Chapter 144 – Because I Was The One Who Told Her
4k 2 72
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"The Ming family is planning to take over the star city." Yun Mengxin spoke, with her usual cold voice. Her temper remained as calm as if what she had said did not concern her.

Those nearby were surprised to hear the news of Yun Mengxin.

Long Cheng was the first to understand the gravity of the situation, so he quickly said, "Let's get out of this place first."

Long Cheng could not let a matter of such importance begin to spread quickly, so he asked them to walk away from where the martial artists were.

Long Cheng left one of the elders of his family to guard the place and take notes on the dead and injured people.

The group started walking until they reached a good distance from the martial artists. There was no other person near for at least 300 meters.

Yun Mengxin turned to look at everyone.

On behalf of the Yun family and the Zhang family, there were Zhang Xinya, Yun Dong, Yun Song, Zhang Chao, Zhang Leng.

On behalf of the Long family and the Tang family, there was Long Cheng, Long Hong, Tang Nu, Tang Wei and even Long Yuyin, Tang Jingtian and Mu Shen.

The last three were being supported as they still felt completely tired.

"Young Miss Yun, accusing one of the great families is a dangerous thing to do." Tang Nu spoke to Yun Mengxin. Although he said this, he also frowned at the thought of it.

Long Cheng, the Lord of the City, already had a vague feeling that this might happen one day.

The tyranny and dominance of the Ming family was increasing over time.

"Why do you think there was a sudden increase in the number of the demon hordes?" Yun Mengxin released one of the questions that resided in everyone's mind.

Those present were surprised at such a question, but did not know what to say.

"Young Miss Yun, could you tell us everything you know?" Tang Wei asked Yun Mengxin once and no one answered.

The unexpected increase in the numbers of the horde of demon beasts might have been a mistake in observation by those who were charged with gathering the information, but upon reflection of Yun Mengxin's question, it seemed that there was something at stake.

Yun Mengxin said, "The Ming family found a way to control the demon beasts, so they made use of this and sent out all the demon beasts they could control."

Yun Mengxin observed that everyone's eyes were opened by surprise.

Can the Ming family control the demon beasts?!

Seeing everyone's reaction, Yun Mengxin knew that they still found it hard to believe, so she immediately added: "So far we have not received any news from the Ming family and the Ze family... Doesn't that seem strange to them? I'm even sure the Ze family might be involved as well."

Yun Mengxin no longer spoke, hoping that everyone would understand at least some of what she had said.

The atmosphere became somewhat uncomfortable, but mostly heavy.

Everyone could not believe what Yun Mengxin had said.

Two of the great families wanted to take control of the city by using demon beasts!

Thinking back to all that Yun Mengxin had said, it seemed that everything made sense and was beginning to fit together.

No wonder the number of demon beasts suddenly increased!

But as much as they wanted to believe, they still felt that this was a joke.

They were talking about two great families from the star city!

Yun Mengxin said nothing more and thought about what Ling Tian had told her.

The moment Yun Mengxin finished killing the demon beast in the Ninth Stage of Chi Gathering and sat down to heal her wounds, she felt Ling Tian's presence, as the two had a special connection.

Yun Mengxin understood that shortly before she killed the demon beast, her heart began to beat more strongly. This was to tell her that her beloved was close.

Ling Tian left quickly, saying through the spiritual sense that the Tang family and the Long family might be in danger.

Ling Tian had also left her a package of information about what had happened inside the star city.

About how he had killed Ming Fen and discovered the plan to control the demon beasts to take control of the whole city, as well as get rid of most of the martial artists from the other great families.

He also told her that he helped the Tang family, and also prevented them from at least causing havoc throughout the city by killing several people who were in charge of controlling the demon beasts.

The only thing Ling Tian told her was that he did not know if the other family, the Ze family, was involved. But he felt that both families could work together, as the Ze family had joined the expedition with the Ming family, so they were most likely in conspiracy.

Thus, Yun Mengxin explained a little bit on the way to those who were following her, as they were heading towards the area where the Long and Tang families were.

"Young Miss Yun, how do you know about this? Are you absolutely sure? How could you know that the Ming family and the Ze family might be plotting to take the city?" Tang Wei's trembling voice sounded as he asked Yun Mengxin.

This could also be Yun Mengxi's revenge on these two families because their young masters were the ones who always harassed her. Now with her rank as a Legend, she might want to get revenge.

But looking at her expression and personality, Tang Wei somehow didn't believe this to be true.

It was enough for them to return to the star city and see for themselves.

A few seconds after Tang Wei had asked, a quiet voice sounded near them.

"Because I was the one who told her."

That voice echoed throughout the place, surprising everyone instantly.

Mu Shen and Tang Jingtian, smiled at the sound of this voice.

Long Yuyin rejoiced and with the strength she could, she tried to move her gaze.

Long Cheng was startled as well. He knew this voice very well.

Zhang Xinya's beautiful eyes opened completely from the excitement while her heart began to beat strongly to the point of wanting to get out of her chest. She quickly began to look for the man she had fallen in love with and had been looking for all along.

Yun Mengxin smiled lovingly at this voice. Her heart began to beat happily as she watched the person approach.

When everyone turned to where this voice came from, they were surprised to see a handsome young man with a weak smile and slight indifference in his eyes, while he was holding the hand of a beautiful, noticeably flushed woman who was smiling very happily.

Both walked and arrived in front of the group, surprising each one of them.

72