Chapter 37
259 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Adna and Azia went to attend the Holy Mass officiated by the good Bishop together with many co-celebrants for the feast celebration in the church where Adna served. There was a processional of the priests and the main celebrant, the good bishop.  Azia who went out of the church for a while had met the good Bishop.  He is like a grandfather to Lex, Azia, and Al the second. He always wanted Al the second to become a priest and he always tell Adna about it.  Azia also could go right away to the dining room in the church convent because when the good Bishop told Lex, you will be a nun,  then Lex immediately answered, “no grandpa Bishop i want to be married”.  The good Bishop would then tell Azia, “you will be a nun” and Azia answered with a smile, “ yes, grandpa Bishop”.  To his delight, the good Bishop told Azia, “go upstairs and have your snacks”, then he looked at Lex and told her, “ you, just stay here, no snacks.” Azia went up accompanied by the food in charge while Lex just remained and stayed at the place where the car of the good Bishop was parked.  After Adna’s meeting, she asked Lex, where is Azia, then she answered, “ she is eating snacks upstairs.”  Adna asked Lex, “why you did not go with your sister?”  Lex told her mom,” i told grandpa Bishop, no, i don’t want to be a nun, i would marry, so no snacks for me, only Azia because when grandpa Bishop told her “you will be a nun, Azia said yes, then only Azia can eat snacks upstairs.”  Adna to herself was laughing because Azia is very witty.  The Bishop is very much loved by his mother who wanted him to become a priest.  He personally witnessed how Adna loves and cares for her children Lex, Azia and Al the second.  He also can perfectly recognize Adna’s genuine intention in loving God with a pure heart by serving those poor candle vendors in the church ground.  Not literally poor as to money, but because they are too old to still strive for their living.  Some could hardly see and some could hardly stand up and walk.  Adna’s presence in the church had no hidden agenda.  Sad to say that there are persons who spend their time in the church to make money, to become famous,because they are attracted to the priest and some even used the organizations in the church for politics.  The good Bishop knew in his heart that Adna is one of a kind.  One time she even told Adna, “you are the Saint for the old ones.”  The good Bishop sent Adna as delegate to the First World Mission Congress.  When Adna asked permission to distribute rice during Christmas, he then assigned a young priest to work with Adna.  When Adna had a mission for the sacrament of matrimony for those who have lived together for many many years, the good Bishop guided Adna to a Canon lawyer priest and for converts, he assigned another priest to make Adna’s work easy.  Many times, the good Bishop visited Adna’s family.  One time, it  was New Year when he dropped by to just bless Adna and the whole family.  Then he opened Adna’s refrigerator and wanted to bring the foods when he goes back to the church.  Adna told him, “Bishop, you can only take the apples, not the foods,  it is New Year’s Day.”  The good Bishop understood Adna, it is customary not to give or spend during New Year’s Day.  So, the good Bishop listened to Adna and just took apples from the refrigerator.

There were many times that he asked Adna to cook for his birthday.  Adna told him, “money Bishop, i will buy the ingredients.”  He then answered, “well, ask from your husband Al.”  Adna told Al about what the good Bishop said, Al just laughed and they went straight to the grocery store to buy all the ingredients.   One time he asked Adna to cook for his birthday and Adna realized it would take time to refrigerate the dessert he requested and the office would be closed already.  Adna told the good Bishop about it, “ the office is already closed when i bring the food, how would i give the food to you?” He answered, “ then you fly.” Adna answered, “what do you think of me Bishop, a witch?”  The good Bishop laughed, similar to the laughter of Papa Mar.

Adna recalled her first acquaintance with the good Bishop.  It was month of May when a catechist in the chapel near Adna’s house, informed that four priests are coming to give confession to eighty children.  She asked Adna to prepare lunch for three priests and a Bishop.  Adna told Al that they would prepare lunch for their visitors.  Adna cooked delicious foods.  She cooked beef steak, sweet and sour fish, crab, frozen fruit salad and other foods.  When the priests had finished giving confessions to the eighty children in the chapel, the good Bishop was told by the catechist that lunch is prepared for them.  He answered that they are going to another chapel to give confessions as scheduled.  He then said, “let the catechists eat the food”  When the catechist told Adna about it, Adna could not hold her emotion, she got angry.  One of the priests was standing outside Adna’s gate and wanted to bring the food, but Adna did not give.  The good Bishop went inside to meet Adna and he met Papa Mar standing at the main door.  Papa Mar asked the good Bishop to come in and then he saw the big roundtable with bounty of foods.  The good Bishop was so amazed on how Adna made the biggest food preparation for the four of them.  The priests were so special to Adna, it was crystal clear.  Adna told the good Bishop, “you still have other confessions to do, now go.”  Adna did not give a plate to the good Bishop.  He left then, but in less than an hour the good Bishop came back to Adna’s house.  When he came in he said, “have my lunch here.”Adna asked him,”which food do you like?”  The good Bishop answered,”ALL

“  Few days later, Adna went to the church, the good Bishop was there with another priest.  Adna did not talk with the good Bishop, then he told the other priest pointing his fingers to Adna.  He said, “look, she is still mad at me.”  Adna knew that being a Bishop is holding a high position in the hierarchy in the church, but Adna does not think of it.  She was doing it right and she stood by it.  She learned it from Papa Mar, “even if you are facing a king, do not fear for as long as you are right, but bow down your head if you commit mistake.”

0