Chapter 6
281 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lex had so much fun playing with her sister Azia.  Her sister had asthma, so Adna and Al had a business trip out of town for one week, they decided to bring Azia with them.  Lex easily understood and she did not worry because Aunt Felip would be there for her and her younger brother Al the second.  Adna took older nanny for the young Al.  When they left, Lex promised she would help taking care of her brother.  Al and Adna were picked up by Al’s older sister, the one who gave them check and Adna’s wedding gown.  It was the first time of  both Al and Adna to be in that place.  Azia was so quiet and she just watched Al’s sister driving the car.  It was month of September and Al’s sister who had the second highest position in the company where she worked had her new assignment to another country the next month.  She wanted to bring Azia with her.  The first time Adna got so mad and she quarreled Al.  “Azia is not a piglet that we just give to  her, if you would allow her to take Azia, then I will fly with Azia using a military helicopter leaving you here”, said Adna to Al. It was obvious to Azia that something went wrong between her mom and dad.  Adna would cry to insist Al should never permit her sister to bring the child with her to another country.  Good if it is only two days but it is not.  She would be there for two years.  Adna when she was young, she would always get what she wanted from Papa Mar and Mama Rona.  When Adna said something, Papa Mar would listen to her and Mama Rona took seriously everything Adna said to her.  Al knew about it, no way for him to go against Adna’s will.  The next morning, Al’s older sister told Azia, “we will go shopping, buy everything you want”, then she gave Azia a card which she can use for payment.  Azia received the card and she was bringing the card with her all the time.  She was walking around to pick everything she would like without limitation.  Adna who was just watching her child suddenly got the chance to speak with Azia.  She told her, “if you get many, then the police will catch you”.  Azia, believing her mother just picked a pair of ordinary slippers went to Al’s older sister and she returned the card.  Azia told her, “you pay”.  Adna went to the office of her agent to show her documents for exportation of her fashion accessory products.  They stayed long hours at the mall while waiting for Al’s older sister to pick them up after her work.  Al and Adna had the chance to buy dresses for Lex and Azia and nice toys for baby Al.  They also bought prrsents for Aunt Felip,Uncle Mike, and the nannies of Lex, Azia and baby Al.  Adna packed all their things ready to fly home.  Adna did not thank Al’s older sister.

They arrived at night, Lex was so happy to see her parents and sister.  After embracing and kissing Lex, Adna carried baby Al.  All the presents were distributed by Lex.  Aunt Felip carried Azia whom she missed so much.  Uncle Mike just slowly clapped his hands in order to get the attention of the kids.  The nannies were so grateful to Lex who was so proud giving the gifts.  Then she played with her brother with his new toys.  They played on the floor,  specially the battery operated jumping lion.  They had so much fun.  Adna thanked God, Azia is with her.  After the long travel, Adna slept early with Azia beside her.  Al needs time to remove Adna’s anger to her older sister and no doubt Adna includes him.  Al patiently wait until it subsides.  One time Papa Mar told Al, “I really admire Adna, even if it is our sin but she has no hatred in her heart.  She would not speak  with you at first when she is still mad, but later she will be the first to come to you and talk again joyfully without discussing again what happened”.  Al just waited for that time.  He knew it won’t take long.

Here comes month of October, two big celebrations.  Baby Al’s first birthday and Lex birthday.  The classmates of Lex are many.  Each one of them must receive foods after singing the birthday song to Lex.  The teachers also must join the students when they eat the foods of the birthday celebrant.  The biggest celebration would be in Adna’s home with many guests.  Baby Al celebrates first on the 13th of October, then followed by birthday of Lex on the 30th of October.  Adna and Azia also have the same birthmonth.  March 17 is Azia’s birthday and on the 28th of March is Adna’s birthday. During busy preparations of their birthdays, Adna never forgot October 24 when Papa Mar was gone and October 30 also was the birth anniversary of Al’s late father.

Time had come most waited by Al, Adna now approached him saying, “we will order balloons for baby Al’s birthday.  Al happily replied, “Yes”.  They both went out riding Al’s motorcycle.  At night many guests came, the workers of Adna told her that they almost run out of plates, fork and spoon.  Adna said, “ what is important is  that we still have bounty of foods.  Use the disposable plates, fork and spoon I bought”.

When guests were going home, Adna told them to bring home some food for their family.  Almost all of them brought home foods for their family members who were not able to come to Adna’s house.  Amazing, Adna never run out of food.  “Adna is blessed because of her sincerity of sharing to others, not because she has good income this time but because of feeling fulfilled when she makes other people happy”, Aunt Felip telling the nannies.

Adna knew Mom Rona and Papa Mar were watching over her.  When things seemed difficult for her,  Mom Rona and Papa made her a winner.  When she flew home with Azia and when the child listened to her, the battle was over.  Against all odds, I am the winner.  Thank you Papa Mar and Mom, I love you, as always”, Adna speaking silently to herself.

0