Chapter 128 – Attack Against the Horde of Demonic Beasts (2)
3.8k 1 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ahh!"

Roar!

"Be careful! On your left!"

"Why are there so many demon beasts?!"

Slash

Clang

Martial artists against a large group of demonic beasts took place in the middle of the forest.

"Someone take care of the three o'clock group!" Long Cheng shouted loudly as he successfully defended himself from the attacks of a demon beast in the Seventh Stage of Chi Gathering.

The groups formed by the Long family and the Tang family were fighting hard against more than 100 demon beasts at the same time.

Out of nowhere, the demon beasts began to surround them and this terrible situation arose.

"Brother to your right!" Mu Shen shouted to Tang Jingtian.

Tang Jingtian heard Mu Shen's scream and did not hesitate, so without turning his eyes, he moved in such a way, narrowly avoiding the surprise attack of a snake that was camouflaging itself with the surroundings.

"Ha!" A soft but loud scream was heard.

Mu Shen and Tang Jingtian turned to look.

Mu Shuiruo was actually fighting a bear twice her size. Though it was very big, the force emitted by this demon beast was far less than Mu Shuiruo's.

Mu Shuiruo had been tense and very nervous at first, but once she began to face all the demonic beasts, her fear was gradually eliminated and a sense of security formed.

The bear threw its claws in the direction of Mu Shuiruo.

Mu Shuiruo dodged the claw and cut with her sword, injuring the demon beast's front paw.

The demon beast was in the Black rank, while Mu Shuiruo was in the Great Heaven rank.

Although the maximum power shown by Mu Shuiruo would be the Fourth Stage of Chi Gathering, she was still ahead of the demon beast.

Mu Shen and Tang Jingtian always kept their eyes on Mu Shuiruo, in case anything could happen. The times when Mu Shuiruo came close to receiving a severe attack, Mu Shen and Tang Jingtian acted and managed to prevent them from harming Mu Shuiruo.

The more Mu Shuiruo participated in combat, the more her experience gradually increased, managing to avoid fatal attacks and reducing the number of times Mu Shen and Tang Jingtian helped her.

Both were surprised to see the improvement in Mu Shuiruo's skill over time. It was as if she already had several years of experience.

Mu Shuiruo always focused on improving her skills, so her perceptions and reactions improved rapidly over time.

It was not only Mu Shen and Tang Jingtian who helped Mu Shuiruo from time to time.

Long Yuyin likewise helped Mu Shuiruo several times when she could, as she too was facing demonic beasts that were on a par with her strength.

"Argh!" Long Yuyin moaned when a blow came to her. She stabilized in midair and used the force of the impact to get out of that place where there were several demon beasts.

Clang!

Long Yuyin successfully blocked the attack of a demon beast with her daggers.

Taking advantage of the fact that the demon beast was falling into the air after it had jumped, Long Yuyin moved and tore the back of the demon beast, inflicting a horrible wound and leaving it motionless for a few seconds.

Long Yuyin played with her daggers and then buried them in the head of the demon beast.

She began to gasp heavily as she picked up her daggers with force and headed off to help Mu Shuiruo.

"Sister Shuiruo!" Long Yuyin shouted to warn Mu Shuiruo.

Mu Shuiruo looked back slightly at Long Yuyin while she continued to dodge the attacks of the demon beast.

Long Yuyin arrived quickly from behind the demon beast and cut the neck of the demon beast.

Once on the ground, Mu Shuiruo and Long Yuyin threw down their weapons and killed the demon beast.

"Haa. Haa. Thank you, Sister Yuyin. Haa." Mu Shuiruo gasped heavily while thanking Long Yuyin. She was beginning to tire, because she was not used to fighting for long.

"That's what sisters are for, right?" Long Yuyin smiled similarly while she breathed heavily.

"Mm." Mu Shuiruo smiled at Long Yuyin's comment.

Roar!

A painful scream from a nearby demon beast drew the attention of both women.

Mu Shen and Tang Jingtian worked together to easily defeat the remaining demon beast.

"Are you all right?" Mu Shen asked both girls.

Mu Shuiruo and Long Yuyin nodded as they tried to catch their breath.

"There seems to be no end to it..." Tang Jingtian spoke up when he saw that all the martial artists were fighting fiercely against the demon beasts.

The four saw their surroundings, realizing the overall situation. Near them were several corpses of demon beasts on the ground that they themselves had killed.

Without realizing it, the four formed a team and supported each other, just enough to hold out for a long time.

At first, Long Yuyin was almost always interrupted by some young men who were trying to help her to impress her by fighting the demon beasts.

Long Yuyin was annoyed at them because she felt they were standing in her way when she fought, so she moved away from them and closer to Mu Shuiruo.

Some men likewise wanted to help Mu Shuiruo, however, because Mu Shen and Tang Jingtian were nearby and helping her, the men gave up.

None of them had used the special technique 'Celestial Energy Mastery', since once the effect of the technique is over, their bodies will fall down with exhaustion. They did not want to stand still in the middle of the battle, and could die at any time.

The four of them took some elixirs to regain their inner energies, while still being alert to their surroundings.

The Lord of the City, along with the ancestor of the Tang family, were fighting a demon beast in the Emperor rank together.

The others were in groups or pairs fighting the demonic beasts.

Groar!

More demon beasts approached and began to throw the balance off, bringing with them overwhelming pressure and causing the martial artists' side to fall behind.

Mu Shuiruo, Long Yuyin, Mu Shen and Tang Jingtian opened their eyes in disbelief as they watched a big group of demon beasts fill the place, unable to escape.

The only option would be to dispose of all the demonic beasts at any cost.

"Gah!" Long Cheng roared as he managed to slay the demon beast with effort.

Realizing the situation they were in, Long Cheng shouted loudly, "Now comes the hardest part! Everyone prepare! If one falls, we all fall!"

The martial artists heard the cry of the Lord of the City and shouted, letting out all their anger while they tried to kill the demonic beasts more quickly so that the numbers would not overwhelm them completely.

The situation was horrible, so no one wanted to die.

Long Cheng and Tang Nu made their way to the demon beasts in the Emperor rank.

Five tiger-shaped demon beasts with spikes all over their bodies roared fiercely toward Long Cheng and Tang Nu.

Tang Jingtian and Mu Shen gripped their swords tightly as they went into battle against the demon beasts that came at them.

Mu Shuiruo and Long Yuyin finished catching their breath and prepared. Though both women were afraid, their determination managed to calm their fears and tame their nervousness somewhat.

Now, they decided that they would both work together to get out of this horrible situation.

66