Chapter 18
274 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today Al and Adna went to the mall to buy some groceries.  On their way home they noticed there were many people who were in a procession.  So many people, then Adna realized the procession is for Our Lady of Sorrow.  Her son Jesus was crucified on the cross with her standing beneath the cross.  She was so brave to witness her son hang on the cross and many soldiers were mocking Him.  One even pierced his side which made the blood and water from his body flowed out.  How courageous and brave she is as a mother.  I could not do that, ‘’Adna said to herself’’.  If anyone would hurt my children, I could for sure cut the head of that person who would try to harm any of the child, ‘’Adna openly expressed her thoughts.  Christians now remembers the passion and death of Jesus Christ.

It was in March when Adna’s friend who was a secretary of the priest in another place.  She called Adna asking for help because her father had an attack.  Her father was hypertensive.  They brought their father, with Adna’s friend and her family, to the nearest hospital, but the hospital was not equipped with facilities like the CT scan, so the patient had to be transferred to the hospital in the next city.  Adna’s friend did not know any doctor from that hospital so she asked Adna to help her as she has known so many doctors in the previous free clinics she did in the church where she belonged.  Adna told her friend to tell the admitting nurse in the hospital the name of the doctor who was also Adna’s friend.  Then Adna through telephone called the doctor and told her that the father of her friend would be admitted and she will the one to manage the patient.  The doctor had been working with Adna helping poor patients for free.  Even though she is a doctor and her husband is also a doctor, their life as a couple was like hell.  Every problem she had she told Adna everything.  They live in one roof but they don’t speak to each other and if they do it would be a big fight.  Their children, the eldest who also took medical course and the other three younger children were aware of the situation of their parents.  The father who was a doctor of a big company and holds clinic also in a big hospital did not provide well the financial needs of the children.  There were times when their servant who had long time been serving them would contact Adna and tell her that they no longer have food to eat.  Adna had to go to their house and brought some food and also distributed money to the four children including the eldest who was already a medical student, Adna gave them same amount of money so that they could have allowance in school and when they need to buy something, they have money to spend.  Adna was watchful that the father would not see her.  He was not a good man and if he knew Adna is a good friend of his wife, he would also be mad with Adna.  

One time, friend of Adna, though a doctor was not spared of legal problems.  She borrowed money from a lending company whose owner was just her distant relative.  When she was not able to pay on time, she was sued and then later the doctor was convicted.  She cannot go out of her house as she would be arrested but she called Adna to help her and go to court to submit the documents for the Petition to Post Bail.  Adna told Al and riding their motorcycle, Al and Adna went to the house of the doctor and took the documents then went straight to the court and filed it.  Her husband did not care about her.  The doctor then  thanked Al and Adna for helping her.  The children specially the eldest who was a bit older than Lex, knew how things were going with her mom.  While staying with the doctor, she then told Adna that she was drowned to debt because her husband never helped her with the expense of sending their children to the most expensive school.  She told Adna that her husband was addicted to gambling.  Adna told her, ‘’every person has a story, it is just like passing a road which has different design.  Along the way there could be holes at the beginning, or at the middle or the end part of the road.  What is important is to continue the journey and never stop moving on.’’  The doctor listened to her.  Adna told her, ‘’just continue to do good deeds’’.  The doctor who was not arrested continued to hold a clinic.  She accepted patients specially priests and nuns without receiving payment from them.  Her patients became so many but she continued to serve them for free.  Priests have different congregations.  There are religious orders who had vow of poverty, and also active priests serving in the churches where they received certain amount as stipends but the doctor treated them alike.  She became a good doctor to them who had different illnesses like heart disease, hepatitis b, diabetes.  She is a family doctor so her treatment to patients were not limited unlike the specialist doctors.  Adna also brought some indigent patients and she treated them for free.  Sometimes Adna when the patient was prescribed with medicines had to spend her own money as it was so urgent to take antibiotics, it should be complete treatment for seven days.

The doctor became so busy with her services for free, and she gained a lot of friends who promised to pray for her.  Her son became a doctor also, the other one became top in her chosen career.  The other son who was the youngest of her three sons, attempted to commit suicide.  God did not allow he would succeed in ending his life.  He underwent counselling and then he went back to his studies.  The doctor friend of Adna had started to gain back her self confidence.  Everytime Adna goes to her clinic, it would take hours for Adna to come out of her clinic as she would be telling a lot to Adna.  When Azia suffered ear problem and two specialist doctors demanded huge amount of money, Adna went to her friend.  She gave Azia the medication for two months, and Azia was fine.  She did not charge Adna any payment, but Adna who knows her situation really would leave money so that she could buy something for the family.  She then filed annulment against her husband with the help of her oldest son who is already a doctor who went to the witness stand and told the Judge that his mom deserves to be happy.

Adna then told the doctor about the situation of her friend’s father and informed the doctor that the patient had no money, but she replied,’’ I need to refer the patient to a neurosurgeon doctor and when she named the doctor, Adna was so happy.  The neurosurgeon doctor was the one who helped her when she had a free clinic with more than a thousand patients not only exclusive to Christians but also Muslim brothers and sisters were also welcomed.

0