Chapter 41
274 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Early in the morning Adna, Al, Lex, Azia, and Al the second had to wake up early to go early and cast their votes.  When they arrived, there were many people already lining up. Adna knew it would be a long waiting before they could have their turn.  While waiting, Adna noticed that a woman younger than her had been staring at her. A few minutes later, she talked with Adna telling her, “ you seemed familiar to me.”  Adna asked her, “do you live in our place?” She answered, “ before yes, but i transferred to the next city.” She continued, i know someone and she is Adna.” “It’s me!” Adna surprisingly answered.  That is why you look familiar, i am Tifanny. Adna so amazed, she is one of the daughters of her teacher in Grade one. Adna said, “ i remember you.” How have you been? Adna asked. “I am already married but no child because i suffer diabetes.  My husband works abroad and from time to time i just visit him there.” “Your sister lives near our house and when we met, i always asked her about you, i never forget you.” Tifanny just smiled. Voting turn of Adna so their conversation had stopped.

 

After voting, Adna, Al, Lex, Azia, and Al the second went to the fast food restaurant to have  their lunch. Lex, Azia and Al the second went home while Adna and Al transferred to another restaurant to have heavy lunch.  Lex, Azia and Al the second just ate spaghetti, french fries and burger steak. Along the way, Al saw Adna’s friend whose wedding was held at the province and all of Adna’s family had travelled more than four hours and slept there night before her wedding.  She was so happy to meet Al and Adna again. She already gave birth to a baby girl. She also told Adna, “married life is too different, in everything i do i should ask permission from him. Most of the time, he does not permit me. My officemates have an outing to the next island but he told me not to go because i am already married.”  Adna and Al were just smiling listening to her. Adna asked her, “ how long had you been boyfriend and girlfriend?” She answered, “ one year.” Adna continued to ask, “why did you like him?” She answered, “because he was simple and shy.” Adna told her, “when Al and I were sweethearts for more than five years, we watched movies i liked and he always watched it too.  It was many times, but when we got married and i told him we would watch a movie same actor and actress, he then told me that he does not like it, to think that we had been watching movies that i like for many years. For all i know it was only me who liked the movie and he just watched because of me.” “ When we got married he told me he like another type of movie.” Al who was listening to Adna just smiled when Adna’s friend looked at him.  Adna told her friend, “ five years after marriage, individual upbringings would set in and it is the beginning of differences that would result to misunderstanding and one must give in to the other. Adna’s friend got married May 19 last year and as early as their first year being married she started to complain. One problem she encountered is about the nephew of her husband who while studying in high school lived with them but does not help in doing the household chores.  When he had shingles, she had spent their salary for his medicines as his father seemed not to care being busy with her new live in partner. This already caused conflict with her husband. She insisted that his nephew is not their obligation. The money they earn must only be intended to their new born child. Her husband just kept quiet. Adna told her, “married life is not a bed of roses, if it is then it would be roses with thorns.” “It is still a long journey full of surprises, may it be hard or easy that you must both partake and do it joyfully until the end of the road.”  just don’t give up, no retreat, no surrender. just bear in mind why you chose him and what you like him the most. She then told Adna that her sisters and brothers gave her money she spent for the reception of the wedding. Adna felt awkward after she listened to her friend because the norm is that the groom must spend for the wedding and not the bride. Adna asked her, your husband did not spend anything?” She answered, “he also spent but much lesser than what i received from my siblings.” Adna asked her, “why did you spend that much?” She answered that her mother insisted to have the biggest reception so that they would not be put to shame if they run out of foods.

 

Adna remembered how she and Al prepared for their wedding.  They did not tell Al’s mother to avoid many visitors. They only told her when everything was already ready.  Looking back, Al and Adna felt so proud of how they were able to prepare the wedding on their own. A wedding so simple yet meaningful.  From the day one of their married life up to the present, the essence of being married is not how expensive the celebration is but how strong the love keeps the couple on the go.  No regrets whatsoever. There are many couples who after making the grand wedding celebration end up parting ways because their focus was only to please other people. The center of the celebration must be GOD.  For the couple, it is impossible to sustain their relationship if do it on their own. God must be at the center of their relationship.

 

That is the secret of Adna and Al’s success in their married life.  God is at the center of Adna and Al.

 

***

Yesterdays Chapter~

 

0