Chapter 4 – Levels and Questions
142 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Name: Megzie

Species: Human (F)

Age: 18

Level: 2

Exp: 0/30

Free Stat: 3

Str: 15

Sta: 14 (+1)

Agi: 15

Int: 13

Luck: 15

Res: 11

Title:

None

Class:

None

Job:

None

Skills: None 

So every level up gave me five free stats. And the experience required to level up was probably increasing by ten each level.  So from level 0 to 2 required 30 (10+20) exp. But how does it get allocated? I killed six goblins, so is it 5 exp per goblin or what? Okay, no point thinking about it. Let's think about stat allocation instead. I counted real fast and realized that I could get all my stats to 15 each and have a free stat, that is if I counted the extra stat that the mace gave. But then I thought how important was intelligence in the early game? So, I decided to leave it at fifteen and leave the rest as free stats. Thus, I allocated it as such.

 

I think five minutes are close to ending. I wonder what the intermission stage was? Also, how to change my class, title, job and skills? While I was wondering all this, The familiar countdown of ten seconds started. When the mechanical voice reached zero, I was enveloped in a bright light. I closed my eyes in reflex and when I opened them, I was surrounded by people. Most were men, but I could see some women too. We were all within the age of 16-25 I thought, looking around. There were so many of us, easily over a hundred. Each holding some sort of weapon. Most were holding shields. Everyone had one thing common, the confusion and vigilance in their faces. I gripped my mace harder, in anxiousness.

The place was well lit, but there was a direction which was clearly brighter than the rest. I looked at that direction to see some slightly raised platforms. There were five of them. The center one was larger and then there were two to the left and two to the right. The leftmost one shone red, the one to it’s right shone white. The rightmost one shone brown and the one to its left shone blue. Without any warning the whole place became dark, lighting up only the raised platforms. The center podium started growing brighter and brighter finally I could no longer keep my eyes on it and when it went back to normal, 'It' showed up. A pitch black body with black wings, no features could be distinguished. It was a jet black creature that held immense authority, making everyone's gaze focused on it. Everyone was frozen in terror, when ‘It’ opened its mouth (?) And spoke…

["Earth. Number of players: approximately 8 billion. Number of players recognised between the ages of sixteen and twenty-five: approximately 2 billion. Number of players acknowledged: approximately 800 million. Number of high ranking players: approximately 100 million. Number of players: approximately 500 million. Number of low ranking players: 200 million. Congratulations on becoming high ranking players. Those that cleared the tutorial: Free stats +10. Level +1. Res +3. Luck +1. Those who did not take part in the tutorial but due to their potential are ranked high: Level +5. Res +1. Distributing rations, please store in the item box: Food and water for 1 week. Rest time 10 minutes."]

The voice then became silent and the room lit back up. I was focusing on the numbers. So we are the high ranking players, all 100 million of us. But it doesn't seem like we are that many? It looks like there are barely 10 thousand of us. But I can't really tell. The second thing that intrigued me was the fact that the ones who did not clear the tutorial got five levels. This was a huge advantage, but we will all eventually gain levels… the ones who cleared the tutorial got 2 level's worth of stats. So I think this was more advantageous. We also got 2 more stat in resistance along with one more in luck. So I was thankful that I cleared the tutorial.

I then thought about the item box and viewed it in my mind. There were 18 bottles of water, all one liter bottles. There were also 14 small bowls of rice, 14 small bowls of meat, 14 small vegetable bowls, 21 slices of bread, 7 small bowls of soup and 14 smaller bowls of soup. I took one slice of bread and chewed on it because I was slightly hungry. Hmm, it was fine, but it was dry. I guess it would be perfect with soup. I didn't want to waste the soup just yet, so I took out water after finishing the bread and drank half of a bottle. I was thirstier than I expected.

I saw a few others eating and drinking as well, but just like me, they were doing so in small quantities. After I had satiated my thirst and a bit of hunger I started observing others. Before I could go up to talk with someone, the light dimmed again and the platform lit up. The familiar black creature showed up again.

["Questions can now be asked in your mind and answers will be given by your administrator. For high rankers who completed the tutorial 4 questions can be asked and the others can ask 3. All answers will be the truth. Questions can only be asked at this point of the game so choose wisely. You have 5 minutes."] 

I immediately thought, 'What is the best way for me to allocate my stats?'

["According to player 'Megzie's' potential and evaluation stamina and agility should be prioritized as 23% all other stats can have equal share of 18%"]

Hmm, so I was basically an all rounder player. With a little bit of a higher agility and stamina.

I then thought, 'When is the game considered complete?'

["The game is complete when all levels are cleared."]

Hmm, this is vague, 'What should I do to complete the levels that are going to be the most difficult for me?'

["Every tenth level should be completed as a party and hundredth as a large guild."]

Hundredth?! Holy crap. Okay last question… What should I ask? 'What happens when we die in the game?'

["When a player dies, unless they have a special item, it is game over for them. When a player's status is game over and they are not revived in 24 hours then the player dies and goes to ****"]

Goes... where now?

["Due to player's low level they cannot understand ****. Player is requested to raise level."]

 

4