Chapter 139 – The True Ice Goddess
3.8k 2 70
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The demon Drake roared fiercely and headed toward Yun Mengxin at a rapid pace.

Zhang Xinya worried about Yun Mengxin as she saw that the demon beast was heading towards her quickly.

Yun Dong was also concerned as he watched this fearsome demon beast head towards his daughter.

This demon beast was certainly stronger than any other demon beast they had seen!

They even felt that this demon beast was stronger than the tiger-dragon that appeared years ago and attacked the star city.

Yun Mengxin reacted faster and dodged the onslaught the demon Drake made.

She immediately threw a cut towards the Drake's head.

Crack!

The sword Yun Mengxin was carrying turned into pieces when it came into contact with the skin of the demon beast. The sword couldn't even penetrate the skin of the Drake demon.

"Sister!" Zhang Xinya cried out in concern when she saw the demon beast throwing itself back at Yun Mengxin.

Yun Mengxin no longer had a weapon with which to defend herself.

Those who stood several feet away, watching Yun Mengxin fight the demon beast, were shocked to see such a fight.

But no one could move, as fear covered them completely. All the martial artists knew that they would not last a second and die as they approached.

Even the ancestors of both families who were of Emperor rank, Yun Song and Zhang Leng, could not move easily thanks to the aura the demon beast emitted.

The only person in the place who could move was Yun Mengxin.

Unlike everyone else, Yun Mengxin was not afraid. It would be a lie if she did not have some fear, after all, this demon beast was a higher stage than she was.

However, Yun Mengxin was mostly quiet. Her usual cold stare now also had a touch of complete seriousness.

Yun Mengxin was completely sure that she could kill this demon beast. Her man could wipe out even opponents several stages higher than himself, so she did not want to be a burden and tell him that she too could be out in front of any danger.

ROAR!

The demon Drake roared fiercely and leapt toward Yun Mengxin.

Yun Mengxin easily dodged the attack, however, the demon beast used its two long tails and sent them in the direction of Yun Mengxin where it planned to dodge.

Yun Mengxin using her spiritual sense, observing all her surroundings around her, realized this action and without thinking, she raised a wall of ice between her and the two tails of the demon beast. She did not care about what they saw, nobody could force her to say anything.

Everyone present was surprised to see that a wall of ice had magically appeared, but they were pleased to think that the heavens were helping Yun Mengxin.

Crack!

The wall of ice shattered into pieces when the impact of both tails struck it, however, this gave Yun Mengxin enough time to move freely and break away from this demonic beast.

Yun Dong wanted to go and help his daughter, but he knew that if he went, he would only be a burden and might even die along with his daughter.

GROAR!

Yun Mengxin no longer hesitated and pulled the Sword 'Pure Winter Frost' from her space ring.

Clank!

This time, everyone watched with open eyes how Yun Mengxin managed to defend herself from the demon beast's claw attack without any problem. But soon they began to wonder how a sword suddenly appeared in her hands.

Yun Mengxin had not used her own sword and had used an ordinary iron sword all along, but once she had nothing left to defend with, she drew her own sword and began to counterattack.

The demon Drake seemed to grow even angrier and become faster, beginning to quickly attack Yun Mengxin using its claws and both tails.

Yun Mengxin danced in the air, dodging the attacks from the demon beast. Gradually she became accustomed to the pace of battle, gaining more experience in dealing with opponents above her level.

SLASH!

GROAR!

In an ethereal move, Yun Mengxin managed to find a space to counterattack, so she cut with her sword and slashed a tail of the demon beast, causing the Drake to release a piercing roar.

The 'Pure Winter Frost Sword' was so amazing that without having to imbue it with her own Chi, she could cut deep into the skin of the demon beast, even successfully resisting attacks from the demon beast's claws without destroying itself.

Although this was a lower grade spiritual weapon for now, it still proved to be a truly powerful sword. In time, the sword would gradually become stronger as Yun Mengxin became stronger and entered higher realms, becoming a truly immortal sword of high degree.

Taking advantage of the fact that the demon beast was wounded and spaced out for a moment due to the pain, Yun Mengxin moved behind the demon beast again and cut with the blade.

SLASH!

GRRRR!

The second tail was sliced off without a hitch.

The demon beast seemed to lose some power when it was wounded, as the aura it radiated was greatly weakened when Yun Mengxin cut off both of its tails.

Still, the demon Drake did not give up and once again roared with all its might as it lunged at Yun Mengxin.

The martial artists who saw this were even more afraid to witness the ferocity of this demon beast.

Yun Mengxin took space from the demon beast as she tried to dodge its attacks.

The demon beast began to weaken slowly, as something prevented it from moving at times.

Yun Mengxin expelled her own Chi and formed ice slabs around and underneath the demon beast, slowing it down as it tried to catch its legs in the ice.

Due to the nature of Yun Mengxin's special physique, she could create ice and cold winds from nothing by using her own Chi. Although it still cost her some effort because she did not have enough Chi in her Dantian and meridians, it was still amazing.

Once her cultivation reached higher realms, Ling Tian told her that she could create huge ice floes, crystal castles and even form a huge storm with cold winds just by shaking her hand.

ROAR!

The demon beast roared when in one of those it could no longer destroy the column of ice that enveloped one of its legs. It seemed that its strength was beginning to weaken greatly.

Taking this opportunity, Yun Mengxin expelled more Chi and wrapped the remaining three legs in a block of ice, preventing the demon beast from moving.

The ice began to expand and rise up the legs of the demon Drake, enveloping its body and slowing its movements.

The demon beast roared faintly as it tried to leave the ice.

Yun Mengxin moved to the side of the demon beast. She added her Chi to the blade and threw a cut into the massive head of the demon Drake.

Slash!

Plat!

A quick flash flashed as the head of the demon beast fell from its body.

All the martial artists were in obvious shock, unable to understand and believe whether this was real or just a dream.

Gasp

Yun Mengxin gasped heavily when she sat down weakly on the floor. It was the first time for her when she greatly exceeded her limits.

Zhang Xinya was the first to come out of her shock when she quickly made her way to Yun Mengxin.

"Sister, are you all right?!" Zhang Xinya began to look at Yun Mengxin's body for wounds. She was worried about her sister.

Yun Mengxin did not respond while trying to recover the breath.

In an instant, she frowned and then a slight smile appeared on her as she nodded weakly. Zhang Xinya watched this and found it odd.

"I'm fine." Yun Mengxin opened her eyes and said to Zhang Xinya, "We must go to where the Long family and the Tang family are. They could be in danger anyway."

Zhang Xinya slowly nodded to what Yun Mengxin said, still trying to cope with the shock of the battle.

Zhang Xinya went to tell some people about what Yun Mengxin said.

Yun Mengxin took a medicine pill to recover some minor injuries she had in her body.

The martial artists looked at Yun Mengxin with astonishment and admiration, and looking at the ice that covered almost the entire battlefield, everyone thought that Yun Mengxin really was the Ice Goddess.

70