Chapter 9
279 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The local buyers of Adna were informed that she already had the license to export her fashion jewelries, but they asked Adna to accept orders from them.  One of them had so many orders that had only one week time as its due date.  After Adna completed the delivery, another order came much bigger in volume.  This time given was  one month as its due date.  It was difficult for Adna to cope up with the due date but she tried her very best and with the cooperation of her workers she was able to deliver on time.   The same buyer ordered the same items with the same quantity which Adna finished in one month, but this time Adna was just given one week as its due date.  Adna could not say no and had to accept the orders.  Adna and Al worked day and night, with very little sleep.  Adna promised her workers that after they complete the orders.  they will go to the beach and those who would like to watch movie, Adna would give them a break and let them watch movies.  Adna wanted to treat them all. Though it was too hard for them, but they made it.  The orders were completed in one week.  Adna, as promised scheduled their outing to the beach, some workers of Adna lived in the place with a beach nearby.  They had fun, all the children, Lex, Azia, and Al the second were with them, together with their nannies.

They had plenty of foods, and one of the workers asked Adna to go their farm.  She wanted to give Adna young corns for her to bring home.  Adna went with her, and it was a long walk.  When they reached the farm, the father of the worker said, that the corn was too young to harvest.  Adna just returned to the beach accompanied by the worker.  Adna was told by the nanny of Lex that the pair of earrings of the child was lost.  Al tried to find, but Adna said to Al, ‘’never mind, we will just buy another earrings for Lex’’.  In the afternoon, they already left the beach resort as to reach Adna’s home a bit earlier.  Aunt Felip, and Uncle Mike did not come with them.  They just stayed at home, and just reminded Adna to always keep an eye to the children, Lex, Azia and Al the second. They arrived quite early, so Adna told Al that they buy the materials they needed for the ongoing orders.  They left the kids to Aunt felip  with their respective nannies.  After they bought the materials, Adna was back to work.  The workers as promised by Adna had their break from work.

Adna then went to sleep, but then suddenly she had heartburn.  Al , who was still awake told Adna that they need to go to the doctor, but when he looked at his watch it was almost midnight.  The clinic of the doctors most of the time were closed until  6:00 in the evening.  When Adna started to vomit and when Al ask her to stand up, she could not stand up straight, Al decided to bring Adna to the hospital in the next city.  Al went to Aunt Felip and told her he would bring Adna to the hospital.  He told Aunt Felip not to tell the kids specially Lex, who easily worries.  It was early Monday morning, and Al stayed with Adna in the hospital.  Adna suffered too much stomach pain, but no medication was given, only dextrose.  Adna always asked for pain reliever, but she was not given.  ‘’If we were at home, I could buy pain reliever at the nearest store’’, she told Al.  Adna then told Al to call the priests and nuns to pray for her.  One of the priests came with some of Adna’s friends, but when he asked where Adna’s room was, he was informed that Adna was already out.  Adna instructed Al to inform Uncle Rom, and after they knew Uncle Rom called the hospital and Adna was already taken cared of.  Many doctors came in and asked Adna so many questions.  Adna did not like to reply.  One young male doctor came in and then he pushed the abdomen of Adna using his fingers.  Adna felt severe pain manifested by her not so loud shouting.  The doctor said to some nurse attendants, ‘’ she is too young, let’s save her, this is a ruptured appendicitis, hurry go and prepare the operating room’’.  Adna was supposed to be the 17th patient scheduled for operation, but the young doctor insisted to have Adna in the operating room first replacing the 16th patient.  Al called their local buyer and asked the name of their surgeon doctor.  He was the one who operated Adna with the assistance of the young doctor who wanted to save Adna.  After the surgery, Adna was brought to her semi- private room.  There were other patients in that room.  When Adna was already in the recovery room, she had difficulty breathing.  She developed allergy, resulting to asthma.  The doctor came in to nebulize her with a smoke containing medicine for asthma.  Adna did not respond to that medication.  She was catching her breath.  One of Adna’s worker was there, so she told that lady worker, to bring her outside where she could grasp air.  One doctor told Adna and Al to have his payment in cash and not in check.  Al had  to go to a friend, their supplier of rattan and he told them  what was going on. They went straight to visit Adna and brought money to pay to that doctor.  The doctor who saved Adna did not ask any payment.  Adna then asked Al to bring her to the office of the the hospital owner.  Adna talked with the not so old owner.  Adna told him that she wanted to go home and asked him to please accept her post dated check.  The owner happened to be the Uncle of Adna’s local buyer, so he signed a note that the cashier would accept the postdated check and Adna can go out of the hospital.  

The children at home were looking for their parents, specially their mom Adna.  Lex was so affected, she did not go to school for many days.  Al just went home Wednesday, so Lex knew her mom was in the hospital.  Lex good enough caring her siblings, went to the house of their worker who live close to them.  She brought plate and placed on top of her head.  She asked for cooked rice as food for her, Aunt Felip, and her siblings.  Then she would get the wedding pictures of her parents and scattered the pictures on her bed.  Aunt Felip always stayed close to Lex.  the nanny would ask her to go to school, but she would say, ‘’no, I want my mom’’.  When Adna arrived, she immediately told Al to go to the family doctor of Papa Mar.  Al brought the doctor to their house.  The doctor was the one who took care of Adna everytime she got sick since she was a child.  The doctor used to come to Adna’’s house.  Al brought the doctor using his motorcycle.  He checked Adna and this time Adna could not refuse being given injectable medication to prevent her from infection.  Adna was bed rest for two months.  The business had to be stopped.  The unfinished orders of Adna gave her so much worry, and her friend with the same local buyer told Adna she would help Adna complete the orders.  Though it was the hardest time for Adna and Al still they were  thankful to  God that everything is alright.  When Adna was already well, she asked Al to accompany her to the hospital.  She wanted to thank the young doctor who had the heart to save her.  They were informed that the doctor just got married and he was out of the country for his honeymoon.  Al informed his mother who lived with her younger sister abroad.  They sent money to cover all the expenses incurred in the hospital.  Thanks be to God.  Mom Rona and Papa Mar with Aunt Feliz surely were watching over Adna and prayed for Adna.  God sent the young doctor to gave Adna a chance to live longer for her family whom she loved the most.  

0