The End
258 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“No, teacher. Please let me take over, I think I have a better chance at persuading him.” Ren interrupted suddenly.

 

The air twisted violently as Zabuza and Haku stared at the redhead with curiosity.

 

Kakashi stood there befuddled at the development of the situation and unsure of how to respond. The two exchanged several looks before the jounin’s body shuddered and he just let out a sigh as a sign of defeat. His shoulders slumping downwards.

 

“Sure, sure… Well you already know the gist of what I wanted to say, so just make sure you get the point across their head.”

 

Kakashi proceeded to ruffle his apprentice’s hair and leave with a shrug. A chain of actions which left the Kiri rogue-duo dumbfounded even if they chose not to show it outwardly.

 

Does he really trust a genin enough to let him take over such an important conversation? Well, not like I can really speak… I lost to the after-mentioned genin and I’m practically a prisoner. I doubt Haku can save me in time from these chains.’

 

Zabuza hadn’t been alive to witness the glamorous rise of the clan of the Uzumaki, but during the many years of service he had undoubtedly heard tales of their achievements and terrifying prowess.

 

He wasn’t foolish enough to challenge the might of one of their creations – even if wielded by a green boy like the genin in front of him.

 

Ren raised his hand and pointed it at the infamous Demon of the Mist.

 

With a snap of his fingers, the chains loosened enough for even a man of his stature to writhe – not in pain, never in pain – at the eerie feeling.

 

“The main function of those chains is to seal big fellas such as a Tailed Beast, so if they end up being too restraining my bad, to be honest even maintaining them for such a minor task is quite taxing on me, so I’ll have to apologize for any inconvenience they might cause. Too much chakra excess.”

 

Yeah, the last part was just utter bullshit. When summoned, only usage of chakra was moving them around. But Zabuza didn’t need to know that little minor detail, no one had to.

 

“Heh, as if I care about your technique brat. Spare me the details; we both know what you want to do to me right now. It’s not my first time you know?”

 

A guffaw escaped Ren’s mouth and he could merely restrain himself from holding his stomach at the amount of laughter escaping him.

 

Although not visible due to his mask, Haku barely held himself from frowning at the scene in front of him. His hand twitched and an urge to kill the Uzumaki with the first chance he got was quickly rising.

 

The boy was revealing too many openings just by his stance at the moment – fragile.

 

His lithe body did not relax at all even though his precious person was mostly freed from the chains.

 

Just give me the signal… I’ll hit knock him out the instant you tell me!’

 

His feelings were mutual.

 

Ren walked forward and Zabuza couldn’t help but move his hands around, his instincts screaming at him to plunge forward – which he could do since the chains were now removable – and decapitate the poor genin using one of his many ninja tools in his holster.

 

Heck, even without his arms he could just kill the redhead just using his feet which weren’t even chained anymore. He’d do it even – yet there was something primal… something wise inside of him which kept arguing otherwise.

 

It’s not worth your life! – Even if you do it, there’s still the Copy Ninja who’d kill you.

 

Taking him hostage never went through his mind. He felt nonplussed at the situation.

 

“Teach’ wanted to offer you a way out of being a rogue and out of Kiri’s palms – but I can’t be bothered! I got a better suggestion for ya buddy. If you ask me, I’d say you should take it by the way.”

 

Ren grinned from the beginning to the end. Zabuza blinked and his eyes wandered from the redhead to the silverhead in the distance,’Is this brat… trying to do something under his teacher’s nose?’

 

It was amusing. Zabuza had not seen this sort of action from a genin of all people before. It was a new experience, one he did not necessarily dislike.

 

“Go on kid, I’ll try to entertain you this one time.” Zabuza spoke with brusque and in a way which ignited ridicule, if Ren had noticed it – he didn’t show it.

 

Not like the swordsman had much of a choice right now anyway. He didn’t have his sword, previous thoughts of lunging at the genin had soon extinguished as he didn’t have a clue at how fast he could chain him down once again, and even he knew how much of a worse situation he could’ve been.

 

“What Kakashi-sensei would’ve offered you is pretty much a choice which solely benefits Konoha, you probably already know that right? If it was any other village, they probably would’ve killed you straight away due to your extraordinary bounty in the Bingo Books, but not ours!”

 

Ren spoke with a childish vehemence. Zabuza couldn’t disagree at the notion, the fact he wasn’t directly and swiftly executed was a surprise to him in the first place.

 

He had heard Konoha had suffered massive losses due to the many ‘tragedies’ and ‘accidents’ which had happened in recent years, but actually recruiting rogue ninjas?

 

Heh, that was practically unheard of in most Hidden Villages.

 

Yet- ‘

 

Zabuza bristled unconsciously as wild thoughts passed through his mind.

 

Why do I feel like I’ve just wove a thread with the devil?’

 

“Your silence speaks for itself my friend!”

 

A dulcet and soothing voice resounded and recaptured his attention away from his thoughts.

 

“You’re a feisty genin aren’t you? Working under your Jounin Instructor’s orders. How did you even manage to convince him to do it?” Zabuza once again decided to dodge the topic in hand, something which didn’t leave without notice.

 

“Listen sire – you and me – we could be doing lots of great stuff out there Zabuza! You, one of the greatest swordsmen Kiri has had the honor giving birth to; Me, the greatest Uzumaki Konoha has the right to proudly say – we could be doing deeds and leave a mark in history!”

 

“Stop spouting nonsense brat, if you’re going to continue being this dumb just go bring your cyclops companion here.”

 

“Well that’s true you know, not like Kakashi-sensei is really one-eyed! It’s just that only one of his eyes is his… Wait does that even count? How does that even work?”

 

Zabuza found the attitude of the fellow ninja before him infuriating.

 

Was this the same boy who could end his life in one shot? – In his eyes he was not, but his skin bristled all the same.

 

His situation was inscrutable in his eyes – not his body.

 

“What are you implying here genin?” Zabuza’s eyebrow-less eyes narrowed down as they stabbed directly into Ren’s soul.

 

“How about we do this my way. We’ll both profit! That little I really-really promise.”

 

“Go on brat.”

 

Zabuza relaxed even further. The aplomb attitude Ren was showcasing to him, was plenty enough to pique his interest.

 

“You are interested in why Kakashi-sensei chose to leave me to talk to you right? I can explain it to you in a few short words – He was forced to.”

 

Why was Kakashi forced to?

 

To answer such a question, you’d have to go all the way back to when the Uzumaki’s had witnessed the birth of the village of Konoha. One of the most elementary laws they had agreed upon, was that if the numbers were depleted low enough, then said clan had the right to chose their “war rewards” first.

 

Whether that was to simply breed themselves back to a high number, or simply for the fuck of it, Ren wasn’t clear enough. However, it was pretty easy to exploit as a plot hole. Regardless of that, Kakashi would’ve been obliged to agree since he would’ve used a seal on him – worst scenario.

 

He really didn’t want to try seducing the angel and end up tempting the devil.

 

“Funny, talk more.”

 

xXx

 

Kakashi did not know what to expect when he had allowed his apprentice to take over the talks with Zabuza. In fact, he didn’t even know why he had done so.

 

Sure, as an experienced veteran, he knew about the many advantages a rotting clan had in comparison to someone like him; a man who had abandoned his clan in all but surname.

 

“Done, Kakashi-sensei. He’s agreed to come back with us to Konoha and serve the Uzumaki and Senju Clans until his service is no longer required!”

 

So, when his apprentice had successfully returned with a wide grin, he could only helplessly shake his head.

 

“You filthy mongrels… You think this is all over don’t you?!”

 

His peace was disrupted by the most unpleasant screech he had ever heard before – and that was saying something, as he had seen how loudly that Haruno girl could scream.

 

He had covered his sharingan a long time ago, so his lone eye surveyed the source of vileness and did not like what it saw.

 

Gato.

4