Chapter 30
275 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today, Adna is busy preparing for Aunt Felip’s birthday tomorrow.  Aunt Felip will be 105 years old.  She died in 2002 of January 12, so she is 17 years physically absent in the life of Adna.  Aunt Felip is never forgotten, she will have her birthday cake with inscription of ‘’Happy 105th birthday, Aunt Felip.’’  When Adna was a child, she slept beside Aunt Felip and she taught Adna the poem, “”Oh look at the moon, she is shining up there, Oh mother she looks like a lamp in the air, one day she goes smaller and shapes like a bow and then she grows bigger and shapes like an O.’’  Adna also learned the song, ‘’bunny, bunny, do not run away, I’ll give you grass and clover, if you will only stay.’’  When Adna had children, she taught Lex, Azia, and not much with Al the second because  Al the second had not pronounce well some letters like the letter R for orange is pronounced as L so he says olange.  Lex and Azia are both fluent of the poem and the song Aunt Felip taught.  Both of them including Adna still memorize the song and the poem.  Al the second slept with Aunt Felip, until she got sick, Al the second already slept with Adna and Al.  

When Al the second took his Licensure Exams as a Psychometrician, it was scheduled for two successive days.  Adna would stay all day together with some parents who also support their children taking the examination.  Adna had the chance to speak to a mother whose son had to bring from the government licensure department staff to do the writing in his answer sheet.  His son was permitted to have someone to write all his answers because he just had a motorcycle accident and his both hands were still wounded wrapped with bandage.  He also had fresh wounds on his forehead.  Then  she started telling Adna about her story.  Both Adna and her  were sitting on the same table but were sitting on the opposite side.  She told Adna that her husband was working in one of the countries in Europe.  He met an accident there, his face was totally damage.  He was confined in the hospital for three months.  She thought she could not visit her husband in the hospital considering the expense in going there.  She just call to get some updates of her husband’s condition.  Three months later, her husband after long confinement went home.  Their three children including the one taking the examination who just had a motorcycle accident, were always going to the church praying for their father.  Their prayers were answered.  Their father, after three months confinement in the hospital had finally come home.  When her husband arrived, he immediately told his wife that they would go to a church in the next province.  She asked her husband why?  She also told him, ‘’tell me the story why we would go to the church in the province.  Herr husband started to tell, ‘’When I was at the intensive care unit in that hospital, I was walking and as I walk,   the ground started to break, then I would jump in order not to be trapped on the broken part of the ground.  I continued to walk and then I noticed that the mountains at the side were turning around.  As I continued to jump, walk, still the ground keeps on breaking.  When I reach at a still mountain, meaning it  was not turning around, I saw people in a procession.  I could identify some and they are the Saints.  Then at their middle, there was a beautiful lady bringing three roses.  The beautiful lady asked me,’’why do you still want to live?’’  I answered, “”I want to see my wife and my children’’.  Then the three roses were clashed with a loud sound and I saw the petals dropping on the ground.  Then I woke up from being a comatose,  I was awakened with the loud sound of the clashed three roses.’’  When I opened my eyes, I saw the doctor beside me.  I was in coma for almost three months.’’  Then he said to his wife, ‘’that is why I want to go to a church in the next province to see the beautiful lady, Blessed Virgin Mary,  I want to thank her.’’  The wife prepared immediately for their travel by ship to the next province.  They have some friends there because their business was motorcycle parts and she used to buy stocks from that province.  She did not know which church they would go as there are many churches in that province.  The city where Adna lived belongs to that province.  One friend suggested names of the churches, until they finally had chosen one.  The church is Our Lady of Guadalupe wherein an apparition was in Mexico with lots of rose petals.  The church is so big, so as they walked towards the Altar, her husband suddenly cried on the floor like a little baby.  She told his wife, ‘’She is the one I saw while I was in comatose.  She is the one who asked me “”why do you want to live?’’ I answered, “”I want to see my wife and my children.’’  She saved me, after she clashed the three roses she was holding and I saw the petals falling into the ground.  The sound I heard made me awake after long time sleep in my  comatose condition.. The wife said, ‘’ all the expenses were paid by the company and even if I would go to that country they would pay for me, but I did not know.  Anyway , my husband is here now and I thank the Blessed Virgin Mary for saving my husband.’’  From that time he came home, her husband never went back to work in another country.  They continued their small business in their place.  Before the examinations, she and her children were praying and then they felt something wrong.  They continued to pray and then they were informed that her son had an accident.  He was driving his  motorcycle when he slipped and was out of balance.  He was filing his application to take the exams and it was good enough that there were no other vehicles next to him when he fall down the street.  His hands were affected and had some wounds on his forehead and when the CT scan was  done, there was no blood clot on his head.  He was determined to take the exam despite his condition where he was not completely healed.  He was given assistant to write down his answers.  It was a multiple choice and the answer sheet must be properly shaded.  Then later, Adna knew that he passed in the examinations.

When Azia also had her nursing licensure examinations,  Adna had the chance to talk with a lady judge.  Her only son was also taking the licensure exams.  At first Adna thought she was not a lawyer nor a judge,  Adna thought she was a Dean in  a University.  She was wearing red for good luck and her complexion was so vibrant with the color of her red blouse.  Her husband also was there, a professor in the law department in one of the Universities in Adna’s city.  The lady judge shared to Adna that not her father was a victim of land grabbing but her uncle.  Her father asked his children to study law and become a lawyer in order to have knowledge in protecting their rights.  No one was interested, so she decided to become a lawyer and eventually became a judge, a religious judge.  She told Adna, ‘’it is a must to have a lawyer in the family’’  So Adna was convinced, she asked Azia to enrol Law.  She also asked Lex to take up Law but she preferred to get masteral in Psychiatry.  Al the second who already finished Psychology, was also asked by Adna but jokingly Adna told Al the second, ‘’your handwriting is not so legible so for sure the judges in the supreme court may fail you during the bar exams, I cannot even read clearly your handwriting, how much more for them who are quite old already.’’  Then Azia and Lex just all laughed.  Later, Lex also studied law together with Azia.

0