Chapter 147 – Zhang Xinya
4k 5 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Zhang Xinya had her mind made a mess when she had observed the talk between Ling Tian and her two sisters: Yun Mengxin and Mu Shuiruo.

The moment Ling Tian turned to see them and asked, "What? I can't have two women?", her heart turned over as well as her mind. If this was true, then he could have another wife besides the two of them, so she quickly cleared her mind, buried her spear in the ground and started walking until she reached in front of Ling Tian.

She would only love one man, and since Ling Tian was the one who had made her heart beat for love for the first time, Zhang Xinya wanted him to be her husband.

But when Ling Tian said, "I don't even know you." Zhang Xinya opened her eyes completely when reality hit her instantly.

It's true, he didn't even know her.

He had only saved her from that terrible demon beast. Even he wouldn't have any feelings for her. It wouldn't be strange if he rejected her even though she was very beautiful.

Even though she knew she was very pretty, she didn't go around bragging about her beauty. Even she hadn't believed that she was really listed as one of the five goddesses of the star city.

She had never liked any man before.

She would have no problem meeting a man and relating to him, but the problem was that all the men she had seen were always arrogant and very perverted. They tried to look as cool as they could in front of everyone.

All the things they did were always done to show off and make themselves known, while pride and arrogance manifested themselves to fill their ego. Other men were so brazen to the point of staring at her body without showing even a little respect.

She would only be willing to be looked at in such a way by the man who would become her future husband.

But, at the moment of her imminent death, Ling Tian appeared and saved her, as if he was a knight in the armor of a children's story or an angel sent from heaven.

The look he gave her contained no hint of malice or lust, it was simply like the clear water of a lake, calm and peaceful. Although she had noticed that he had been a little surprised to see her body at first, in the end there was no other emotion seen in his eyes.

Knowing what her father had explained to her, Zhang Xinya was desperate to find Ling Tian.

If Ling Tian was not from the star city and had come from outside, beyond where it had not been explored, Zhang Xinya was afraid that she would never find him again.

But, now that he said he didn't know her, Zhang Xinya felt some pain in her heart.

'Wait, he hasn't rejected me directly...' Zhang Xinya was getting frustrated when she suddenly realized something.

Yes, he hadn't rejected her, so she could start relating to him more.

She'd already found him, so there would certainly be a chance for her in the future.

Looking straight into Ling Tian's jet-black eyes, Zhang Xinya said, "My name is Xinya, Zhang Xinya. You can call me Xinya."

Zhang Xinya's soft voice surprised Ling Tian, but he immediately responded, "It's all right, Lady Zhang..."

"You can call me Xinya!" Zhang Xinya quickly interrupted Ling Tian. If she wanted to relate deeply to him, there should be no obstacle between them.

Ling Tian rolled his eyes to see the stubbornness in Zhang Xinya's gaze, so he could not help but look sideways at Long Yuyin, who was indeed looking at him.

What was wrong with the women of this lower world?

They were so stubborn and strange.

"Lady Zhang, we hardly know each other, so it would be very disrespectful of me to call you directly by name." Ling Tian smiled a little stiffly: "In response to your request, I cannot take you as my wife because I already have two women."

Zhang Xinya frowned when Ling Tian did not call her by name, but decided to put it off since the other problem was the main one on her mind.

"But I like you and you just said yourself that there was no problem with you having two wives... then you wouldn't have a problem with having a third wife." Zhang Xinya spoke directly without averting her gaze from Ling Tian's eyes, and then came a little closer to him when a blush spread across her face and she whispered shyly: "Besides, you've already seen me naked, so you must take responsibility..."

"If I had to take responsibility for every woman I saw naked, I would have thousands of women with me..." Ling Tian murmured weakly at the last thing he heard.

Ling Tian sighed at the last thing Zhang Xinya had said, but hearing clearly what she had said first, she was partly right.

It was normal that in the Immortal World, or even in the Cultivation World, the cultivators had several women and Dao companions.

Even the cultivators of the higher realms had hundreds and even thousands of women in their palaces or residences.

Polygamy and dual cultivation was another practice among cultivators.

However, Ling Tian did not plan to accumulate women. All this time he had only focused on cultivating and being very strong, and then he devoted himself to taking care of his little children, having a family.

Moreover, with the last woman who tried to cheat him, Ling Tian raised a guard against all women in the immortal world.

Although in this lower world people mostly live by being honest and sincere because they do not live long and do not know the evil and cruelty of the immortal world, they may still have some evil and ambition in them.

Looking back at Yun Mengxin and Mu Shuiruo, Ling Tian already had a knowledge of them, and he was completely sure that the two of them were sincere women, so he was happy to take them as his women. Besides, they had feelings for each other.

But to Zhang Xinya he did not know her. She was totally unknown to him. He had only saved her and already, so he didn't expect anything in return.

Zhang Xinya, noticing that Ling Tian was not convinced, quickly extended her hand and grabbed his clothes tightly, while saying with a slight, expectant whisper, "You have to be my husband. I will belong only to you and no one else... I-I, I will love no one but you."

Zhang Xinya mumbled resentfully, pouting with her lips. She was deeply in love with Ling Tian, so the thought of being rejected by him hurt her.

"Haah. But I don't like you, Lady Zhang, so it would be a problem if I married you. You wouldn't be happy and neither would I. You still don't know me well and maybe you think I'm a good person, but it could be the opposite... You should at least try to get to know the other person you're trying to force to be responsible, don't you think?" Ling Tian was not convinced yet and answered her clearly. He wasn't going to make the same mistake twice.

Although this might be hurtful for her, that's how he felt.

Indeed, when Zhang Xinya heard this answer, her heart hurt completely. A tear threatened to come out of her beautiful eyes.

The person she was in love with was rejecting her completely.

At the moment when Zhang Xinya was about to let go of her grip on the fold of Ling Tian's clothes, she remembered the last thing Ling Tian had said to her.

'Hmph! You think we still need to know each other? Then I'll make you fall deeply in love with me!' Zhang Xinya thought when a hopeful look appeared in her eyes while at the same time she looked at Ling Tian with resentment. Her hand tightened its grip on his tunic even more tightly.

Ling Tian, who saw this, surrendered within himself as he faced the stubbornness of the women he had known thus far, but he did not show it on the surface. He did not know what Zhang Xinya was thinking, but it should still be related to her request.

Ling Tian turned to Yun Mengxin and Mu Shuiruo for help, only to find a Mu Shuiruo surprised to see Zhang Xinya, as well as receiving a slight hint of mockery from Yun Mengxin.

Without a remedy, Ling Tian turned to look at the others.

The adults, his two brothers and Long Yuyin, looked at him with their eyes wide open in surprise.

Ling Tian slightly expelled his immortal Chi to wake them up from their shock.

The moment they began to clear their minds, Ling Tian's voice sounded.

"Well, changing the subject, you should know what was going on in the star city when you weren't there." Ling Tian spoke solemnly, deciding to change the subject from Zhang Xinya while watching the faces of all of them being filled with shock and seriousness at the same time.

76