Chapter 7
277 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘’’’What a nice day to begin,  with my whole family with me’’, Adna said to herself.  Back to  business, as usual.  Adna looked forward to celebrate Christmas.  She told Azia and Lex that Santa Claus would visit and bring gifts for them so they must be good.  Santa Claus would not give to naughty kids.  Adna told Lex to hang three socks and write what they would like to receive from Santa.  She told Azia to do the same.  Lex also wrote for baby Al.  Then Adna took their Christmas tree and started to decorate the different colored balls.  Lex helped her, she placed some decorations at the bottom part of the Christmas tree which she could easily reach.  Azia just looked at her father getting ready for the Christmas lights to make the Christmas tree more beautiful and attractive.  Adna was also thinking of buying early the gifts for the whole family and for Aunt Felip, Uncle Mike, all the workers including the nannies, some friends in connection with her business.  Adna and Al must prepare earlier to avoid crowds of people at the mall.  A big waste of time specially at the counter where many people would line up just to pay what they would like to buy.  Most of these people  purchase a lot.  It would also take time to wrap all these gifts, the one who would receive it should not know what is inside, it is a surprise.  Gifts should only be opened on the Christmas Eve.  

Lex told Aunt Felip,’’ I would ask Santa Claus crayons, beautiful notebook, pencils’’.  Azia also wrote silently.  Azia is not as expressive as Lex.   Aunt Felip just smiled.  I would also ask Santa Claus toys for baby Al.  Aunt Felip helped them place the letter inside the socks.  They just waited for Christmas time to come.  Adna when she found time, she would hide and wrap the gifts.  Some of the gifts already wrapped are placed beneath the Christmas tree.   Before Christmas time, Adna and Al found time to bring the kids to the mall to let them choose what toys they like.  Lex wanted a big teddy bear.  Al and Adna gave her a lot more with new dresses and shoes too.  Azia like stamps  with a disney character design.  Her parents bought her lots of new dresses and  pair of sandals too.  Baby Al had plenty of toys.  After they picked all that they liked, they go and eat ice cream at the food court of the mall.  Then they would go to another mall, to buy what they would like too.  When they reached home, they showed all what  they got to Aunt Felip and their respective nannies.

Day before Christmas, the workers got their gifts.  Adna told them to go underneath the Christmas tree and look for their names written  on each gift.  Lex joyfully helped find their names.  Lex said to them, ‘’open your gifts, I wanna see.  Her mom told  her, ‘’Lex, they would open their gifts when they go home, they have to wait until midnight’’.  Lex just smiled and said to Aunt Felip, ‘open your gift, please’.  Aunt Felip replied, ‘’later, when you receive your gifts from Santa Claus’’.  Adna told the kids, ‘’you go to sleep first and when 12 midnight strikes, I will wake you up to open your gifts from me and your dad, and from Santa Claus, too’’.  Lex answered, ‘Mom I would sing in our Christmas program before midnight’’.  Adna to her, “yes, and we will also play games and I will give the winner money’.  Lex replied, ‘’yehey…’  They played paper tearing, the one who had the longest gets the prize, then statue dance, trip to jerusalem, when the music stops the one who cannot sit the chair is out,  and a lot more games.  The one who would participate in their short Christmas program receives money as her prize.  The kids really enjoyed as their mom and dad also compete with them in the games.  A big chance that their mom or dad receives the prize.  Lex tried her very best to win the game.  Azia had only little chance compared to Lex.   Aunt Felip and Uncle Mike just watched them.  They also have to wait for midnight to greet everyone a “Merry Christmas’’.  The kids then went to sleep, but Lex were so excited waiting for Santa Claus to come and hand in their gift.  They wrote a lot for Santa and Lex knew that she is good, Azia is good and baby Al is good too.  Midnight came, Adna kissed the kids and her husband, and greeted them “Merry Christmas’’.  She gave their respective gifts.  She also gave the gifts to Aunt Felip and Uncle Mike.  She kissed them and greeted them “Merry Christmas’’.  Al did the same too.  They all open their gifts, not one gift, but many gifts to open for each of them.  Lex told Aunt Felip, ‘’where is Santa Claus, did he come to bring our gifts’’.  Aunt Felip replied, look at the door, he might just placed the gifts near the socks you hang. Lex shouted to Azia, “ come, there are three plastic bags, let us  see what is inside.’’  Lex read the plastic bags her name, then the other for Azia, then the other one for baby Al.  Lex saw the big plastic bags were full of variety of expensive chocolates.  She asked Azia what she received.  Azia showed her all the chocolates.  Baby Al too, received many expensive chocolates.  Lex told Adna, ‘’Mom, does Santa Claus know how to read?  I asked him big crayons, pencils, nice notebook but he gave me chocolates.’  Adna just laughed looking at her husband Al.   Christmas after Christmas, they still write to Santa and still receive chocolates.  One time, Azia who was inside the house, suddenly went out,  I know who Santa is.  I saw mom and dad hang 3 plastic bags on the door.  Adna to her surprise said “No Azia, Santa Claus is different from us’’.  Azia insisted, “Mom I used the mirror from inside, and I saw you and dad bringing plastic bags’’.  Adna just laughed and so with Al and Aunt Felip.  They can not fool Azia.  She is very wise.  Azia told Lex,  ‘’  that is why when we asked something from Santa writing him a letter, he gave us something else, because Santa is mom and dad.  Every Christmas all expensive chocolates, because mom is very busy so she just bought all the same for the three of us’’.  Lex just laughed.

There were also old couple who really had nothing to prepare for  Christmas.  They came from the next city.  They were selling firecrackers before, but since it was declared illegal, they had to stop.  They just come to Adna and Al’s house a day before Christmas.  Adna would ask Al to go with her to buy groceries for them.  The old couple just waited at Adna’s house.  When Adna and Al arrived, they brought plenty of foods for the couple.  Adna handed the groceries to them with money as a Christmas present for the old couple.   Adna also prepared packs of rice for those who would come and ask for Christmas gift.  ‘’The spirit of sharing is the essence of Christmas.  Though Christmas is for children but in our hearts the old also deserve to experience joy during this season’, she told Lex and Azia.  The two girls understood the kindness of their mom.

0