Chapter 46
261 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible-St. Francis of Assisi.  Living on earth has become more difficult. Some would say it as victim of time. The most important in life is time, but being its  victim is absolutely different. It only means the present, where each one of us exists under the influence and the rule which must be followed.  When prices of commodities go up, no one can stop it especially the ordinary ones. One could also not say, i must stop eating. It is a must to find ways that when meal time comes, there must be food on the table.  Many desire to study and attain a much higher level of education but with the recent cost of education this time, it is only up to ambition in dreams not in reality. Of course except for those parents who really make their children the priority, all efforts they make just to assist their children attain their dreams in studies and make it happen.  For these reasons, many have developed depression which is one sign of having a mental illness. They could no longer cope up with the demands of the recent time and they find themselves worthless. It is not easy to uplift one’s own thinking when the state of mind is already very much affected with the stressful way of living as of these moments. Those who only think they are all alone would easily give up while other people who believe that there is a God who would never abandon them would continue to struggle in order to survive.  As Einstein said, ‘’life is like riding a bicycle, just keep on the go to keep its balance.’’ When one stops, he become stagnant and unproductive. They no longer have faith in themselves. What gives them the focus are the never ending bills on electricity, foods of not less than three times meal, when they go somewhere, the fare or the gasoline they need for their cars, the insurances, the health care especially the medicines which needs to be taken a lifetime called maintenance. To add to all these, are the expensive school tuition especially in the universities.  Among these necessities or the basic needs of men like food, clothing and shelter, there are also many wants each individual wish to obtain like the newest gadgets, their luxurious travels, and also being with friends in many events they have in common. Life is tiresome because of all these. Both the needs and the wants make life become heavier and burdensome. Only few people have a peaceful mind, they only think of simple things and all the time grateful in everything they have and hold this with much contentment. They aim nothing more but always thankful on the air they breathe which God provides for free, the sunrise each morning they wake up which they truly appreciate as a new life, the sounds of the birds as if a music to their ears, the waves of the leaves on the trees which somewhat a graceful dance step in someone’s eyes.  The prayer of thanksgiving in every meal together with the whole family, ‘’Bless us O Lord and these thy gifts which we are about to receive from thy bounty through Christ our Lord, Amen.’’ The solitude and understanding among family members, the smiles and little jokes, the sharing of no matter how little food, each one has its share. The roof which covers during the sunny and rainy days. The doors and windows which would be closed to keep all in the family safe and sound.

 

Adna remembered their situation when  the court ordered that the house of Papa Mar be demolished because Adna was made to believe to sell part of the lot in order that the documents of the property be transferred to her name but what happened is that all properties were sold in a small amount and the first document which contain the true amount and stipulated conditions was hidden and not being presented in court.  Uncle Rom who by himself represented Adna because during that time, Adna was severely having excessive bleeding due to myoma, Uncle Rom decided that there were no testimonies to be presented as Aunt Felip also was very sick and bedridden, and to lessen Adna from being stressed, only documentary evidence was presented. Adna who hold only a document which stipulates that the house is not included in the sale, but later another lawyer told Adna that in legal term it is estoppel, because only the house and not the lot where the house is built is also stipulated being excluded in the sale.  Uncle Rom who suffered Parkinson’s disease was not that efficient in defending Adna, the case was not in favor of Adna due to technicality. The Petition for Certiorari of Uncle Rom to the Supreme Court was two days late. It was not easy for Adna to be in that situation, but God never abandoned persons with good heart. Al was able to make carpentry jobs like putting windows using the old materials because Lex and especially Azia were too afraid every time the bats would fly inside the house. Al also was able to slowly cement the floor and little by little made a door of the house replacing the thick plastic they used to cover.  The priest who helped Adna in the giving of rice during Christmas, had asked Lex to go to the place where he was assigned and gave her money to have the electricity connected in Adna’s house. He knew so well that electricity is very much needed for Al the second using his nebulizer. He also gave additional money for the food of the family. When Adna had little money, she called the priest to pay him but he said to Adna, ‘’no need to pay me, we just both be helping each other.’’ The tears of Adna rolled down her face because of joy for what he heard from the priest who had so much concern for the family. Adna realized, life is really like a scale, there must be time when you are up and at times that you are down.  Adna had helped this priest before, providing him a doctor when he got sick. When he was hospitalized, Adna was told that his insurance could not be used to pay his hospitalization because he stopped paying his monthly contribution. Adna tried her best to pay the lapsed payment of the priest. With the help of her friends, Adna was able to gather the money and the insurance was given back to the priest, His hospital bills had been paid through the insurance. This time, the priest is helping Adna in return. ‘’We both help each other’’, as he say. Life is a matter of choice, you can be the giver or the receiver., this is the realization of Adna. Many times, Adna would think she could not reach the top, but by just looking at every step of a ladder and not minding the ladders still to be stepped on until the top, not  knowingly you would be there. Just keep on the go, as Adna said to her doctor friend whose life seemed hopeless with her conviction in court, with the life like living in hell with her husband. Now, she is legally free from her bondage of marriage, she has truly served the many priests and nuns, her children are now professionals and the one who attempted suicide is now bouncing back to life. ‘’Just do the necessary, then do what is possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible’’-St. Francis of Assisi. Thank you God for the gift of intellect and the gift of freewill. Most of all, thank you for the gift of wisdom and the gift of life, Adna’s voice within in praying.

0