Chapter 898 (Vol 3) – Reaching Almost One-Fifth The Speed Of Light!
132 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sunlight flowed in through the window as the temperature slowly rose. 

Yang Jing's eyelashes quivered briefly before she lifted her eyelids. Her blurred vision gradually became clear. 

Some sounds of birdsong and small birds could be heard clearly through the window. 

Yang Jing sat up and stretched lazily, recovering her energy after a long rest. 

* Knock~ * 

* Knock~ * 

Several seconds later, there was a knock on the door, drawing Yang Jing's attention. 

"After you finish getting ready, go downstairs for breakfast. Then we'll continue traveling." 

Ling Tian's voice came at exactly the right time. 

"Okay..." 

Yang Jing replied after a few seconds, shaking off the morning laziness.

"He's somewhat considerate..." Yang Jing whispered to herself. She even thought that Ling Tian might have woken up early and he was just waiting for her to wake up. 

After several minutes, Yang Jing had gotten ready. She washed her face and the traces of morning laziness were washed away. 

"Good morning, Miss!" 

"Breakfast is ready!" 

Once she went down to the dining room, the inn owner's wife spoke to Yang Jing with a smile, pointing to where Ling Tian was sitting. 

"Thank you..." Yang Jing smiled gratefully. 

However, several gazes fell upon her as she finished descending the stairs. 

At this moment, the dining room was somewhat crowded unlike the night before. 

Several people at different tables were having breakfast, either with their partners, families or a few having breakfast alone. Still, most of the eyes were on Yang Jing, fascinated at the youthful beauty she had, even more so with the beautiful and high quality clothes she was wearing, making everyone think that she was the important disciple of one of the big sects in the whole state. 

Although the dining hall was not full, there was still a considerable amount of people. 

Yang Jing ignored everyone's stares and she quickly walked to the table where Ling Tian was sitting, then sitting next to him. It was the same table as the night before. 

Despite the stares on Yang Jing and Ling Tian, from discreet to obvious, Yang Jing ignored them. After all, it wasn't the first time this had happened, and she was already somewhat used to these stares, just feeling somewhat annoyed. 

Everyone in the place was wondering about Ling Tian and Yang Jing's origin, obviously both of them were not from the village. Their luxurious and high-quality clothes certainly showed that they came from the large cities. 

The wife of the inn owner's wife quickly served breakfast. 

Unlike the previous night, Yang Jing no longer hesitated and she began to eat her breakfast. Ling Tian at her side, ate breakfast quietly without caring about the stares of others. 

After a while, both Ling Tian and Yang Jing had finished. 

"Thank you very much. It's time to go now." 

"Thank you!" 

Ling Tian and Yang Jing thanked the inn owner's wife as she came to collect the dishes. Their glances also went to the inn owner who was behind the bar, preparing some fruit drinks for the other guests. 

"We hope your stay was to your liking!" 

"Have a good trip!" 

The inn owner and his wife quickly bid farewell to Ling Tian and Yang Jing when they knew they would be leaving. 

The inn owner had told Ling Tian that breakfast was free for the two of them, after all, it was the least they could do for them. The value of a storage bag was incalculable. 

"Let's go!" 

Ling Tian took out the flying sword, and at once Yang Jing climbed up smoothly. The good rest and breakfast made her recover her strength completely. 

"I think we are on time..." 

Leaving the small village and flying into the sea of clouds once again, Ling Tian muttered. 

When he received the news from Hao Zhentian and Zhang Xinya, Ling Tian also responded, and he told Hao Zhentian that they would catch up with them at the capital of the east state, the place where the other teleportation platform to go to the north state was located. 

At the speed they were going, Ling Tian estimated that they could reach them in less than three months. 

Hao Zhentian and the others were also traveling at a considerable speed, not too fast and not too slow, so Ling Tian was sure to catch up with them. Anyway, he had told Hao Zhentian to wait for them in the capital if they arrived earlier. 

The day passed quickly and night came. 

Ling Tian looked for a place to stay, renting rooms in some inns so Yang Jing could eat and rest. 

Two days passed and they finally arrived in a city. 

"Gong Hua City..." 

Ling Tian saw the city and a familiar feeling came to him. Memories of the past slowly flowed into his mind. 

Yang Jing beside him listened to Ling Tian, as she looked at the city and marveled at the immense size of it. 

Ling Tian entered the city with Yang Jing still standing on the flying sword. 

This city had some guards, but there was no need to register to enter. 

"Wait for me here." 

Slightly remembering the path to one of the establishments, Ling Tian arrived at a building and entered it, while Yang Jing waited patiently outside. 

After a while, Ling Tian came out and they once again got on the flying sword, taking a specific course as they flew over the sky. 

"Is it still a long way to reach them?" 

After a few hours of uninterrupted flight, Yang Jing finally asked. 

In these past few days, Yang Jing had asked a few things, opening up a little more towards Ling Tian and opening up communication between the two of them. Although it wasn't to the point of getting along with each other, Yang Jing still asked a few things from time to time, but mainly keeping silent. 

Ling Tian had told her that his family and disciples were in this east state as well, and that he would try to catch up with them before leaving this state and traveling to the north state. 

Yang Jing was also somewhat curious to learn that Ling Tian had family and disciples, wondering if Ling Tian really was someone young like them, or if he was a cultivator who has lived for a long time, retaining his youth. 

"I didn't receive news from them, so they haven't reached the capital yet... most likely we can catch up with them sooner." Ling Tian nodded and said, "At the speed we are going maybe we will reach the capital in less than three months." 

The speed at which they were going was undoubtedly astonishing, crossing dozens to hundreds of kilometers in a short time. 

However, the east state was much larger than the south state, so it was normal for them to have to travel for a long time to cover much of the way. 

Ling Tian had decided to travel directly to Gong Hua City, mostly because from this city he could go straight to the capital without taking any detours or passing through certain dangerous or problematic areas. Ling Tian was also somewhat familiar with this route, so it was easier to travel directly. 

3 months was still a short time for Ling Tian, but still, this speed on the flying sword was terrifying. The energy of The Sacred Heavenly Scriptures constantly propelled the flying sword, to the point of crossing thousands of kilometers in less than an hour. 

If was another ordinary cultivator at the peak of the great ascension state, Ling Tian would estimate that it would take them at least 6 months to over a year to travel from Gong Hua City to Jiaohei City, which was the capital of the east state. Not to mention that they would have to take a break every so often, because the cultivation essence consumption was not small. 

However, this problem did not arise with The Sacred Heavenly Scriptures, as its energy was the purest and most powerful, which greatly reduced consumption, and the absorption of the spiritual aura was faster than the consumption. Therefore there were no problems. 

An example would be that even ten great ascension realm experts together could not have the same reserve as The Sacred Heavenly Scriptures at this level, much less could they be faster than Ling Tian even if they put their speeds together. 

Moreover, the pressure when reaching terrifying speeds while traveling was constantly increasing, so the power consumption was huge as they had to protect themselves from the pressure of the wind and atmosphere, so in the end they had to slow down and spend more time flying. 

But since Ling Tian could influence the principle of space, the pressure that should be present when flying was completely reduced, even allowing Ling Tian and Yang Jing to fly and reach almost one-fifth the speed of light, which was Ling Tian's current limit! 

Even breaking through and traveling through the void would greatly shorten the time. But since Yang Jing was with him, it was very dangerous; there were some areas that Ling Tian was aware that he should not enter even if it was by accident if he did not want to be torn to pieces by the force of the void despite having a high level of refinement. 

Just the estimated time they had to travel was because Yang Jing had to rest and eat, otherwise, Ling Tian would estimate that it would take them less than 2 months to reach the capital without interruption. 

And not to mention that the flying sword Ling Tian used was a simple low grade spiritual sword... 

Days passed, and when night fell, Ling Tian would look for some town or city for Yang Jing to eat and rest. 

There were even some days when Yang Jing told Ling Tian that there would be no problem in flying all night, that she could resist. 

Ling Tian nodded and some days they flew for two days straight, before continuing to look for somewhere for Yang Jing to rest properly. 

The trip estimate of 3 months was reduced to almost less than 2 months, thanks to Yang Jing's suggestion. 

... 

Soon after more than 40 days of flying, after traveling for two days in a row, Ling Tian's spirit sense picked up the clashes of various auras in the distance. 

After a few seconds, Ling Tian and Yang Jing saw that countless cultivators, from young to old, surrounded what looked like a flying boat in the sky that appeared to be just over 50 meters long. 

The ship looked somewhat old-fashioned for the time, but nevertheless still conveyed a sense of majesty and elegance, as if it belonged to the royalty of ancient times. 

The next moment, Ling Tian was slightly shocked when he saw a young man step out of the flying boat, facing the aura of all the cultivators surrounding the boat as he focused on a middle-aged man who exuded the strongest aura of them all: separation and reunion realm maximum stage. 

 

*I'm bad with measurements, kilometers, days, time and transactions, so don't blame me if later there's no sense in this kind of stuff, as I then get annoyed in using math and I'll just write whatever comes closest or I think is right (obviously I'll try to bring a coherence in time and events)... also, it's rare that one remembers how many miles the MC travels in the whole story, or that he flies so long, so while you know that the world is gigantic and would take decades and a lifetime for the other cultivators, for the MC it wouldn't (otherwise it would take a long time to travel back and forth, and if after all you wanted it that way, then I would summarize it in a few paragraphs, explaining that the MC has traveled so long, be it months or even years). The worlds in this kind of stories are always big and almost endless, several times bigger than our planet earth, which is a small world compared to them. 

4