyone.

“From the face of Yyssa, towards the heavens up in the sky, let it be known even if the centuries passed, yet everything remains if not even greater. Here my cries for I call the strength of the unbreakable bonds of the traditions that lies here in slumber at Tempest. See for what we are worth, for those who have walked this very same path and gathered at this very place. The unfulfilled ambitions that died and lives that have been taken, state your names at this moment! Fate’s Call: El cuento de la historia de la tempestad...!” The sound of a blue whale encompassed everyone’s ears and slowly charged against the Phoenix above.

Bulldozing ahead, the Whale disseminated the Phoenix as if it was bubble, although it did not stop its tracks there, it readies itself and aimed at Cecilia Merue and Vanque Milios.

Inerva then changed its trajectory as Cecilia Merue tried to dispel it while using the explosion to pounce ahead right at Vanque Milios. A feat done in mere second. Everyone is unsure if it was intentional that Inerva and Cecilia acted that way accordingly or not.

In the eyes of Vanque Milios, the man high up above in the sky when there was not enough time for another thunder strike. The threat in front needs to be dealt with.

“Origin of Flames: Grasp of Dircon.” Then the unexpected happened.

A shadowy figure of three students jumping forth towards Vanque Milios just after the Grasp of Dircon touched the Blue Whale.

“Blinding Light...!” He who is eager to be acknowledged, Kan Uolo.

“Great Magic: Paralyzing Effect...!” He who is in search for his true self, Shinra Mavirus.

“Aaaahhhhh...!” And she who is carrying the weight of her people, looked like a proper princess fighting her own way to expel the greater evil that silenced her home. Extending her right-hand so freely up in the sky bearing the ambitions, dreams, smiles, fears, and taken lives of the people of Auriora Kingdom as well as her cowardly self. Mika screamed to the extent of her lungs, “Auriora Thirteen Series: 7th Series, The Essence...!” The wonderful strokes of light captivated Vanque Milios unable to move and repel the attack.

“You’ve grown, Mika...” How she wanted for her family to say those very words at this moment.

However…

“Hahahaha...! You are certainly what I have been waiting for Mika Torri!” Everyone guarded themselves immediately at the thought of what could Vanque Milios do. Taking Mika Torri’s full blown out attack… The students could not see from the dashing lights for a second.

When at last, someone stopped Vanque from moving rather out of thin air a person stopped Vanque. Mika Torri’s attack vanished along the appearance of a man.

“You’ve been gone on long enough, we have things to do than play, Vanque.” Without a care to the situation, he went on to remind him.

“Huh, who said you could ruin my fun?” It wasn’t visible unlike how a person would let loose aura or unbelievable amounts of mana, yet all of them felt a strange fear that rendered them speechless.

“You should take his advice.” Only one out of all of them appeared to be composed.

“Oh my, Cecilia Merue who knew you could be here.”

“If you are here to take Vanque then just go.”

“Hear that, Vanque?”

Neither, Kan, Shinra, or Mika could get to move their eyes nor entire body as if they are frozen in space.

“Tsk, I don’t know why you are protecting Tempest Cecilia but as I said I don’t have any business with you.” Vanque then looked at the frozen stiff Mika.

“As long as you harm Tempest, that goes for the students, Vanque I would not keep quiet.” Such unbearable atmosphere must it be for the three Tempest students.

“Oh, have you taken a liking to this place?” The man who just appeared then taken an interest on the topic.

“It’s none of your business, Astuto.” 

“Haha, I would have stayed a bit longer, but we must go, I’ll take a visit later once I have some free time, Cecilia. Let’s go, Vanque.”

“When I get back don’t be too dull, Mika I look forward to it and as for the two of you midgets I’ll kill you two next time for interfering.”

Just as the man appeared out of thin air they disappeared without any trace.

After a few seconds have passed Mika and Shinra regained a bit of composure.

“Oi, brats since you now involved yourself in this world it will be difficult to escape or try to escape altogether. There’s only one thing you can do. That is to get stronger to protect yourselves. If that is more than clear to you then that’s fine. Just a reminder if you are not in Tempest anymore, I don’t have any obligation to protect you so keep that in mind.”

Cecilia then hovered the three students to land as the barrier of Tempest slowly dispels.

0