Chapter 19 – The Disease of the Beautiful & Cold Night Fairy?
7k 12 98
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Less than five minutes later, they both arrived at the place Ling Tian had selected. The icy woman followed behind him a few steps away, still keeping her distance. Ling Tian didn't care.

Quickly, they visualized a demon beast in the shape of a tiger, which seemed to be "sleeping".

The demon beast was in the Fourth Stage of Chi Gathering.

Ling Tian stopped moving and quietly said to the icy woman, "That demon beast is in the Fourth Stage of--I mean, in the range of 2 Star Heaven". Ling Tian forgot that this was not the immortal world, so he had to say it with the ranks of this continent, so he continued talking: "You are a 1 Star of Great Heaven rank, so it would be normal for you to finish it, right?" Ling Tian looked at her with a playful smile.

The icy woman kept looking at him with that cold that seemed to freeze the bones.

Ling Tian somehow knew what she was thinking, so he said in a serious but calm voice, "Don't worry, I won't do anything to you when you fight that beast, I just want to know your potential. Maybe I can help you to control your destiny. I promise." Ling Tian raised his hand, in token of a promise.

The icy woman looked at him for several more seconds before casting a threatening glance at him and addressing the demon beast.

Ling Tian only smiled bitterly as he saw her threat in her eyes: 'I just want to help her. Although if she were to reject me directly, I would leave'.

In fact, Ling Tian had already realized one thing, it's just that he wanted to confirm it. He knew it would be impossible to take the cold woman's wrist to verify her body, so he asked her to fight the demon beast.

The beautiful cold woman silently walked up to the demon beast.

The demon beast felt the presence of the woman approaching, so it quickly got up and let out a fierce roar.

In an instant, it leapt toward the woman.

The cold woman dodged lightly as she danced elegantly in the air, blending in with the night and the moonlight, proving to be a truly elegant fairy.

Ling Tian focused his gaze on the body and movements of the cold woman, checking to see if what he really thought was true.

Fwoosh

Slash

Ling Tian watched as the woman moved around the demon beast gracefully, while her blade bore multiple wounds.

Groar!

The demon beast was annoyed to see that it was being wounded, so it did not stop and continued to throw its claws in the direction of the young woman.

The cold woman continued to dance with the moon, as she dodged the fierce attacks of the demon beast and immediately attacked with her sword, causing it fatal wounds.

In less than a stick of incense, the demon beast was slain by the woman.

The woman took a few seconds to adjust her breathing and turned to face Ling Tian.

Although the cold woman had agreed to attack the demon beast, she still did not let her guard down and was always on the lookout for Ling Tian's movements in case he dared to do something to her, so she could defend herself.

Ling Tian had guessed her goal and determination to become much stronger to decide her own life, so she wanted to know how he would help her when he said that.

Ling Tian continued to look at the cold woman with a thoughtful expression. The cold woman was upset to see that Ling Tian had spent a long time looking down at her, but she said nothing. If he didn't say something, she would soon leave.

"Whether it's any time now, don't you feel that your whole body is suddenly cold, even to the point of freezing and being in a lot of pain?"

After hearing what Ling Tian said, the icy woman was stunned and opened her eyes to the shock as she quickly responded, "H-How do you know that?!"

"Of course I know that." Ling Tian smiled: "Whether you are resting, sleeping or even training, the cold in your body suddenly invades you, preventing you many times from continuing with what you are doing to the point of having to endure the pain that runs through most of your body, am I wrong? "

The cold woman was stunned by everything Ling Tian said to her. She really felt a lot of pain when the cold invaded her whether it was in what she was doing at the time, she even went several nights without sleep because of the numbness of the cold in her body. She had not even told her family...

Ling Tian looked at the expression of the icy woman and sighed. He confirmed his hypothesis with her reaction.

It wasn't a disease she had... on the contrary... it was that her body was perfect for cultivation!

The meridians in her body have a mutated constitution that produces coldness, so if she does not start cultivating at a young age, she could die either from hypothermia, from pain throughout her body, or even become unconscious and wait for her death because there is no reaction from her body.

This special physique is called the "Divine Pulse of Immortal Glacial Ice"

This type of sacred body is legendary in the immortal world. Ling Tian had only known that a woman with this type of body existed thousands of years ago, but unfortunately she had died in battle at an early age. All the information about this special type of body, its symptoms and so on, had been obtained by reading the records from many years ago in the immortal world.

Ling Tian looked at this beautiful woman with eyes of admiration. Yes, he was amazed that she could live until now. Normally, those people who are born with some kind of special constitution, in this case like hers, and do not cultivate any cultivation techniques, would live their whole lives with much pain and suffering and could not live for more than 30 years unless they stepped on the path of cultivation. Ling Tian admired her determination not to give up, either to continue living or to become stronger in deciding on her own life.

Ling Tian proved this by seeing when the cold woman was fighting the demon beast. When she tried to dodge or cut with her sword, the coldness would even come slightly out of her hands or feet and slow her down as she made her moves. Although no one could notice this as it was not visible to the naked eye, only Ling Tian could see it with his spiritual sense.

"With those conditions in your body, you couldn't live more than 30 years."

The cold woman was shocked to hear those words from Ling Tian.

Ling Tian saw that the cold woman's eyes were full of sadness and helplessness, while a tear could be seen forming on the edge of her eyes and she clenched her fists. Even her coldness vanished completely.

Ling Tian felt sorry for her as he saw her face filled with many feelings.

"But, what you think might be a condemnation to you, might be a blessing instead..." Ling Tian muttered and immediately commented, "I can help you with this."

Ling Tian had learned a variety of immortal cultivation techniques, and the special cultivation technique for this type of physique was also having it. He had a hard time getting it, though.

The cold woman seemed to see a glimmer of hope in the darkness and quickly asked in a trembling voice, "Do-do you have a way to help me? ..." even her voice became somewhat soft as she addressed Ling Tian.

'It seems that she has really been through a lot...'. Ling Tian thought to himself when he saw the cold fairy's helpless, hopeful face.

"Of course." Ling Tian assured her with a calm smile: "But first I need to check your body, just hold out your arm. "

Ling Tian was not sure if the cultivation techniques they practiced in this lower plane affected the meridians in the body in any way, so he wanted to check whether her meridians were in good condition for cultivation.

The woman frowned when she saw that Ling Tian wanted to take her arm. But when she saw that his eyes were clean, calm and quiet as water without any hint of malice, she slowly extended her arm.

Ling Tian was amazed to see that the skin of this beautiful, cold woman was like glistening jade, as white and pure as snow.

He took her wrist and released his spiritual sense, checking the state of her meridians.

The cold woman was somewhat dazed that Ling Tian had vast knowledge just by watching her fight that demonic beast. Is a young man of almost her same age a doctor? Or is he someone from the alchemy association? She couldn't believe it. She had even investigated her illness in secret for quite some time, something that might be related to her symptoms, but found nothing. So now, that he had told her about her illness and, that he was checking her pulse, she was sure that he had a lot of knowledge.

But she instantly dismissed those thoughts because, the moment Ling Tian took her wrist, she felt a sense of warmth and comfort that she had never felt before. It really felt so good. The feeling of coldness that her body had to endure for 20 years tortured her, so feeling an unexpected but wonderful warmth, made her feel very comfortable.

Ling Tian frowned slightly as he checked the condition in the meridians of the cold woman.

Less than a minute later, Ling Tian released her wrist.  The cold woman felt a slight sense of loss.

Ling Tian discovered that just over 30% of her meridians were damaged or atrophied, so she could not start cultivating immediately. So, he would have to give her a treatment so that she would heal her meridians first and then start cultivating.

Ling Tian saw that the beautiful cold woman's eyes were a little worried, so he decided to really help her, so he said, "First, I will give you a treatment so that your body recovers from the effects of the cold that have been tormenting you forever."

The beautiful woman nodded at Ling Tian's response, it seemed there really was a way to heal herself!

"But before that..." Ling Tian looked at her seriously and said, "You'll have to start over, so all your martial arts power will be lost... Still, are you willing?"

98