Chapter 25 – Another Brother?
5.8k 4 86
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ling Tian scanned almost everything with his spiritual sense, understanding the buildings and the businesses behind them.

In less than half an hour, he covered a lot of ground.

There were really a lot of people. It reminded him of the deadly markets and settlements of the immortal world.

''Haaaa. It is a custom that I still think I am in the immortal world...' Ling Tian twisted his lip when the nostalgia of seeing his family again passed through his mind. He would look for a way back to the immortal world!

Getting rid of these thoughts, Ling Tian continued to observe every establishment in the city centre.

Variety of businesses could be found. Food stands. Garment making, although it could be seen that rich people were entering these buildings. He also found a workshop that manufactured weapons to confront the demonic beasts. Sales of armor and weapons.

There were countless stalls.

He had even found an Alchemy Association. He wanted to go in and see, but he knew he didn't have much time. So he decided to take a look around later.

He quickly went around the place, recording the different kinds of stalls that existed in his memory.

Ling Tian realized the kind of clothes people wore in this city, he could even see people wearing robes like in the immortal world, although most of them were middle-aged people and not young people, but he didn't care, so he took out a set of robes from his space ring that wasn't so flashy and could blend in with the other people. He didn't want to call in any unnecessary trouble.

Because the clothes Mu Shen had lent him, they felt a little tight and uncomfortable, so he preferred to wear his own clothes.

Although Ling Tian's set of robes was the most discreet and least conspicuous, he still could not help but attract a little attention.

One could tell that, his clothing was of fine quality, as well as his skin that was white and in good condition due to the technique of refining the body, a handsome face, along with his imposing demeanor and indifference to others, brought with him a unique aura, making him appear to belong to one of the great families.

The young women could not help looking at him all the time until he disappeared from their sight. Even some daring young women tried to follow him, but he suddenly disappeared as they were about to catch up with him.

Ling Tian returned to the place where he was left to meet Mu Shen again.

There was the guy he saw yesterday, Tang Jingtian.

Mu Shen was surprised to see Ling Tian in a different kind of clothing, but he did not ask. Maybe he bought them or knew someone and asked for them.

"So you are Brother Tian!" Tang Jingtian greeted with joy.

Ling Tian was surprised to be suddenly called by his name. He turned to see Mu Shen. The latter smiled helplessly.

He knew that Mu Shen should have told him his name yesterday, so he could not blame him. He barely reminded him today not to say his name.

Ling Tian shook his head bitterly.

He waved back the same way and said, "Nice to meet you, Tang Jingtian, right?"

Tang Jingtian nodded.

Mu Shen had found it odd. He had not told Ling Tian the name of his brother Jingtian, so how had he known? Perhaps he heard now that he had been touring part of the city centre?

Tang Jingtian watched Ling Tian from head to toe, and then said, "Not that I despise you, Brother Tian, but are you all right? I heard from Brother Shen that you were badly injured from the fight against Ming Fen..."

Ling Tian smiled as he realized that Tang Jingtian was not really belittling him, it seemed he was a good young man who cared about others as well.

Mu Shen replied immediately, "Brother Jingtian, don't worry, he's all right now, only he doesn't have any martial arts powers at all, so I'll be looking after him so that nothing happens to him".

Ling Tian smiled weakly as he heard Mu Shen say he would take care of him. He had not yet told Mu Shen that he had already regained some of his power. He did not want their friendship to become ambiguous, due to the difference in power between them. He did not want to lie to them, though, but he liked this friendship. It was so different from the immortal world, where most people only seek you out for their own interests.

Tang Jingtian raised his eyebrows and then said, "Haha, that's good! Don't worry Brother Tian, I will also supervise for your safety. We're both Great Heaven ranks, so you'll be safe."

Ling Tian nodded as he said, "Thank you very much, Tang Jingtian. I will be taking care of both of you."

Tang Jingtian frowned slightly when he heard Ling Tian call him by his full name, so he corrected him: "Brother Tian, you need not worry about being formal, you can call me Brother Jingtian, as well as Brother Shen".

Ling Tian seemed to hesitate, so Tang Jingtian quickly added, "Also, you saved little sister Shuiruo, so you are my brother too. Mu Shen doesn't just make friends. You are the first one who tells me about you who really sees you as a brother, so I am sure you are really a very good person, so you don't have to be reserved. You're my brother too, so between brothers we can skip all that nonsense. Haha."

Ling Tian smiled bitterly inside, while on the surface he nodded, "Very good, Brother Jingtian."

Tang Jingtian smiled and they began to head out of Star City.

"Brother Jingtian, I would ask you to please not mention my name in front of others." Ling Tian told Tang Jingtian.

Tang Jingtian was surprised and asked, "Why?"

"It's a bit complicated to explain... I could say it's family problems." Ling Tian came up with a credible excuse, so that he didn't have to explain further.

Indeed, Tang Jingtian nodded in agreement with Ling Tian's reason, so he did not continue to ask for an answer: "Don't worry, Brother Tian, I won't mention your name to the others".

Ling Tian smiled at him in appreciation.

"Brother Tian, I heard you stole the heart of little sister Shuiruo, huh? You even gave her a bracelet with such beautiful crystals, hehe". Tang Jingtian gave him an intense look.

Ling Tian turned to look at Mu Shen. The latter turned away, meaning not to be drawn into the matter.

Ling Tian flashed a wry smile and said, "How could that be possible? We barely spoke for less than a day, so it is not certain that anything happened".

"Hahaha." Tang Jingtian laughed at Ling Tian's exposed face. "I wonder if it's true."

"So do you have any women you like now?" Tang Jingtian asked with expectation in his face.

'This guy...' Ling Tian thought to himself as he shook his head: ''I really don't have anyone I like.

In fact, when he was just a young man, from that time he tried to confess his first love to one of the two girls in his group, they immediately parted because although he was stronger than them, he did not have the strength to protect both of them from that battle, so he lost track of both of them and they never saw each other again. The only thing he was able to see before they separated was how they were obstructed by a guy just like the one he was fighting. When he returned, he searched for them for several years, but, in the end, he had to accept the cruel reality that they were dead. So, from that time on, Ling Tian spent time looking for the upper reaches of the cultivation. So he would never lose anyone else. He wouldn't let anyone else kill his loved ones again.

Still, when he became a true power in the Immortal World and entered the highest legendary rank, it never crossed his mind to fall in love again.

He lived happily with his disciples, they were like his children, his family.

Except for a second time, which was in the Immortal World, but he knew from the beginning that this woman was only looking for him for something.

In the end, he ended up killing her along with her supposed lover and their master. They wanted to capture and harm his female disciples, so they touched his reverse scale and ended up annihilating them. He wouldn't let anyone mess with his family. Even if they were the same true powers of the Immortal World. He, he would make an enemy of the entire Immortal World if it was for the sake of his family.

Maybe one day, the partner who will be with him for the rest of his life will arrive.

But... Who knows?

Perhaps he will find her on this lower plane... Where people are honest, humble and good-hearted...

Tang Jingtian couldn't believe him, so he asked, "Not even one of the five great beauties of Star City?"

86