Chapter 149 – Curiosity About the Master-Disciple Relationship
3.7k 2 71
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Is it delicious, Yinyin?"

"En!"

Lan Yin nodded contentedly at Tang Zhi's question as she ate a cookie with both hands.

Giggles

Tang Zhi and Tang Wanying laughed tenderly at the sight of Lan Yin's bulging cheeks due to the cookie.

"Yinyin, where are you staying... do they feed you well? Do they treat you well?" Tang Zhi asked worriedly.

Tang Zhi did not know if Lan Yin was eating properly, as she could see slight signs of thinness and malnutrition in her small body, so she was worried if Ling Tian was not taking good care of her, although she did not think he was capable of mistreating a little girl, she still wanted to make sure.

"En!" Lan Yin nodded with a big happy smile: "I have some big siblings who treat me well and love me very much. The Master always treats me very well and gives me many things, he even plays with me many times. The Master also says that I have to eat very well so that I don't get sick, so he makes lots of food for me to eat well."

Tang Wanying and Tang Zhi were surprised to hear this.

Ling Tian could cook?

This topic interested them and they asked.

"Does your Master know how to cook?" Tang Wanying asked somewhat incredulously.

"En! Master's food tastes so delicious!" Lan Yin answered honestly, still eating the cookie in her hand.

Tang Zhi looked at Lan Yin tenderly as if she were another daughter of hers. Observing the fascination, happiness and love in Lan Yin's eyes when she mentioned Ling Tian, she knew that Lan Yin was not being abused. But the only thing Tang Zhi did not know was why she had signs of malnutrition, unless Ling Tian had saved Lan Yin from a place where she was being abused...

"Yinyin, could you tell me where your parents are?" Tang Zhi asked with concern as she knew it would make Lan Yin sad if she had a painful past. She didn't know if Lan Yin's parents were still alive.

Indeed, the shine in Lan Yin's eyes turned a little off when she heard this, and then she said, "Someone told me that my parents died when I was very little, so I don't remember them..."

Tang Wanying and Tang Zhi felt very bad when they saw Lan Yin's sad expression. They knew they had stepped on a mine.

However, before they could say anything, they watched in awe as the glow returned to their tiny eyes, and even more so than before: "But now I'm happy with my Master! He treats me very well and is very good to me! The Master told me that he would be my family and would never abandon me!"

Lan Yin's pure and happy smile surprised both women. It seems that Ling Tian had saved this little girl and adopted her, which made Lan Yin very happy.

Knowing that Lan Yin had a sad and painful past, they did not decide to ask her any more questions so as not to make her sad. It would be more effective if they asked Ling Tian.

Tang Wanying approached Lan Yin and tenderly caressed her head.

"You can come and play with me as many times as you want. I also have a sister who will surely love to play with you." Tang Wanying said softly to Lan Yin. She knew that Mu Shuiruo would love Lan Yin.

"Mm, okay, but I'd have to tell my Master." Lan Yin hesitated to respond, as she did not know what to say now that Ling Tian was gone.

Tang Wanying was surprised about why Lan Yin kept referring to Ling Tian as her "Master".

Tang Wanying decided to ask Lan Yin about it: "Yinyin, why do you refer to Ling Tian as your Master? Wouldn't it be better to call him big brother?"

Tang Zhi was also intrigued by the "Master" issue, so she wanted to know what was going on with them.

Lan Yin tilted her head to the side thinking: "Mmm, although the Master had told me before that he would be my big brother and also my father since we are a family, he told me that he would be my Master because he would teach me many things. He took me as a disciple and he's my Master now."

Lan Yin smiled as she finished speaking.

Did Ling Tian officially take Lan Yin as a disciple?

Tang Wanying was surprised at Lan Yin's response. Tang Zhi was also shocked.

"What sort of things does your Master teach you?" Tang Wanying asked Lan Yin when she became curious. She wanted to know what Ling Tian was teaching Lan Yin.

Tang Zhi stared at Lan Yin waiting for her answer.

Lan Yin thought for a few seconds and then smiled, saying nothing.

Lan Yin remembered very well what Ling Tian told her about not saying anything about cultivation, so she would not say anything even if they were very good people. She would first listen to what her Master told her.

Tang Wanying and Tang Zhi understood that Lan Yin didn't want to say anything. It was probably Ling Tian who told her not to say anything about what he was teaching her.

Tang Wanying wanted to know what Ling Tian was teaching Lan Yin, so she asked Lan Yin several times, even asking indirect questions in order to know what Ling Tian was teaching her.

Lan Yin was a very intelligent girl, so in the end, she did not say a single thing about cultivation.

Lan Yin would smile helplessly when she didn't want to say anything about cultivation.

In the end, Tang Wanying and Tang Zhi gave up. They understood that Lan Yin would not say a single word.

They were even more curious about what Ling Tian was teaching a little girl.

At this point, Lan Yin turned her head in confusion as she looked in one direction.

"What is it Yinyin?" Tang Wanying realized this and asked when she noticed the strange behavior of Lan Yin, who was watching the "wall".

Lan Yin looked in one direction and then said: "There are many of those ugly beasts outside the house!"

She had scanned with her spiritual sense that several demonic beasts were approaching the Tang family residence.

Ling Tian had told her to be watching her surroundings using her spiritual sense to be alert at any time now that he would not be with her.

Huh?

Tang Wanying and Tang Zhi were surprised to hear this.

Demon beasts outside the house?

If it was before, maybe they wouldn't take so much notice of what a little girl said. Perhaps she was afraid of the demon beasts and was therefore imagining it.

But now, with everything that was happening, Tang Wanying and Tang Zhi somehow believed what Lan Yin had said.

Pam!

The door opened suddenly.

Tang Nan came in quickly and showed a warning expression: "Another group of demon beasts are close by and are heading this way again!"

Tang Nang was scared. They had experienced this once before not long ago, and now that Ling Tian was gone, she didn't know what would happen.

Tang Zhi and Tang Wanying were alarmed again when they heard this.

"We have to get out of here. As long as we're safe, material things don't matter." Tang Zhi spoke quickly while taking the hands of Lan Yin and Tang Wanying.

Lan Yin and Tang Wanying let themselves be led by Tang Zhi, while Tang Nan led the way.

The martial artists who had defended the Tang residence some time ago were still tired and had several injuries, so the defense of the Tang family was weak.

Now that Ling Tian had gone to see the situation on the battlefield outside the star city, there was no one who could take charge of the situation.

Once they left the place, they were surprised to see that an estimated 15 demon beasts were approaching them.

"Go away! Don't stay here! Get into the basement to be safe!" Tang Zhi shouted once she saw the other people who were somewhat far away.

The basement was the safe place for the family. This would be the second time today they would use it. It's mostly where normal people who aren't martial artists, children and old people, would hide. Tang Zhi was planning to hide there with the girls too.

ROAR!

The group of demon beasts roared fiercely towards Tang Zhi's group, so unexpectedly the group of demon beasts went towards them and did not attack the other people, getting the others to save themselves.

At that time, the group of fierce demon beasts besieged Tang Zhi, Tang Wanying, Tang Nan and Lan Yin.

They could no longer enter the basement where the others had gone. If they wanted to go they would have to pass through these demon beasts.

71