Chapter 28
264 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Adna is so happy today, job well done.  The high priest with another priest would come to Adna’s place to celebrate the Holy Mass for the feast day.  There would be huge crowd as it is to be celebrated at 5:00 p.m.  Adna went early to the chapel to see if the decoration is already done by the altar designer.  There were already new curtains, so nice curtains with crystals and the color of the cloth is gold.  When Adna saw that the decorations were not new, she then went straight to the officer of the chapel to accompany her to the one who would sponsor for the decorations on the feast day.  Adna went to the bakeshop owner who was assigned for the flowers at the altar.  She said, ‘’ I already gave last night the money for the flowers.’’  Adna replied, ‘’but it is almost noontime and no one changed the last night’s decoration.’’  Then Adna went back to chapel and stayed there all time.  She started cleaning the floor of the chapel, then wash all the chairs with water and scented liquid soap.   Someone volunteered to help Adna in cleaning the surroundings of the chapel.  Then so many flowers were brought and the designer started to put the beautiful curtains.  Adna bought the two decorators soft drinks and big loaves of bread.  The decorators were so happy.   The flowers were too many, so Adna noticed the time was running so fast.  She then started to arrange the chairs, and also prepared for the offertory.  Adna wanted too many would offer.  The offerings were fruits wrapped with colored cellophane and also Adna brought small white envelopes for those who were not able to buy fruits, they could offer money instead.  Adna told them, no need to put big amount of money for as long as they could offer, that would be okay.  

Then the priest arrive first, then Adna welcomed him, the priest took the hand of Adna and kissed.  Both Adna and the priest had their widest smile, just like the way Papa Mar would smile when Adna was patiently waiting for him from work bringing the boots of Papa Mar to evade the floody pathway to their home during the heavy rains.  Then came the high priest with a big smile to Adna.  Adna kissed the high priest and welcome him.  When the Holy Mass started there were not so many people.  Adna had distributed to her friends and relatives the small white envelope and Adna wanted that each family member would offer.  Adna also prepared three small white envelope for Lex, Azia , and Al the second.    When the Holy Mass started, the organist really made it so nice, when  the choir started to sing.  When Adna looked at her left side, she was amazed there were already many people, when she turned looking at her back still so many people and also at her right, many people could no longer sit because there were  no more chairs, more than a hundred people were already standing.  When offertory time, Adna stood up to arrange the offerers.  Lex, Azia, and Al the second also lined up to bring their offerins..  The priest, high priest and the acolytes could not believe,  the offerers were too many.  Adna felt so happy that everyone she asked to offer, really listened to her.    

After the Holy Mass, Adna gave the stipend to the high priest (monsignor).  Then a newly built house in front of the chapel had to be blessed.  Adna brought the two priests to that house.  It is a multi million house with a beautiful rooftop.  The high priest did the blessing as requested by the house owner.  After the blessing, a long dining table was full of foods.  There were also lots of fruits.  Adna told the high priest and the other priest,  ‘’we will be going to another house, then to another house, they are also preparing foods for you both’’.  The high priest enjoyed talking with the male owner of the house, so Adna told the other priest, ‘’let’s go to the other house, let us just leave monsignor here, the we will come back’’  The priest went with Adna to another house and his second time to eat.  Adna told him, ‘’we will go to another house, they are also waiting for you there.’’  He answered, ‘’I am too full, I can no longer eat again’’.  The monsignor together with Azia went to the third house, Adna  with the priest also went there but they did not eat.  Adna and the priest were already so full.  Adna told Al, Lex and Al the second to eat at home as they also have bounty of foods.  After dinner with the priests they would go straight to the near hotel and sleep there because at home it would be too noisy as there would be loud sound near their house for the feast celebration.  From the third house, the two priests would pass by Adna’s place, so Adna told the Monsignor, those are my banana plants already with fruits.  When Adna opened the gate, the two priests were amazed with Adna’s garden, with the ground covered with frog grass and the sides were planted with roses.  At the corner were the grapes grown by Al the second, the coconut trees filled with fruits.  The monsignor stepped back and said, ‘’wow’’.  Then Adna told Azia to go  inside the house and get thet ripe bananas that she harvested  last week.  Then Adna told the Monsignor, ‘’I would build a house for the aged on that side and when you are too old, you can live here.’’  The Monsignor was struck with what Adna said to him.  Then Adna said goodbye and thank you to all of them.  They all have to prepare the things they need to bring for their one night sleep at the hotel where there is no noise..   Adna told Al, ‘’make sure you leave lots of food and water to the cats.’’  Al answered, ‘’the cats eat plenty already’’.  

At home , Adna have plenty of cats.  At first there were only two cats, named ‘’tambok’’ and ‘’daut’’.  The most loved by Azia and Lex is ‘’tambok’’ a white cat with black spots.  While ‘’daut’’ is a gray cat.  Tambok has a big round eyes and he is really fat.  Daut is not fat and have a tiger look eyes.  Tambok is given by Azia most of the time, corned beef, while Lex would always give tambok , roasted chicken, whole chicken. Tambok is their favorite.  The other cat daut would like to go near to Lex and Azia but lesser time is spent for daut.  One time the electric lights were turned off, and it was daut  who unplug the electric wire from the socket. Both Lex and Azia noticed that daut was intelligent.  Both tambok and daut stayed inside the house with a big space but when Lex developed allergy, the doctor told Adna to put the cats outside of the house.  It was too difficult for Adna to  put the cats outside right away because Azia would not like them to be unsafe outside as other cats from neighbors would come and quarrel tambok.  Azia told Adna, ‘’mom, just wrap tambok with cloth and let tambok still stay inside the house.’’  Al decided to make a small house of tambok at the garden.  Azia felt happy and most of the time she goes to the place of tambok.  

0