Chapter 174 (Vol 2) – Naivety or Acceptance?
3.8k 2 72
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Something smells delicious!"

"It was a good decision to come!"

Excited voices were heard entering the Mu house.

Ling Tian smiled weakly as he caressed Lan Yin's head, making Lan Yin smile happily.

"Big brother..."

A calm and happy voice that could calm one's soul and bring peace, came from the voice of Mu Shuiruo once she saw Ling Tian.

"Little Shuiruo." Ling Tian smiled lovingly while tenderly hugging and kissing Mu Shuiruo's forehead delicately. Mu Shuiruo's complexion blushed deeply as a smile full of happiness showed on her face.

'The husband's hug really feels good.' Mu Shuiruo thought as she felt Ling Tian's warm hug.

"Coff...Coff..."

Tang Jingtian coughed in discomfort once he saw the intimacy of both of them, so he couldn't help but cough to report their presence as well.

Mu Shen slowly got used to this. As long as his sister was happy, he would be happy for her. She was the only blood family he had.

Mu Shuiruo blushed even more fiercely when she remembered that she and Ling Tian were not alone, so she could not help but bury her head in her beloved's chest, wanting to avoid the embarrassing feeling of being watched by several people.

Ling Tian grimaced when they interrupted his hug with Mu Shuiruo, but he knew they were uncomfortable.

"I thought you would go home to your family..." Ling Tian told Tang Jingtian when a little surprise showed up in his eyes.

"Hahaha..." Tang Jingtian laughed awkwardly when he heard what Ling Tian said: "That was what I had in mind, but... I preferred to accompany Brother Shen, and in passing... see if I could eat here..."

Tang Jingtian felt that he was being cheeky when he said the last thing. He remembered that Ling Tian told Lan Yin that he would prepare food for her, so Tang Jingtian would know that Ling Tian would make food. He had eaten Ling Tian's 'majestic' food before and felt that there would not be any food that could top his. Therefore, he excused himself to his family by saying that he would accompany both Mu siblings and then return, but what his parents did not know was that he was coming precisely to taste Ling Tian's food. It is not his fault that Ling Tian's food was heavenly!

Ling Tian rolled his eyes with irony as he understood what Tang Jingtian had in mind.

"What about you?" Ling Tian changed his gaze to the other unexpected visitor: Long Yuyin.

Long Yuyin could not help but blush slightly while she was being watched by Ling Tian, but she immediately tried to calm down as she said in a slightly nervous voice, "Master, I have come to see if you, Sister Shuiruo or the little Yinyin have any injuries. My father said that you could ask for any medicinal plant if you need some elixir to recover... You can even ask for whatever you want."

Although that in itself was not her real goal, Long Yuyin said this quickly. Her father also intended her to ask Ling Tian if he was injured or needed any remedies, so as the Lord of the City, he could make it easy for Ling Tian.

Although Mu Shen and Tang Jingtian now knew that this Goddess also had feelings for Ling Tian, they were still surprised.

She was one of the Goddesses of the Star City!

Her cold and slightly arrogant attitude to others could not be seen anywhere while she was with Ling Tian. She just seemed like a shy, normal woman when she was around him, like she was really a woman in love.

Once again, both boys raised their thumbs in the direction of Ling Tian, marveling at his luck with the women.

Ling Tian did not mind that Long Yuyin kept calling him 'Master'. He immediately nodded gratefully to her, "Thank you for your concern, Lady Long. But I am really well and I just need to rest for a while."

Ling Tian had no wounds, as he had healed them. All he would need was to rest for a while while he could replenish his energy again.

"Mmn." Long Yuyin nodded as she pouted to see that Ling Tian kept calling her that.

"Yeah. Even my father and mother told me that if you have any requirements or need anything, don't hesitate to ask." Tang Jingtian immediately complemented. Ling Tian had saved his whole family several times, so they would try to repay this gratitude.

Accompanying and helping Mu Shuiro to sit down, Ling Tian said, "Sit down, I figured something like this might happen so I made more food than usual."

Ling Tian had made more food, but it seemed that it would not be wasted.

Quickly, everyone sat around the table.

In moments, everyone except Ling Tian devoured the food amazingly.

The arduous battle to exterminate the demonic beasts, as well as the event of catastrophic turns on what happened inside the city, tired everyone, both physically and spiritually. Now all would need a good rest after satiating their stomachs.

"Brother, can you really fly without the legendary flying sword?"

Without stopping eating, Tang Jingtian asked as he looked on with eyes of wonder and praise at Ling Tian.

Everyone turned to see Ling Tian, waiting for his answer.

"Yes, but it is more comfortable to travel on a sword." Ling Tian responded as if it was something unimportant to him, while serving a little more food on the plate of Lan Yin who was sitting next to him.

Although Ling Tian confirmed it, and they witnessed it with their own eyes, they were still amazed.

Could Ling Tian really be a God?

"By the way... that man said that you were a 'Foundation' or 'Stabilization' and that you were weaker than he was, but he could have made a mistake, couldn't he? After all, you killed him."

The moment Tang Jingtian wanted to ask him if he was a true God, Mu Shen asked something he remembered from the words of that middle-aged man.

Ling Tian turned to see Mu Shen and then to all the others. He was a little surprised that, despite having killed hundreds of people, they were still acting the same way as before with him. Even now they were eating as if nothing had happened before.

Would it be foolish naivety or quick acceptance of reality?

He would not be surprised if they were afraid of him after all that happened.

Mu Shen, who in some strange way could understand what Ling Tian was thinking, said in a serious voice, "Brother Tian, even though what happened today had never happened before, we will not be displeased or afraid with you for everything that happened today, at least in my case. I understand that if you had not been there, we would be the ones who would end up dying."

"I agree!" Tang Jingtian nodded energetically as he looked at Ling Tian.

Long Yuyin nodded with a grateful look. Her gaze almost never left Ling Tian.

Even Mu Shuiruo, who was by his side, boldly took his hand, conveying confidence and love. She felt no disgust or fear for Ling Tian after witnessing what he had done before.

Lan Yin had been unconscious during this time, so she could only watch Ling Tian without knowing what they were talking about. However, she always had a smile of pure and genuine happiness when she observed her Master.

Although what happened today was completely on a different level, somehow they were beginning to assimilate.

It was like a new world opening up before their eyes.

Ling Tian felt that, although it might be naivety within them, there was also a sense of rationalism and slow but real acceptance about things.

"Heh." Ling Tian nodded with a slight smile as he secretly shook his head, "Thank you."

It seems that, things will remain the same as before.

72