Chapter 34
1.1k 2 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 34

Our bounds removed, me, the Hackclaw, and the Savaga were now facing the Gigarillon in a three versus one combat. And even though some might say that it was excessive for three monsters to gang up against the lone Gigarillon, just simply being able to turn both the Tronobo and Pronobo (which were both a level ahead of us in terms of power) into mere subordinates spoke clearly of the Gigarillon’s ability. In fact, the three of us might not even be enough to defeat the monster. Though of course, that didn’t mean that I would not try to win.

At first, I was quite worried if the Savaga and the Hackclaw would be willing to cooperate in fighting together against the Gigarillon. Fortunately, it seemed like the two monsters also found the Gigarillon to be the biggest threat so they seemed willing to at least not get in each other’s way. In short, the three of us unofficially agreed on a temporary alliance and ceasefire. Though because the two were both still a monster, I had to be careful because I had no idea when the two would turn their claws and fangs against me. And among the two, the Hackclaw was the most worrying given its track record so far of being incredibly brutal and vicious.

I gazed at the Gigarillon while searching for any possible opening to attack. Similarly, both the Hackclaw and Savaga were doing the same thing as me while also clearly being cautious against the Gigarillon. On the other hand, the Gigarillon’s attitude was the exact opposite of us. In fact, the Gigarillon wasn’t even showing the slightest bit of worry and was instead smiling fiercely towards us. Though obviously, I could easily guess that the Gigarillon’s attitude was a clear invitation towards us to come and bring it on.

Answering the Gigarillon’s challenge, I immediately activated haste and charged using my top speed towards the monster. Probably also sensing the Gigarillon’s challenge, the Hackclaw and Savaga also charged at the same time as me. Though for some reason, even though the three of us hadn’t strategized on how to attack, it seemed as if the three of us instinctively knew how to position ourselves in order to best corner the Gigarillon.

While I charged at the left side of the Gigarillon, the Hackclaw positioned itself and charged on the monster's right side, all the while the Savaga charged head on upfront. And clearly, coincidence or not, this attack formation was a systematic approach that maximized both the fighting style and individual strengths of each of us.

Of course, given my speed, it was inevitable that I would be the first one to reach the Gigarillon. Unfortunately, just before I managed to get close, the Gigarillon hit the ground with such force that it created a mini-earthquake while also spreading numerous cracks in its immediate vicinity. And being the one closest to the monster in that instant, the momentum I had built worked against me and I was inevitably sent tumbling pathetically on the ground. Following that, I felt someone grabbing me by the tail along with a floating sensation. The next thing I knew, the Hackclaw was already upfront slashing its scythe-like arm towards me.

Instinctively, I used my claws to swiftly fling away the Hackclaw’s arm with a very practiced movement. But then, my vision suddenly blurred and the next thing I saw was the rapidly approaching Savaga and its arm that was seemingly on the verge of brushing me aside. After that, I felt a jolt of pain on the left side of my body, and I was sent rolling into the ground.

My vision spun around. But even still, I gritted my fangs and forced my wobbling body to stand. Damn… that bastard waved me around like some mere rag doll… I thought while looking towards the Gigarillon.

Upon looking forward, I saw the Hackclaw and Savaga in the same pathetic state as me. Then as if showing off the difference in our power, the Gigarillon was just standing there in the same position as before while looking totally unfazed. And though I truly didn’t want to admit it, that first exchange (if you could even call it that) showed that the Gigarillon was without a doubt league above us in all aspects of combat. Honestly, I even had a feeling that the Gigarillon was most definitely capable of killing us in that mere instant but just chose not to. The most frustrating thing was; the Gigarillon was now looking at us with a clear disappointment plastered on its face.

Tsk! I’m not done yet!!

Of course, I knew very well that I sounded like a sore loser. But believe it or not, I genuinely think that we still had a chance. In fact, it was even truer because the Gigarillon seemed to be holding back. Probably, from the very beginning, the Gigarillon had no intention of ever killing us. And though there was still the possibility that the Gigarillon would change its mind, just knowing that it had no intention of killing us changes everything because we could take advantage of that.

The first one to reengage was the Savaga. And using all its might, the Savaga grappled against the Gigarillon while letting out a war cry. Taking advantage of that, the Hackclaw aimed at the Gigarillon’s back.

Though the Gigarillon didn’t look back, I knew for a fact that it had already noticed the Hackclaw’s approach. But before the Hackclaw even noticed it, the Gigarillon suddenly lifted up the Savaga and threw it into the air. Then as the Hackclaw swung its arm towards the Gigarillon’s back, the Gigarillon’s image suddenly blurred while for some unknown reason, the Hackclaw flew backwards as if it was hit by a truck.

Of course, it wasn’t as if I was just standing there doing nothing. In fact, I even timed my attack at the same exact moment that the Hackclaw swung its arms. Though unlike the Hackclaw, I didn’t suddenly fly backwards but instead I passed by the blurred image of the Gigarillon. And to be perfectly honest, it felt as if I had attacked a ghost. But because my perception of time was slightly enhanced when haste was on, I could easily guess what had happened.

In simple terms, what the Hackclaw and I had attacked was an after image. In short, the Gigarillon had moved so fast that it actually left an after image behind. The terrifying thing was, the Gigarillon only moved ever so slightly but even that was enough to leave an after image behind. And honestly, even though I only saw some glimpse of what had transpired, I could swear that the movements of the Gigarillon was so precise it was downright like an art.

In that mere instant, I felt an overwhelming shock, fear, and awe towards the Gigarillon. And while haste was still active, I unconsciously looked up and saw the Gigarillon flashing an amused smile at me.

Time moved slowly as the Gigarillon’s leg rushed towards my face. Normally, an attack moving at such speed would be enough to leave me with a fatal concussion. That was why in logical sense, the best thing to do was to either dodge it altogether or to at least avoid being hit head on. And given the effect of haste, it would be at least possible for me to minimize the damage if I went by the second scenario. Unfortunately, given the Gigarillon’s speed, I could easily tell that this was my one and only chance to get in contact with the Gigarillon. So instead of picking one between the two scenarios, I chose a third approach and simply accepted the Gigarillon’s attack head on.

I welcomed the Gigarillon’s attack with open arms, and as I felt the Gigarillon’s leg made contact with my head, I embraced the Gigarillon’s leg so tight like my life depended on it. Though of course, the impact of the Gigarillon’s kick wasn’t something that I could just simply brush aside. In fact, the impact was so powerful that I even lost consciousness for a moment. And to make matters worse, when my consciousness finally returned, a headache so bad I thought my head would split apart assaulted me.

Luckily, even though my vision was blurred and dyed in red, I still managed to keep holding on to the Gigarillon’s leg. And while still tethering between the boundaries of both dream and reality, I couldn’t stop myself from forming a victorious smile. A split second later, I blindly bit the Gigarillon’s leg.

My sharp fangs immediately sank into the flesh of the Gigarillon’s leg. And though the leg’s compact muscles gave some slight resistance, my sharp and durable fangs still successfully pierced the layers of flesh and muscles on the Gigarillon’ leg. In fact, I think that my fangs even reached some blood vessels because I could feel the Gigarillon’s blood flowing inside my mouth.

Immediately, I swallowed the Gigarillon’s blood and activated Devour. Then by combining the healing effect of that skill and Recuperate, I managed to slightly recover from the damage I received. As a result, I gained enough strength to further sink my fangs into the Gigarillon’s leg.

It was then that from somewhere, even though my ears were still ringing, I could swear that I heard a cry of pain coming from the Gigarillon’s mouth. And probably in an effort to separate me from its leg, I felt the Gigarillon’s hands forcefully pulling me away. Unfortunately, that shaking only further worsened its wounds which caused a much more intense bleeding than before. Then as if finally realizing that its action was only worsening the situation, the Gigarillon stopped pulling my body and instead proceeded to hit me probably with its fist.

Without any pause, multiple impacts hit my battered body as if trying to completely flatten me. At first, it felt so incredibly painful to the point that my mind went blank numerous times. As a matter of fact, I couldn’t even see because my vision had long since completely turned bloody scarlet most likely as a result of all the punishments my body had received. But despite that, I still stubbornly kept on holding on. Unfortunately, despite my best efforts, my body eventually went completely numb. Following that, my vision switched from red, to white, to black. Then as if on cue, the ringing on my ears came to a halt accompanied by the sensation of sinking in a sea of a cold dark abyss. I tried to move and resist but it was all in vain. Until finally, even my consciousness that I desperately tried to hold onto completely slipped away.

Aside from my Patreon, you can also check the advance chapters here:

Link: https://www.webnovel.com/book/the-familia-head-was-reborn-as-a-wolf-in-another-world_18953689106862405

30